Steve0x

Restaurant Talk

259 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, usmccharles said:

the hype it gets. 

Yeah, OK.  I'm in Cali as a visitor so it was only hyped to me by relatives.  I have to say though that it's the best FF I've had.  

2 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

Yeah, OK.  I'm in Cali as a visitor so it was only hyped to me by relatives.  I have to say though that it's the best FF I've had.  

I guess since I don't really eat FF it just doesn't do anything for me.  But people here Cali act like if you don't like it, your a sinner. 

You are in Cali now?

Just now, usmccharles said:

I guess since I don't really eat FF it just doesn't do anything for me.  But people here Cali act like if you don't like it, your a sinner. 

You are in Cali now?

Negative, not in a couple of years. 

I don't do much FF either, just when travelling, but got hooked when my nephew and his fiance had an In n Out truck cater their "night before the wedding" party.   Longboard on tap and cooked to order burgers and fries at the Newport Harbor Lawn Bowling Club. It was a blast! Although I never did really get the hang of rolling those wobbly balls.  lol 

1 minute ago, Tank 92 said:

Negative, not in a couple of years. 

I don't do much FF either, just when travelling, but got hooked when my nephew and his fiance had an In n Out truck cater their "night before the wedding" party.   Longboard on tap and cooked to order burgers and fries at the Newport Harbor Lawn Bowling Club. It was a blast! Although I never did really get the hang of rolling those wobbly balls.  lol 

I assume you tried it animal style? 

What part of cali were you in?

22 hours ago, usmccharles said:

I assume you tried it animal style? 

What part of cali were you in?

lol.....no animal style.

Have been a lot of places San Francisco and below. My nephew lives in Costa Mesa, so been around LA area quite a bit. Did a trip in 2006 where we flew into Vegas, visited the Grand Canyon, then doubled back going through Death Valley to Lone Pine(Mt. Whitney, Alabama Hills), up 395 to Lee Vining (Mono Lake). Spent time hiking Yosemite then over to San Francisco and Pacific Grove for a few days, then a leisurely 3 day drive down the PCH to Santa Barbara and back across the Mojave to Vegas to catch the flight home.

2010 went to a wedding and stayed between LA and San Diego for a week. Then went back to Yosemite(Fish Camp) and also spent 4 days in Three Rivers while hikng Sequoia NP and King's Canyon. Love the Sierra Nevada region.  Can you tell?   lol 

Edited by Tank 92

5 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Okay. Worst dining experience ever. Go. 

Service or food quality?

11 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

One time Bob Evans accidentally put little orange rubber bands in my salad instead of carrots.

21 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

One time Bob Evans accidentally put little orange rubber bands in my salad instead of carrots.

There's a reason I don't go to Bob evans

52 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

wh...wh...HUH!?

13 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

This hasn't happened to me before, but my mom was at a diner in California and she found a bug in her hash browns.

And a waiter spilled sauce on my dad and his camera.

2 hours ago, ludy51 said:

wh...wh...HUH!?

Probably had to open a fresh bag of the shredded carrots and the little orange rubber bands didn't look too different.  Hard to tell when it's all tossed up in the salad but you can certainly tell when you bite into it lol

42 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

This hasn't happened to me before, but my mom was at a diner in California and she found a bug in her hash browns.

And a waiter spilled sauce on my dad and his camera.

Was the bug at Fudruckers?

My worst experience was a Waffle House in Jax Beach.  Yes it was late on a Thanksgiving night (we had flown in for a Ravens game that weekend), but it was seriously horrible.

service.... easy. 
Cheeburger-cheeburger in Annapolis.

It was my daughters seventh (?) birthday.  She could pick anywhere to eat.  She chose cheeburger-cheeburger in Annapolis.  We had been there several times and always enjoyed ourselves.  They were not busy so we were seated quickly.  We all had our fav burgers so it didn't take long to choose, and start to wait.  
Then we closed our menus and waited.

and then we stacked our menus nice and neat at the end of the table and waited.

Then we made eye contact with the hostess and waited. 

Then we made eye contact with the waitress who is making sure the wall doesn't tip over and we wait.

About twenty minuets since we were seated, that wall isn't going anywhere, I look at the wall holding waitress and mouth the words " We are ready"  she blows a bubble with her gum and maintains her wall holding stance.  

I ask my daughter what her second choice would have been, and her heart breaks.

I grab the menus and hand them to little miss thiswallaintgoingnowhere and tell her we had been regular customers for years and we are never coming back.  She said that was okay.

The next day I send e-mails to both the local Cheeburger-cheeburger and their corporate offices as well.  To this day, no response.  I figure it has been nine years now so I guess I will never hear anything from either.

I will start by saying I was a server for about 7 years before I joined the Marines.  When I got out, I moved to Fort Myers, FL and became a server at a very popular restaurant on a spring break beach (so many stories from those 2 years, but it would be impossible to tell them in a PG form), I loved being a server, so I know the life style and I know what its like to be swamped with a lot of tables.  That being said, I expect good service.  I can tell when people are busy, people who have never worked in the industry may not understand what its like.  Good service Ill normally leave 20%, if its great service all around, ill hook them up.  I have high standards for servers. 

When I was stationed in Pensacola, Fl for some trainging in the Marines, my wife at the time and our friends were in visiting and we all went out to the beach and was going to eat later.  While we were on the beach we saw an advertisement for all you can eat crab legs (hard to find whole crab most places) so obviously we were down for this. 

Its a decent drive from where we were at on the beach so I give the restaurant a call just to confirm prices, wait time, ask about the crab leg deal, etc....Everything was good to go. 

Get to the restaurant, have signs for their all you can eat crab legs as soon as you walk in, we get seated and the group of us order drinks and some appetizers; shrimp, oysters, etc

Waitress comes back to take our order (im sure you can see whats about to happen) and we all say the crab legs.  Shockingly, no crab legs.  At this point im pretty frustrated and ask to talk to the manager, explain the situation and basically was told too bad. Not even 10% off on appetizers, which isn't a lot but at least that would of been an effort to try to fix the situation.  But no. 

We ended up driving back to the exact same spot we were at and just picked another place.  Easily the worst experience on dining out.