Mt. Crushmore

2016 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

4,740 posts in this topic

The spacing drove me nuts as well with the SOF and Depth Chart, I ended up copying parts of Crush's posts just to get that spacing
And that trick is a life saver lol

Taking a risk on the injury history but Ryan Clady is the first step to hopefully protecting Cam.

Couple of big names gone already. Would have liked a go at greg Robinson or jimmy graham but just haven't got into it yet

There's a "manage your roster" function on spotrac which show you the implications of trades/cuts etc.

Quite a useful tool if You don't fully understand the procees, especially around dead cap.

53 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

San Diego Chargers Cut List (22 Stars saved)

• LB   Donald Butler (+9.0) Special Post June Cut

Butler has a base salary of 4.5 stars, not 9. 

Special Cut/Trade Rule

Each team is allowed to make ONE CUT or TRADE in which the base salary only is factored and you can ignore the dead money. For example, cutting Jimmy Smith would ADD cap due to dead money. Using this, his 7 star Base Salary is the cap savings instead of negative 7.5 stars in savings. Using this rule you can ignore the Dead Money and trade/cut him for the 7 stars. This can be applied retroactively to a move, but be smart about it.

3 hours ago, Archeearl92 said:

Rams give:

Round 6, Pick 15 (+0.5 stars for Rams, -0.5 stars for Patriots)

Patriots Give:

Jerod Mayo, LB (+7 stars for Patriots, -0.5 stars for Rams)

Total:Rams lose 3 stars, Patriots gain 6.5 stars

I think it is a typo as you account for it later in the post but just to be clear, it is 3.5 stars

1 minute ago, 52520Andrew said:

I think it is a typo as you account for it later in the post but just to be clear, it is 3.5 stars

thanks for the headsup, want me to edit it?

49 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Butler has a base salary of 4.5 stars, not 9. 

Special Cut/Trade Rule

Each team is allowed to make ONE CUT or TRADE in which the base salary only is factored and you can ignore the dead money. For example, cutting Jimmy Smith would ADD cap due to dead money. Using this, his 7 star Base Salary is the cap savings instead of negative 7.5 stars in savings. Using this rule you can ignore the Dead Money and trade/cut him for the 7 stars. This can be applied retroactively to a move, but be smart about it.

I get a good laugh every time #22 is used as a cut example.

Please post the position of a player when you cut them. Most of you have been fine, but there are a few people that didn't. It really isn't that hard to do.

3 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

The Denver Broncos Cut:

Peyton Manning, Quarterback, Post June 1st

Total Savings: 21.5 stars

You save 19 stars(Peyton's base salary), not 21.5 by using the post June 1st cut. You actually save the same amount regardless of which cut you use so maybe use the Post June 1st on another player?

Special Cut/Trade Rule

Happy to get Dashon Goldson as he had a renaissance year after being traded and was instrumental to washingtons success 

still need help at safety so if anyone else is available PM me

10 hours ago, -Truth- said:

Denver trades [Mario Williams (DE)] to Los Angeles for [3rd (13) round selection

How does this work?

33 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

You save 19 stars(Peyton's base salary), not 21.5 by using the post June 1st cut. You actually save the same amount regardless of which cut you use so maybe use the Post June 1st on another player?

Special Cut/Trade Rule

Thank you for the catch. I was thinking it was the entire cap hit for some reason.

Quick review of my additions so far:

Zachary Orr: solid LB depth and good ST player. 
Paul Kruger: Happy to get at a 5th rd pick. Limited sacks in 2015, but lots of other pressure. Still has it
Chance Warmack: Huge add. Young G with upside still and lots of experience. Really needed help at G
DaQuan Jones: Potential starter at DT
Henry Anderson: Great rookie year, but set back by torn ACL. Big expectations for him. PFF loves me now. Him and Kruger should be a nice rotation when healthy
Jonathan Newsome: Solid edge depth. Hope for return to rookie year form
Phillip Dorsett: SPEED. Great value imo in the trade and Landry, Parker, Stills and Dorsett will be very tough for a secondary to defend. Best part is they are all still getting better
Sio Moore: Buying low on the LB after a poor season, but flashed well in Oakland. Current starter at SLB
Nickell Robey: Makes it so all my top CBs are best in the slot probably. Big fan of his and gives e helpful depth. SCB starter
Andre Hal: Really liked what he did late in season in Houston and will be my starting FS. Him and Reshad Jones will be a formidable due at S

16 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Too bad Chance Warmack is teetering severely on bust status. He's pretty well past the point of "potential" being in play.

Obviously not worth a top 10 pick, but to say he is near bust status is incorrect. He has been a solid guard for his 3 years in the league. He's been positive in PFF for 2 of his 3 years. Remember, he is still only 24 years old and yes, potential is still in play when you are 24.

Also, almost any guard would be an upgrade for me from last year's awful unit.

Edited by Mt. Crushmore