BR News

[News] Round 3: Ravens Draft DE Bronson Kaufusi At No. 70

105 posts in this topic

Who in the world is Denrico Autry? Well, we've consistently drafted on the 'meh' scale for the first 3 rounds. So, is the front office playing it too safe? This guy is ranked 91st on ESPN and we took him @70. Correa was ranked 42nd on NFL.com and we took him 42nd. At least not a reach. But, surely we only got 1 first round pick contrary to the speech given by Eric DeCosta about getting 2 first rounder with the first 2 picks. Didn't happen.

I can just see the last two picks Jersey's selling like hot cakes..ha ha ha,,...who are these guys?????

I like both last 2 picks..Im hyped about Correa and Koufusi.
Average fans might not know them because smaller schools but BYU and Boise St..are football Powerhouses in the general....and Correa,Koufusi were 2 of the best players in the nation..you didnt know.

Now would I have loved Spence,Jack, etc a big school big name guy better probably but I know these guys any they are legit.

Who in the world is Denrico Autry? Well, we've consistently drafted on the 'meh' scale for the first 3 rounds. So, is the front office playing it too safe? This guy is ranked 91st on ESPN and we took him @70. Correa was ranked 42nd on NFL.com and we took him 42nd. At least not a reach. But, surely we only got 1 first round pick contrary to the speech given by Eric DeCosta about getting 2 first rounder with the first 2 picks. Didn't happen.

This is the most disappointing draft that I can remember... They traded back and left all the elite talent out there... This has become the norm for us...

Now..trade back into the 3rd..get Braxton Miller, a legit wr before they are all gone..
I guess CB will come tomorrow.
Kiper said..Correa can play both OLBr /Pass rush and Ilbr..
I assume hes meant for pass rush.. so still need ILBr too

13 minutes ago, mendii said:

I feel like only Stanley is ready to play right away, what happened to instant coffee?

That was promised only for the 1st round. They kept the promise - hopefully.

11 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

This is the most disappointing draft that I can remember... They traded back and left all the elite talent out there... This has become the norm for us...

Maybe it will turn out ok. I thought we nailed previous drafts when we drafted Elam and Arthur Brown. Some of the guys we drafted last year looks a though they will turn out to be depth guys at best. I hope that this one, with no sizzle ( no pun intended) surprises us.

15 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

I was so hyped for the draft because I knew we would have a chance on drafting two 1st round type players. When I read that article I knew they would spend all the time needed to scout a stud for the top of the 2nd round. Now it just seems like they don't know how to draft elite talent anymore high in the draft.

The Ravens didn't need to draft many players that can step in and play right away! They have starters in place and if they are healthy they will be fine. The problem is when they aren't healthy there is no depth behind them. These last two picks are perfect for what they are trying to do. Ride Suggs and the older players out until they are done and then have the young guns waiting to step in and take over.

Spence is the guy I wanted. Hope this works out for us. At this point I'm thinking we will find a diamond in the rough with the endless amount of 4th round picks.......unless we trade those for more 4th and 5th round picks for 2017.

Just now, whobilly said:

Spence is the guy I wanted. Hope this works out for us. At this point I'm thinking we will find a diamond in the rough with the endless amount of 4th round picks.......unless we trade those for more 4th and 5th round picks for 2017.

smh man smh.

I love how they take the entire nfl.com posting and paste it in here EXCEPT the projected 4th-5th round draft grade. the "sources tell us" section says it all. REACH!!

I guess we will just have to wait and see how these picks pan out, but they are definitely head scratchers considering the options that were there. I love Oz, but it's possible his age is catching up with him. He has not made good personnel decisions in recent years. Hopefully these three picks pan out.

3 minutes ago, whobilly said:

They obviously avoided him for the same character reasons they passed on Tunsil. 

I feel like only Stanley is ready to play right away, what happened to instant coffee?

you are being overly optimistic. he will play but he will struggle.

The Ravens didn't need to draft many players that can step in and play right away! They have starters in place and if they are healthy they will be fine. The problem is when they aren't healthy there is no depth behind them. These last two picks are perfect for what they are trying to do. Ride Suggs and the older players out until they are done and then have the young guns waiting to step in and take over.

Bronson Kaufusi will already be 25 by the time the season starts. If he doesn't step in right away, then he wont have an impact until hes almost 30 years old.

27 minutes ago, mendii said:

you are being overly optimistic. he will play but he will struggle.

I guess they didn't want myles jack.

I guess we will be contending for a top 10 pick again next year! Lol

Rookie left tackle/Left guard - A downgrade to osemele
Secondary is the same as last year, burnt toast.
Correa/kaufusi - guys who won't start or make any impact at all this season. Will be rotational pass rushers at best.

Can't wait to see the bums Ozzie takes with his 4th & 5th round picks! Remember last year he took Nick Boyle & tray walker over stefon diggs! LMAO

With all due respect most of you are way too harsh on the picks. None of us have the intel and the know how on who measures up and who doesn't. Most just listen to the talking heads babble about this guy and that guy. Wait 2 years then say this guy was a bust or a stud.

Now..trade back into the 3rd..get Braxton Miller, a legit wr before they are all gone..
I guess CB will come tomorrow.
Kiper said..Correa can play both OLBr /Pass rush and Ilbr..
I assume hes meant for pass rush.. so still need ILBr too

CB- Kendall Fuller-VTech, CB - Marcus Cannaday -UVA and CB - Harlan Miller -SE LA... all can help us out in round 4

I was excited when we drafted Mount Cody, Elam, Arthur Brown, Mark Clayton so I feel like many of the guys that sound like home runs on paper aren't worth the hype. I also thought it insane to draft a Harvard FB so early but Juice panned out. The hidden gems are where the scouts earn their keeps, so I think it's too early to say whether we struck out so far.

Who cares about rankings except fans on draft day that want to couch GM. Bottom line - can they play football on the field and can they help us win. Brandon Wiliams had a 5th round grade. John Urschel had a 7th Round grade. Crockett Gilmore had a 5th Round grade....doesnt matter, they can play football....

2 minutes ago, surfdude said:

With all due respect most of you are way too harsh on the picks. None of us have the intel and the know how on who measures up and who doesn't. Most just listen to the talking heads babble about this guy and that guy. Wait 2 years then say this guy was a bust or a stud.

I can tell you hands down that Myles Jack would of been the steal of the draft at #36 and contention for DROY.. I can't say that for anyone we drafted..

2 minutes ago, thecommish said:

CB- Kendall Fuller-VTech, CB - Marcus Cannaday -UVA and CB - Harlan Miller -SE LA... all can help us out in round 4

There goes Kendall Fuller.. Looks like we are getting no CB help this draft..