• Announcements

    • Admin 3

      UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

      After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Mt. Crushmore

2016 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

4,740 posts in this topic

Trying to get my friend to join.  He's a giants fan with a wife who is a Ravens fan.  He likes them a lot.  He does need to sign up on br.com first though.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RavensFanMania said:

My friend, giants56ravens52 is a brand new member on br.com and will be participating in the forum draft

Tell him please to start posting in various threads - that way his posts in the Forum Mock will show up instantly (first 15 I think must go through mod approval process).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allblackraven said:

Tell him please to start posting in various threads - that way his posts in the Forum Mock will show up instantly (first 15 I think must go through mod approval process).

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, allblackraven said:

As a side note, I had my son in NBA draft a franchise game couple years ago - also Giants fan.

You mean Nephews of Peyton? Yeah.... ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about this for a few days and I'll play. I may not be the heavy trader I used to be but I do enjoy this game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArsenalRaven666 said:

If there was space and someone could explain the basics i would like to have a go.  Not sure who is running it though

 

We'll have a rule thread up tomorrow most likely. If you have any questions though, feel free to PM me. More than happy to explain. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

We'll have a rule thread up tomorrow most likely. If you have any questions though, feel free to PM me. More than happy to explain. 

Thankyou

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debating whether or not to play this year. Will not do the DaF, but this one is usually easier to play. Hmmm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Debating whether or not to play this year. Will not do the DaF, but this one is usually easier to play. Hmmm

That sounds like a yes to me. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2017 at 4:05 PM, RavensFanMania said:

Trying to get my friend to join.  He's a giants fan with a wife who is a Ravens fan.  He likes them a lot.  He does need to sign up on br.com first though.  

Don't forget OUR rules, 

Please note that all regular forum rules apply. That means no profanity (or crudeness, etc.). Post politely and treat everyone with respect, no matter how angry you are. Limit posting of video and large pictures so that everyone has a quick page load. Keep discussions on-topic and within the designated thread(s) for the game. Do not let game-related communications "spill over" into other threads.

In addition to any rules established for the specific game or contest, the following are also in effect:

Participation is limited to forum members in good standing. Members must have completed their initial “probationary” period and be entitled to post without moderator review.  No active recruiting people before or during the game.

Any player suspended during the course of the game/contest will forfeit participation during that period. If game/contest rules allow, “picks” may be caught up when the suspension ends. No one else may post the suspended player’s “pick” during the suspension period.

Any player who resigns from or is banned from the forums will forfeit participation for the entire game as if he/she never participated from the beginning. His/her “team” may not be taken over by another poster. 

The forums may call a halt to any game if there are repeated forum rule violations. This is supposed to be fun for everyone. Please make sure it stays that way.

Thank you for reading and following these rules.

Edited  by Moderator 3
 
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moderator 2 said:

Don't forget OUR rules, 

Please note that all regular forum rules apply. That means no profanity (or crudeness, etc.). Post politely and treat everyone with respect, no matter how angry you are. Limit posting of video and large pictures so that everyone has a quick page load. Keep discussions on-topic and within the designated thread(s) for the game. Do not let game-related communications "spill over" into other threads.

In addition to any rules established for the specific game or contest, the following are also in effect:

Participation is limited to forum members in good standing. Members must have completed their initial “probationary” period and be entitled to post without moderator review.  No active recruiting people before or during the game.

Any player suspended during the course of the game/contest will forfeit participation during that period. If game/contest rules allow, “picks” may be caught up when the suspension ends. No one else may post the suspended player’s “pick” during the suspension period.

Any player who resigns from or is banned from the forums will forfeit participation for the entire game as if he/she never participated from the beginning. His/her “team” may not be taken over by another poster. 

The forums may call a halt to any game if there are repeated forum rule violations. This is supposed to be fun for everyone. Please make sure it stays that way.

Thank you for reading and following these rules.

 

The word I was posting wasn't a curse word at all.  It was an adjective to how good of an athlete he was.  

Edited by RavensFanMania
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moderator 2 said:

Don't forget OUR rules, 

Please note that all regular forum rules apply. That means no profanity (or crudeness, etc.). Post politely and treat everyone with respect, no matter how angry you are. Limit posting of video and large pictures so that everyone has a quick page load. Keep discussions on-topic and within the designated thread(s) for the game. Do not let game-related communications "spill over" into other threads.

In addition to any rules established for the specific game or contest, the following are also in effect:

Participation is limited to forum members in good standing. Members must have completed their initial “probationary” period and be entitled to post without moderator review.  No active recruiting people before or during the game.

Any player suspended during the course of the game/contest will forfeit participation during that period. If game/contest rules allow, “picks” may be caught up when the suspension ends. No one else may post the suspended player’s “pick” during the suspension period.

Any player who resigns from or is banned from the forums will forfeit participation for the entire game as if he/she never participated from the beginning. His/her “team” may not be taken over by another poster. 

The forums may call a halt to any game if there are repeated forum rule violations. This is supposed to be fun for everyone. Please make sure it stays that way.

Thank you for reading and following these rules.

 

Don't worry about me when it comes to being respectful.

 

As far as being new to the forum and wanting members in good standing, I completely understand. I'd like to be a part of the game, but if it isn't permissible or desired at this point since I am new here I am perfectly fine with it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Don't worry about me when it comes to being respectful.

 

As far as being new to the forum and wanting members in good standing, I completely understand. I'd like to be a part of the game, but if it isn't permissible or desired at this point since I am new here I am perfectly fine with it.

You are fine, somethings should be kept in PMs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we will be a go at 7pm EST tonight for official sign-ups.  We're changing the process a bit this year, just to add a little something to it.  When you sign up, pick one of the blank numbers.

Example:
1. rmw10
2. 
3. 
4. -Truth-
5. 

When you sign-up, say something like "I'll take slot 3" or something to that affect.  It gives you a pick your own fate type of feel for the random.  Of course, there will be 32 numbers on the list, but the sooner you sign up, the sooner you get to pick your own slot for the random.  We elected to do this because the CoCo always occupies the first 8 spots on the list, and we thought it might behoove us to change that up.  The list will still be randomized the same as it has for the past few years.

The rules thread and the discussion thread will be up just a little bit later this afternoon.

We're looking forward to another good year!

Edited by rmw10
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Don't worry about me when it comes to being respectful.

 

As far as being new to the forum and wanting members in good standing, I completely understand. I'd like to be a part of the game, but if it isn't permissible or desired at this point since I am new here I am perfectly fine with it.

Since others have vouched for you, you should be okay BUT you need to complete your "probation" to actually participate.  Otherwise your posts might sit awaiting review for too long to keep the game moving.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

Don't worry about me when it comes to being respectful.

 

As far as being new to the forum and wanting members in good standing, I completely understand. I'd like to be a part of the game, but if it isn't permissible or desired at this point since I am new here I am perfectly fine with it.

Welcome aboard.  We'd be more than happy to have you.  In the past, we've been a bit wary of new members because so many disappear shortly after joining.  However, We've had a few that have come at the recommendation of other members who have played the game in the past and we've never had a problem with them.  We'll have a thread up later with all of the rules and the "CoCo" (Council of Commissioners) who run the game should you have any questions.

And as Mod 3 just said, please post as much as possible today to get your post count up.  I recommend the dump thread where you can post useless nonsense (and join us in those discussions).

 

Edited by rmw10
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Since others have vouched for you, you should be okay BUT you need to complete your "probation" to actually participate.  Otherwise your posts might sit awaiting review for too long to keep the game moving.

Thanks for the clarification.

22 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Welcome aboard.  We'd be more than happy to have you.  In the past, we've been a bit wary of new members because so many disappear shortly after joining.  However, We've had a few that have come at the recommendation of other members who have played the game in the past and we've never had a problem with them.  We'll have a thread up later with all of the rules and the "CoCo" (Council of Commissioners) who run the game should you have any questions.

And as Mod 3 just said, please post as much as possible today to get your post count up.  I recommend the dump thread where you can post useless nonsense (and join us in those discussions).

 

Thanks! I'm looking forward to being a part of the board. I'll keep an eye out for the rules thread.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Looks like we will be a go at 7pm EST tonight for official sign-ups.  We're changing the process a bit this year, just to add a little something to it.  When you sign up, pick one of the blank numbers.

Example:
1. rmw10
2. 
3. 
4. -Truth-
5. 

When you sign-up, say something like "I'll take slot 3" or something to that affect.  It gives you a pick your own fate type of feel for the random.  Of course, there will be 32 numbers on the list, but the sooner you sign up, the sooner you get to pick your own slot for the random.  We elected to do this because the CoCo always occupies the first 8 spots on the list, and we thought it might behoove us to change that up.  The list will still be randomized the same as it has for the past few years.

The rules thread and the discussion thread will be up just a little bit later this afternoon.

We're looking forward to another good year!

That's an interesting way to do sign ups. Also could just have it be the way we've always done it followed by using Random.Org to randomize everyone and assign them new numbers that way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

That's an interesting way to do sign ups. Also could just have it be the way we've always done it followed by using Random.Org to randomize everyone and assign them new numbers that way.

We're going with the pick your own fate strategy.  Just to add a little something to it.  That way we don't get any flack when someone picks a crappy number lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

We're going with the pick your own fate strategy.  Just to add a little something to it.  That way we don't get any flack when someone picks a crappy number lol

Sounds like a plan.  I like it!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

We're going with the pick your own fate strategy.  Just to add a little something to it.  That way we don't get any flack when someone picks a crappy number lol

Good point. How soon after signups are complete will we pick teams? Or are we waiting a bit on Spotrac to update the cap numbers before we pick teams?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

Good point. How soon after signups are complete will we pick teams? Or are we waiting a bit on Spotrac to update the cap numbers before we pick teams?

We'll probably get rolling shortly after we fill up.  It depends how long, but we always have a few days after we picks teams for people to get acquainted to their team before we lock the cap.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Giants56Ravens52 said:

I see the rules thread is up, and I'm working on my post count. Is there anything else I should look into to prepare for this?

You can look at the old 2016 threads from this game if you're curious. See how the bidding works, what we discuss, and stuff. The guys are comprehensive, though, if you ask questions, they'll answer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now