BR News

[News] Round 3: Ravens Draft DE Bronson Kaufusi At No. 70

105 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, surfdude said:

With all due respect most of you are way too harsh on the picks. None of us have the intel and the know how on who measures up and who doesn't. Most just listen to the talking heads babble about this guy and that guy. Wait 2 years then say this guy was a bust or a stud.

I can tell you hands down that Myles Jack would of been the steal of the draft at #36 and contention for DROY.. I can't say that for anyone we drafted..

why do you have a crystal ball ????

32 minutes ago, mendii said:

I feel like only Stanley is ready to play right away, what happened to instant coffee?

you are being overly optimistic. he will play but he will struggle.

Why do you say that? Athletically he and Tunsil are the same, he has great feet and Stanley's a better run blocker

2 minutes ago, CaliRavenFan said:

I can tell you hands down that Myles Jack would of been the steal of the draft at #36 and contention for DROY.. I can't say that for anyone we drafted..

So you're telling us hands down that you are smarter than DeCosta, Newsome and the entirety of the Ravens scouting staff? They saw Jack was there, they could have taken him, and they didn't.

Kendall Fuller gone, now l'm really upset what the Ravens are doing in this draft. I hope you prove me wrong with this picks Ozzie.

I guess we will be contending for a top 10 pick again next year! Lol

Rookie left tackle/Left guard - A downgrade to osemele
Secondary is the same as last year, burnt toast.
Correa/kaufusi - guys who won't start or make any impact at all this season. Will be rotational pass rushers at best.

Can't wait to see the bums Ozzie takes with his 4th & 5th round picks! Remember last year he took Nick Boyle & tray walker over stefon diggs! LMAO

They are just finding good, tough, smart players that love football and are very coachable.. They will be made in the offseason.

1 minute ago, surfdude said:

why do you have a crystal ball ????

1 minute ago, merryjman said:

So you're telling us hands down that you are smarter than DeCosta, Newsome and the entirety of the Ravens scouting staff? They saw Jack was there, they could have taken him, and they didn't.

I guess we will see at the end of the year.. I can imagine the Perriman pick last year took a major part of not picking Myles Jack. He is just took good of a player to pass up in the 2nd round.

I can't wait to see the draft grade we get

draft grade .........c'mon really. that's why they are behind a mic and not in the war room. draft grade LOL.

I love when the Ravens go outside of the box and select players a lot of us have never heard of. These last 2 guys have a high motor and play downhill no fear. Play like a Raven !

2 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

What would you give us?

I would say a solid B. Could of been an A with the addition of Myles Jack. I was hoping we would trade back into the 3rd but at least tomorrow draft will be exciting for us.

this move back and get extra picks doesn't work, why move back and get a 5th? We had plenty of 4ths rather have 2 or 3 studs then 6 codys. We have no corners and the elite pass rushers were taken by moving back to draft a practice squad player. Our best draft position in years feels like a waste

I'd say is premature to grade a draft when we still have 8 picks to use.

At least we didn't trade up to the second round for a kicker like TB.

I'm not saying Stanley, Correa, and Kaufusi are not good players. My expectation with the 6th overall pick was impact players. I looked at plenty of mocks, big boards. No one had Correa better than Spence. Every playoff team and contenders have a Beast. Top notch players that you scheme for if your facing them. JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Gronk, Von Miller, Dez Bryant, Richard Sherman, Adrian Peterson, etc... Who do you Ravens have that would scare you if you were the other team? Our best players are over 30 years old. This draft was supposed to add one of those type players. I don't see it.

I'd say is premature to grade a draft when we still have 8 picks to use.

At least we didn't trade up to the second round for a kicker like TB.

Not premature to rank the most likely impact picks in the draft though.

There good picks, but only the first rounder was a good value pick. I see one impact player and two developmental guys to unleash their potential in a few years.

I'm not saying Stanley, Correa, and Kaufusi are not good players. My expectation with the 6th overall pick was impact players. I looked at plenty of mocks, big boards. No one had Correa better than Spence. Every playoff team and contenders have a Beast. Top notch players that you scheme for if your facing them. JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Gronk, Von Miller, Dez Bryant, Richard Sherman, Adrian Peterson, etc... Who do you Ravens have that would scare you if you were the other team? Our best players are over 30 years old. This draft was supposed to add one of those type players. I don't see it.

I can agree with your Opinion there. However i do believe Correa Can be that Von Miller that other teams are gonna have to Gameplan for. Same attributes and same Motor. Dont Judge these guys just yet. Give them the opportunity to Prove themselves. Nobody thought anything Of Tom Brady and look at him now.. he was a 6th round pick. Perriman if Healthy can also be another player we have that teams will have to gameplan for. We just have to have Patience and wait and see

3 minutes ago, Ravenous_Ravens said:

Not premature to rank the most likely impact picks in the draft though.

There good picks, but only the first rounder was a good value pick. I see one impact player and two developmental guys to unleash their potential in a few years.

With five picks in the fourth a fifth and two sixths we are still likely to find a sleeper impact player or two. Heck we often find one after the draft.

Oh good everything is finally back to normal. All fans are unhappy and we will probably go 0-16 this year. Not one of our picks will make the roster, Heck we will
be lucky if we get some undrafted free agents to help us out.

8 minutes ago, law215 said:

I can agree with your Opinion there. However i do believe Correa Can be that Von Miller that other teams are gonna have to Gameplan for. Same attributes and same Motor. Dont Judge these guys just yet. Give them the opportunity to Prove themselves. Nobody thought anything Of Tom Brady and look at him now.. he was a 6th round pick. Perriman if Healthy can also be another player we have that teams will have to gameplan for. We just have to have Patience and wait and see

I hear your, but Tom Brady is an outlier. I agree it will take patience to evaluate these guys because none of them are day one impact. I hope are wrong. O Patience: I'm still waiting for Jimmy Smith to be the elite corner, still waiting for Arthur Brown to contribute, still waiting for Elam to cover (anybody), still waiting for Perriman to hit the field. By patience will you be content with another 5-11 or 8-8 season?

With all due respect most of you are way too harsh on the picks. None of us have the intel and the know how on who measures up and who doesn't. Most just listen to the talking heads babble about this guy and that guy. Wait 2 years then say this guy was a bust or a stud.

I've used the same argument for years but we've had some of the league's worst secondaries since the Super Bowl.
Intel arguments and insider knowledge and blah blah blah are all fine and defensible if you're wiwinni, but ultimately the proof is in the pudding, and our pudding has been terrible.

39 minutes ago, surfdude said:

I've used the same argument for years but we've had some of the league's worst secondaries since the Super Bowl.
Intel arguments and insider knowledge and blah blah blah are all fine and defensible if you're wiwinni, but ultimately the proof is in the pudding, and our pudding has been terrible.

winning*

Why can't they ever just fill a need with the BPA? OT was not a need, a solid pick but not a need and IF it was a need its due to bad handling of personnel.

Pass rushers they talked about getting guys that get home or are polished impact players and while good players with upside, Kaufusi and Correa are not polished pass rushers but supportive to creating pressure. Maybe formidable pass rushers in a few seasons. Cannot see any team being scared of the added pass rush.

What about the big hole D Smith left in the middle? Is a 4th or 5th rounder really going to step in or is ABrown who hasn't taken that next step yet going to pull through all of a sudden? CB is pretty much the same situation as last year with the exception of Wright for a full season. He's a slight improvement but not an irreplaceable defender. Seems like the FO is just hoping someone amazing comes out of nowhere late in the draft to save the day where statistically is is far less likely to happen.

Still a lot of players that i really like in round 4. Malcolm Mitchell-WR- UGA, Travis Feeney- OLB- Wash, Marcus Cannaday- CB- UVA, Graham Glasgow-G-Mich, Landon Turner- G- UNC, Kolby Listenbee- KR-TCU, Jonathan Jones -CB- Aub (small but can absolutely fly). Tavon Young -CB- Temple- Harlan Miller-CB- SE La. Stephen Weatherly- DE- Vandy- Anthony Zettel- DE- PSU and more... and we have 5 picks in round 4. There is a lot of solid talent still there and we are in a position to load up!

Remember that all of our 4th round picks are still inside the top 150 picks. In other words in round 4 alone we will get 5 players from the top 150 in the world! I like our chance of finding a gem!