Cillmatic

Honest predictions for the coming season

220 posts in this topic

Impossible to make any judgment until after the draft.

FA has gone well overall, but tentatively might be a stretch to go from 5-11 to playoff contender in one offseason.

Reserving this space for after the draft :lol:

But I agree with the above poster that something around 8-8, give or take a couple wins, seems achievable.  

For what it's worth, our 2016 opponents:

Home

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Oakland Raiders
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Washington Redskins

Away

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants

I could honestly see us winning out at home. We may slip one to the Bengals or steelers, or less likely the bills could be a sleeper. Also the raiders.

Oddly I could see us losing every road game as well lol. I think we may end up 8-8 going 7-1 at home and 1-7 on the road...

I think we win 6/7 home games and 3/4 away games. A lot can change, but I see us having a comeback season. I think we split with the Steelers and Bengals and sweep the Browns. Again, there's so much that can change, but I think 8-8 is an underestimate.

Flacco will throw for 4000+ yards.

Forsett will become a back up to another running back.

No Ravens receivers will eclipse 1000 yards (balanced attack with Smith, Wallace, Perriman, Aiken, Campanaro, and tight ends).

Elam has significant role in defense as nickel corner/safety after torn biceps.

Arthur Brown is cut before the start of the season.

Defense will rank top 10 next season.

Webb has 6 interceptions in the 2016 season at safety.

6 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

Flacco will throw for 4000+ yards.

Forsett will become a back up to another running back.

No Ravens receivers will eclipse 1000 yards (balanced attack with Smith, Wallace, Perriman, Aiken, Campanaro, and tight ends).

Elam has significant role in defense as nickel corner/safety after torn biceps.

Arthur Brown is cut before the start of the season.

Defense will rank top 10 next season.

Webb has 6 interceptions in the 2016 season at safety.

I could see all of these happening, but I think Arthur Brown stays and Forsett doesn't become a backup, but his role/usage is reduced. I think we spread out the ground attack.

2 minutes ago, Sherly_Tebow said:

I could see all of these happening, but I think Arthur Brown stays and Forsett doesn't become a backup, but his role/usage is reduced. I think we spread out the ground attack.

Those were two of my bolder predictions. I think Forsett's play drops off significantly and we use him less. Arthur Brown's chances of staying are higher with the Daryl Smith departure but he needs to show he can play in training camp this year or he is out the door in my opinion. He has even struggled getting onto the field even for special teams.

Our Pythagorean record has us pegged as a 6-10 team (essentially we had the points differential of a 6-10 side, as opposed to a 5-11 one), but I think that made us look worse than we were because we had a couple of late-season blowouts when the injuries really started to mount. So statistically, if everything had stayed the same this offseason we could reasonably expect a 6-10 record, but there's no reason to think we can't win one or two more with slightly better breaks (friendly bounce of the ball, better luck with a referee's decision, etc). If we stay healthy enough, 8-8 should be a minimum.

16 minutes ago, Inqui said:

Our Pythagorean record has us pegged as a 6-10 team (essentially we had the points differential of a 6-10 side, as opposed to a 5-11 one), but I think that made us look worse than we were because we had a couple of late-season blowouts when the injuries really started to mount. So statistically, if everything had stayed the same this offseason we could reasonably expect a 6-10 record, but there's no reason to think we can't win one or two more with slightly better breaks (friendly bounce of the ball, better luck with a referee's decision, etc). If we stay healthy enough, 8-8 should be a minimum.

I can't agree more... In two games terrible referee calls at the end determined the outcome and it was on the wrong side for us. The NFL came out after those games and said the referees made the wrong decision. Just by those 2 games we could've won alone that puts us a 7-9 and the Panthers were a 7 win team in 2014. I'm not saying we will be 15-1 next season with a super bowl berth but weirder things have happened and to say we cannot win 10 games in a season after how close they were with the injuries we had with how close the outcomes of the games were is foolish.

To many variables. If Perriman and Campanaro can run routes for most part as opposed to injured reserve and Maxx follows through with his progress and if a viable left tackle rises up from the ashes that is now the ravens left tackle position. The ravens could shoot their way out to a a battle for a playoff spot. If Perriman is injured or flops and Campanaro gets injured again the ravens could be dueling with the browns to climb out of the bottom of the pit. If ravens did not let KO walk to corner the has been market then drafted Ezekiel and traded back into round1 for a WR the ravens very well could of won shootouts all the way to the Superbowl torturing opposing teams on the way with prolific offense featuring ball control sustained drives culminating in TDs as well as precision throws and big plays!! It wasn't just losing KO it was breaking up the OLine and something the ravens did better than everybody. Punish opposing teams with power blocking and zone blocking simultaneously. And KO was the intimidator of the line. With that OLine ,Perriman Campanaro Maxx Ezekiel and a legit WR in the draft like Coleman Thomas Fuller Shepherd or Doctson, the offense could of been historically awesome!! Greatest Show on turf meets great wall.

Edited by Winchester

3 hours ago, A Fish Called Yanda said:

Took me till like August last year to determine that we were going to go 10 - 6 or 11 - 5.

Yeahhhhhh, not gonna bother with predictions anymore.

i was predicting a 13-3 last year along with bleacher report lol nice how that turned out

9 minutes ago, RavensFanOfLA said:

i was predicting a 13-3 last year along with bleacher report lol nice how that turned out

As Suggs said, being a popular SB pick is the kiss of death :lol::mellow::( 

Those road games look brutal, going against DEZ, OBJ, Marshall and Decker, Gronk, Jags duo.  I think our secondary will be improved but those are some tough challenges right there. 

Lets see how the draft goes, but as of now im saying 8-8 as default. 

13 minutes ago, Tru11 said:

as of now id say something between  19-0 and 0-16 not counting pre season.

This...... 

Even at week one of the season predictions are useless and more than speculative. So many variables and so much depends upon good/bad fortune.  

That said, it's always fun to give a WAG. Last year with a few breaks we would have been at least an 8 - 8 team, even with all of the injuries.  With any sort of good luck this season I think a record worse than 10  - 6 would be very surprising. 

10 hours ago, GrimCoconut said:

It sucks we play Washington at home. I'd rather have played them away for another home game. 

Its on a four year rotation with them. We last played them in 2012 in Washington (regular season).

We only play them once every 8 years in Baltimore. Last Ravens/Redskins home regular season game for us was in 2008.

Slightly unfortunate in the way the rotation fell, in that both of the nearest opponents in the NFC East (Philly and Washington) are on the same rotation.

Though if you remember, in 2012, we played Dallas and the Giants at home and traveled to Skins and Eagles, so we had two road games within about 100 miles or so. That was nice. We will see that again in 2020 (short of realignment).

Can't really complain though... coming off last years schedule of playing both West divisions, we only have one road game west of Ohio this year and 15 of 16 games are in the Eastern Time Zone. Basically as good as it gets.

Edited by rmcjacket23

5 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

This...... 

Even at week one of the season predictions are useless and more than speculative. So many variables and so much depends upon good/bad fortune.  

That said, it's always fun to give a WAG. Last year with a few breaks we would have been at least an 8 - 8 team, even with all of the injuries.  With any sort of good luck this season I think a record worse than 10  - 6 would be very surprising. 

Ehh... 10-6 is pretty hard to get. We've had some really, really good teams that struggled to get to 10-6. 

I'd say 8-8 is a realistic expectation right now. If we got to that point, I wouldn't necessarily call the season a failure. 

4 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Ehh... 10-6 is pretty hard to get. We've had some really, really good teams that struggled to get to 10-6. 

I'd say 8-8 is a realistic expectation right now. If we got to that point, I wouldn't necessarily call the season a failure. 

Especially considering last year we should have been 7-9. Being healthy I think our floor is 8-8, I don't see us being any better than 10-6

10 hours ago, Maryland said:

Reserving this space for after the draft :lol:

But I agree with the above poster that something around 8-8, give or take a couple wins, seems achievable.  

For what it's worth, our 2016 opponents:

Home

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Oakland Raiders
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Washington Redskins

Away

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants

I want to see a game at Jerry's World, so I plan on going to this game.  

3 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

I want to see a game at Jerry's World, so I plan on going to this game.  

Giving strong consideration to going as well... just need to find out the timeline.

5 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Giving strong consideration to going as well... just need to find out the timeline.

If I recall correctly, the schedule is usually released a week or two before the draft.