• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Mt. Crushmore

2016 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

4,740 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Obviously not worth a top 10 pick, but to say he is near bust status is incorrect. He has been a solid guard for his 3 years in the league. He's been positive in PFF for 2 of his 3 years. Remember, he is still only 24 years old and yes, potential is still in play when you are 24

PFF actually said he's teetering on bust status, if I'm not mistaken, and when you've been in the league for three years, potential is going out the window. By year four, you should be well into your progression as a football player.

By the way, he was negative in his rookie season and as of December 23rd, 2015, he was rated 62nd out of 82 guards with a -11.7 grade. Not sure where you're getting he graded out positive in two years.

Edited by BmoreBird22

Kory Lichtensteiger was bad last season outside of the ZBS. He needed a welcome return home. I feel like this board overrates certain players and Urschel is one of them. He's okay, but Kory was a better player in the ZBS, and is very versatile, being a good center and guard. 

Damontre Moore cannot defend the run, but he can go after the QB like nobody's business. Good depth in my eyes. Will be a nice rotational piece

53 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

The Ravens Cut:

(June 1st) Dennis Pitta 5 stars. Sorry Dennis, Love ya. But I have other uses. 

Chris Canty(2 Stars)

Kyle Arrington(1.5 Stars)

Ryan Mallet(1.5 Stars)

Anthony Levine(1 star)

James Hurst(.5 Stars)

Micajah Reynolds(.5 stars)

Nordly Capri(.5 stars)

Jumal Rolle(.5 stars)

Chuck Jacobs(.5 stars)

Cam Worthy(.5 stars)

Jerrod Johnson(.5 stars)

Sheldon Price(.5 Stars)

Saves: 15 stars

The Ravens Franchise Justin Tucker(4.5 Stars)

The Ravens lay a second round tender on Kamar Aiken(2.5 stars)

The Ravens lay an original  round tender on Ryan Jensen(.5 stars)

ERFA Tender: Kaelin Clay(.5 Stars)

Positions please. Also, Jensen's RFA tender isn't 0.5 stars

5 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

PFF actually said he's teetering on bust status, if I'm not mistaken, and when you've been in the league for three years, potential is going out the window. By year four, you should be well into your progression as a football player.

By the way, he was negative in his rookie season and as of December 23rd, 2015, he was rated 62nd out of 82 guards with a -11.7 grade. Not sure where you're getting he graded out positive in two years.

2013: +3.4

2014: +11.-2

2015: -5.7

1 minute ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Positions please. Also, Jensen's RFA tender isn't 0.5 stars

2013: +3.4

2014: +11.-2

2015: -5.7

"Coming into the draft, Warmack garnered much of the Top-10 praise before getting surpassed by Cooper, and we were impressed in our limited look during the 2013 BCS National Championship Game. As with most guards, it was an up and down rookie season as Warmack’s -5.6 overall grade ranked 49th among the top 81 guards while grading positively in only six of his 16 games."

From PFF. 

Also, in 2015, with two games to go, his grade was a -11.7, so if he really got a +5.0 in the final two weeks, great, but there was nothing to play for and he was pretty bad before that.

10 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Kory Lichtensteiger was bad last season outside of the ZBS. He needed a welcome return home. I feel like this board overrates certain players and Urschel is one of them. He's okay, but Kory was a better player in the ZBS, and is very versatile, being a good center and guard. 

Damontre Moore cannot defend the run, but he can go after the QB like nobody's business. Good depth in my eyes. Will be a nice rotational piece

I was really hoping you valued urschel over zuttah... Smh 

12 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I would agree that most of us overvalue ravens guys here--I think the deal works well for the both of us...Urschel fits much better than 'Steiger in Jay Grudens scheme and his age for me is a bonus...I think I have the modern Hogs line back up and running with some solid young maulers/big guys at every spot. And who knows Elam in a true SS role may be serviceable for a couple plays or more a game...wishful possibly but ill take it as my depth at S is hideous

Just now, CalvinSmoke said:

I was really hoping you valued urschel over zuttah... Smh 

Nope. I thought Jensen was the better backup between the two. Urschel struggled at center and was a decent but not great guard. Kory gives me similar kind of versatility and might actually be an upgrade at the center position in general. But the starting oline is closed for business until further notice. 

1 minute ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Nope. I thought Jensen was the better backup between the two. Urschel struggled at center and was a decent but not great guard. Kory gives me similar kind of versatility and might actually be an upgrade at the center position in general. But the starting oline is closed for business until further notice. 

Well, Jensen is a RFA, right? He won't go unnoticed.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

Can we change it once a tender has been placed?

You can removed a tender, just like the franchise tag if I am correct. Meaning we could change the tender by applying a second round tender on him. 

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

You can removed a tender, just like the franchise tag if I am correct. Meaning we could change the tender by applying a second round tender on him. 

I'd check, but I don't have an issue with it since I have no sixth anyway.

10 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Can we change it once a tender has been placed?

Yeah. Doesn't become official for RFAs until the tendering deadline passes (date TBD)

Edited by Mt. Crushmore

3 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Addressed it in the thread.  I just updated it before it was confirmed @T3hRaven

6 minutes ago, ludy51 said:

That can't be right. I only got that 6th aftr trading with buffalo and http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/2016.htm says Chicago had the 10th pick in the 6th.

We're good, I must've misread the Big Board.

Just now, T3hRaven said:

We're good, I must've misread the Big Board.

Cool. Glad we got that settled

Well, he's no KO. But that oline is now rock solid. Might have a blockbuster coming, stay tuned boys and girls(and rmw10. I'm not sure what he/she constitutes as)

3 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Well, he's no KO. But that oline is now rock solid. Might have a blockbuster coming, stay tuned boys and girls(and rmw10. I'm not sure what he/she constitutes as)

I'm a meerkat.

5 hours ago, Archeearl92 said:
4 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Butler has a base salary of 4.5 stars, not 9. 

Special Cut/Trade Rule

Each team is allowed to make ONE CUT or TRADE in which the base salary only is factored and you can ignore the dead money. For example, cutting Jimmy Smith would ADD cap due to dead money. Using this, his 7 star Base Salary is the cap savings instead of negative 7.5 stars in savings. Using this rule you can ignore the Dead Money and trade/cut him for the 7 stars. This can be applied retroactively to a move, but be smart about it.

High lock + Enter does the trick

got it.  Thanks for the update.  I'll see if I still use him as the special cut or someone else.  

Updated guys I have on the block

Kelvin Beachum(leaning towards keeping him at this point so I need a good offer)
Cortez Allen(not asking for much)
Lawrence Timmons(not asking for much)
Shaun Suisham(don't become like the real Steelers last year, get your kicker now)
Heath Miller(4 mil base salary great security blanket for younger QB)

Everyone else is available except

Antonio Brown
Maurkice Pouncey
Ryan Shazier
Senquez Golson
Bud Dupree
Big Ben
Stephon Tuitt
Cameron Heyward
Marcus Gilbert

Looking to dump salary

In case anybody missed it, Martellius Bennett was added to the trading block