JoeyFlex5

The Rumor Mill

2,750 posts in this topic

now that were getting closer to the combine i figured we should start a rumor mill, helping us connect the dots for the inevitable flood of mock drafts that will be coming, and better predict the top 5. 

first rumors i want to post come from walter football, claiming the jags are prioritizing the front seven over the secondary, and the cowboys having jalen ramsey number 1 on their boards, of course they do, because thats who we want... anyway, if you see a rumor linking a team to a player then i figure this would be a good way to keep all of these rumors in working order

It's easy to engage in rumors that precede the draft and free agency. Most don't have any validity or substance in fact. The Cowboys are notorious in spin tactics. The thing about the process is it's mostly gamesmanship and Bull/. I can only hope the Ravens have a clear cut plan to thwart the efforts of teams to sway the process against their methods needed to acquire those they covet. If for some reason they (Ravens) (hypothetical) have Ramsey 1st on their board and he's taken. So what ! He's gone so move on with your board. Point is they need to be able to grab those they deem most essential to the progress and put into play a definitive strategy that would lead to that actually happening. If you know that you have Ramsey 1st whats your strategy to get him. Okay two costly then whats the fall back plan ? With the picks we have at our disposal we should be right in line with a successful draft on par or epic. The gaffs should be almost non existent. There is no viable reason why at the very least 6 of the projected 10/11 won't be viable contributors come 2nd year. Injuries happen of course. But to have the 4ths and 5ths being called into question should lead to some heads rolling. If they truly value getting this team headed in the right direction they will sacrifice a pick or two to get those they have absolutely have identified as keynote in the Process. 

To see the failed attempts @ receiver over numerous cycles be mishandled will wear on the most ardent fan. I hope the secondary hasn't slid den into that realm.

Now enough of that. 

Looking at these rumors, following me every day, Just need some time, some time to get away ! Key the music. Testing testing one two

Edited by thieverycorporation
wording

@thievery that's what the ravens do. But it doesn't mean we have no right to be a little bitter. Ramsey is probably the best pick for us, so obviously settling for a vh3 or Stanley would not be very satisfying. 

Rumors may just be rumors but sometimes they hold water. Rumor had it the ravens were high on perriman and we all scoffed at the notion and then we shockingly passed on Byron Jones and malcom Brown for him, rumors sometimes prove to be very true.

@flex5 I'm bitter as all get out lol. 

True of your assertion that we had a rumor proven to be true. I hated it then and still hate it lol. No way was i even thinking that Perriman was in play. Which concerns me til this day Lol. 

I guess thats why the Browns brought in the analytical guy to lessen the impact of guessing wrong and having Know fall back plan.

Free agency hurry the H___ up !

42 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Rumors may just be rumors but sometimes they hold water. Rumor had it the ravens were high on perriman and we all scoffed at the notion and then we shockingly passed on Byron Jones and malcom Brown for him, rumors sometimes prove to be very true.

Byron Jones is who I wanted at our pick last year and he probably should've been our pick in that draft... It's also hilarious how when we picked Perriman, they showed Byron Jones on the TV. I'll never forget that lol. Jones had a solid rookie season in Dallas and he would've been a nice addition to our secondary.

Edited by spitfire418

19 minutes ago, spitfire418 said:

Byron Jones is who I wanted at our pick last year and he probably should've been our pick in that draft... It's also hilarious how when we picked Perriman, they showed Byron Jones on the TV. I'll never forget that lol. Jones had a solid rookie season in Dallas and he would've been a nice addition to our secondary.

I'll never forget them showing Jerry with his poo eating grin on his face because he just KNEW we were about to finally get revenge on them for taking dez... And then we didn't take him lol. I like perriman though and I think he'll be very good for us

11 minutes ago, ALI624 said:

What about the highlights of Denzel Perryman instead of Breshad Perriman lol.

Lolol and then gruden rubbing salt in our wounds showing every single freaking drop from his junior year. 

Most of us were just so livid about that pick lol. Ive hopped on his bandwagon though

I feel like every time I start liking a prospect the Cowboys end up taking him. I liked Zach Martin and had mixed feelings with drafting him since we just re-signed Monroe and had KO and Yanda and a promising young tackle in Wagner, so that didn't hurt much but then they take Bryant, Frederick, Jones...I really hate them. 

Why do the Cowboys try to copy us every year. Have you noticed the last few drafts in a row the Cowboys draft spot is always next to us. So in saying that. That means next year it will be picks 31 and 32. Super bowl 51!

Edited by L.A.Ravens
Super bowl comment

Not to live in a "what-if" world but i think we all would've loved it if Peters fell to us. I think everyone would've been ecstatic even before he had 8 INTs as a rookie

17 minutes ago, ngatainmyhouse said:

Not to live in a "what-if" world but i think we all would've loved it if Peters fell to us. I think everyone would've been ecstatic even before he had 8 INTs as a rookie

That's who I was hopeing we would of drafted last year. A lot of mock drafts had him going to us to. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. LAME!

Peters got 8 ints, which is great, but he also allowed over 900 yards and 7 TDs. Through 10 games, sharice wright only allowed around 130 yards and 1 TD. He didn't start all 10 games but that's still impressive. He has the ability to be a good corner, but he isn't a shut down kind of guy. He is the kind of guy to get a pick one play but allow a 60 yard TD the next. I would have preferred Ronald Darby honestly

27 minutes ago, IceUpSon89 said:

Peters got 8 ints, which is great, but he also allowed over 900 yards and 7 TDs. Through 10 games, sharice wright only allowed around 130 yards and 1 TD. He didn't start all 10 games but that's still impressive. He has the ability to be a good corner, but he isn't a shut down kind of guy. He is the kind of guy to get a pick one play but allow a 60 yard TD the next. I would have preferred Ronald Darby honestly

He also was a ROOKIE and a pro-bowler. He has plenty more upside in the upcoming years... And Shareece Wright has been in the league for 5 years so he has a lot more experience than peters does

Edited by ngatainmyhouse

12 hours ago, spitfire418 said:

I like Jones and thought he could have possibly been drafted by The Ravens  but Perriman/wide receiver  was a absolute need pick more than corner at the time. I'm sure if Jones would have been drafted then Raven fans would feel like Ozzie failed yet again to draft a receiver  with great upside for Joe to throw to.

11 minutes ago, jazz1988 said:

I like Jones and thought he could have possibly been drafted by The Ravens  but Perriman/wide receiver  was a absolute need pick more than corner at the time. I'm sure if Jones would have been drafted then Raven fans would feel like Ozzie failed yet again to draft a receiver  with great upside for Joe to throw to.

Looking back, I'm still happy with BP as our pick last year, even though we haven't really seen him much. To me, he honestly seems like the better prospect than the majority of receivers we see in this years class.

So here's one I find weird, from Walter's rumor mill posted yesterday: 

The Titans like Tunsil better than Bosa.  Okay, not a big surprise.  But Walter says they really want to trade back, still staying in the top 10, and take a DB.  Walter thinks they have eyes on Ramsey or maybe Hargreaves. 

I'm not sure who in the top 10 would trade all the way up to first, and for whom.  Is there a team that clearly really needs Bosa that badly?  I'm also intrigued that it makes it sound like the Titans have Ramsey in the back of their top 10, considering we've been assuming he's gone by #6.    Last, Mariota is going to cry himself to sleep if they skip Tunsil for more draft picks.   It seems like they're trying to maintain the value of the first pick overall, in case there is a trade partner. But I don't see them doing this.  Am I missing something? 

It's also interesting because that would put them right around our pick, and looking for some of the same guys. 

33 minutes ago, Jaybirds said:

The Titans like Tunsil better than Bosa.  Okay, not a big surprise.  But Walter says they really want to trade back, still staying in the top 10, and take a DB.  Walter thinks they have eyes on Ramsey or maybe Hargreaves. 

I'm not sure who in the top 10 would trade all the way up to first, and for whom.  Is there a team that clearly really needs Bosa that badly?  I'm also intrigued that it makes it sound like the Titans have Ramsey in the back of their top 10, considering we've been assuming he's gone by #6.    Last, Mariota is going to cry himself to sleep if they skip Tunsil for more draft picks.   It seems like they're trying to maintain the value of the first pick overall, in case there is a trade partner. But I don't see them doing this.  Am I missing something? 

It's also interesting because that would put them right around our pick, and looking for some of the same guys. 

The Saints need pass rush help bad but I'm not sure if they will be willing to give up so many picks for Bosa and I know the Buccs need help at pass rush as well.

4 hours ago, ngatainmyhouse said:

Still bitter about the Chiefs taking Peters several expletives were said when they took Peters I knew we were going to get him ugh. Still mad about that one

9 minutes ago, Wildabeast88 said:

Still bitter about the Chiefs taking Peters several expletives were said when they took Peters I knew we were going to get him ugh. Still mad about that one

The worst for me was the Giants taking OBJ. Even though we probably would have taken someone else and that would have hurt worse. I was driving to work and listening to the draft on my phone. For some reason I got a really bad feeling when Goodell started to announce the pick and I started a long string of loud swear words when OBJ's name came out. And watching him become a highlight reel sensation didn't help.

2 hours ago, Jaybirds said:

I've actually been hearing a rumour to that effect for a few months (as far back as when Cleveland and Tennessee were jostling for the #1 pick). I've always said none of the BPA prospects really fit Tennessee that neatly so they might be more open to trading the pick than usual. Dallas or SF might want to trade up for a QB. A Dallas trade in particular makes sense as the Titans could still get Ramsey.

Tunsil wouldn't be a bad pick, but it's not quite as simple as just sliding Lewan to RT. Luke Joeckel looked great at LT in college but was completely overmatched at RT. I know he's not been amazing for the Jags in general, but he's actually become a serviceable LT for them now. They can still do some big-time upgrades to the OL without using the #1 pick on a LT.

9 hours ago, L.A.Ravens said:

Why do the Cowboys try to copy us every year. Have you noticed the last few drafts in a row the Cowboys draft spot is always next to us. So in saying that. That means next year it will be picks 31 and 32. Super bowl 51!

If this were to happen and we beat them, First Take would be GLORIOUS to watch.

32 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

If this were to happen and we beat them, First Take would be GLORIOUS to watch.

Haha no doubt. God Skip gets on my nerves with his fantasy land crap.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:20 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

now that were getting closer to the combine i figured we should start a rumor mill, helping us connect the dots for the inevitable flood of mock drafts that will be coming, and better predict the top 5. 

first rumors i want to post come from walter football, claiming the jags are prioritizing the front seven over the secondary, and the cowboys having jalen ramsey number 1 on their boards, of course they do, because thats who we want... anyway, if you see a rumor linking a team to a player then i figure this would be a good way to keep all of these rumors in working order

After the combine the old man Gill Brandt will be recruited by Jones to spread even more rumors to throw other teams off the scent of guys they really covet and to entice teams they know that covet a player by portraying that player as someone they covet. All part of the idiotic Jones' game that never seems to pan out too well overall. Except one has to admit that lately they've done well. In any case, the only reason Jalen Ramsey being on the top of their board is even surfacing is because both the Jags and Ravens covet him or that is what we've led them to believe!

9 hours ago, jazz1988 said:

Perriman will be back this year strong and willing to shock the world. Or that is the hope. I truly believe he'll be a very good asset to our offense this year.

The Cowboys scouting department has pretty much always been top notch, minus a few down years. So I respect them, it's a good thing that our departments are always after the same guy. The Marcus Peters picked completely tore me up, because I'm sure we would have traded up a few spots to snag him. The Donte Hightower snag by the Patriots almost made me punch a wall a few years back.