• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Mt. Crushmore

2016 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

4,740 posts in this topic

As a reminder, each team must have their updated SoF and roster entries posted before they're allowed to make trades.

13 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Colts Give:

DE Henry Anderson (-0 stars for Colts, +0.5 stars for Dolphins)

LB Jonathan Newsome (-0.5 stars for Colts, +0.5 for Dolphins)

Dolphins Give:

CB Brent Grimes (-6.5 stars for Dolphins, +8 stars for Colts)

Totals:

Colts: +7 stars

Dolphins: -5.5 stars

If no Suh trade (imposing a deadline of Tuesday night), my special cap move goes to Grimes in this trade, saving another 1.5 stars

5 minutes ago, BALTIMOREFLACCO said:

How do I calculate rollover again?

The amount of cap space left from last year, should be listed on spotrac in the calculations at the bottom of the page

3 minutes ago, BALTIMOREFLACCO said:

Also is there a good place to check draft pick rights for this upcoming draft? 

rmw has the big board posted although it would be nice if @rmw10 could add it in post version to make access easier. Also wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_draft) is pretty good with that stuff

1 minute ago, 52520Andrew said:

The amount of cap space left from last year, should be listed on spotrac in the calculations at the bottom of the page

rmw has the big board posted although it would be nice if @rmw10 could add it in post version to make access easier. Also wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_draft) is pretty good with that stuff

Appreciate it. So that's subtracted from the dead money + cap hit right?

And apologies to those waiting to hear back from me on trades. Have some catching up to do

3 minutes ago, BALTIMOREFLACCO said:

Appreciate it. So that's subtracted from the dead money + cap hit right?

I always like to add it to the base 154 mil but you end up in the same place doing it either way.

2 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

I always like to add it to the base 154 mil but you end up in the same place doing it either way.

Upvote for you, good sir

28 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Probably going to wait on the actual posting this year.  So many moves are made.  It's easier to just change it in one place until we get closer to the draft.

12 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Probably going to wait on the actual posting this year.  So many moves are made.  It's easier to just change it in one place until we get closer to the draft.

Sounds good

3 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Sounds good

And maybe sooner.  I know definitely not know since there are going to be 8458 trades.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

And maybe sooner.  I know definitely not know since there are going to be 8458 trades.

Yeah can't blame you on that one

For total starting cap, am I looking at Total(All) or Total(With Top 51)? Also how does rollover money work again, the Browns have $20M in rollover money so does that mean my cap number is 174 instead of 154?

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

For total starting cap, am I looking at Total(All) or Total(With Top 51)? Also how does rollover money work again, the Browns have $20M in rollover money so does that mean my cap number is 174 instead of 154?

Top 51 and yes. If I am right

Damn this rookie wage scale. If I cut Manziel, his total cap is 2 stars and dead money is 4 stars. I would lose 2 stars for cutting him, that's crazy.

2 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Damn this rookie wage scale. If I cut Manziel, his total cap is 2 stars and dead money is 4 stars. I would lose 2 stars for cutting him, that's crazy.

you could take a special june 1 cut on him and save 4 stars, but you may want to use that june 1 cut on another player.  You can only use that special cut on one player. 

32 minutes ago, gabefergy said:

making edits requires a reason now? That's a giant pain. Also not working

Gives you the option, but you don't have to

Just now, Mt. Crushmore said:

Gives you the option, but you don't have to

Hmm, I was trying to edit my SoF and it came up as a requirement to save the changes.

2 minutes ago, CalvinSmoke said:

I franchised Jerrell Freeman, idk if there is a spot to put that right now. But it's happened.

Cut thread to make it official 

47 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

Chargers Give:

WR, Stevie Johnson (+2.0 stars for Chargers, - 3.0 stars for Broncos)

Broncos Give

5th Round, Pick 6 (-0.5 stars for Broncos, +0.5 stars for Chargers)

Chargers gain 2.5 stars, Broncos lose 3.5 stars

And @BmoreBird22 Should be Round 5, Pick 5.  Please amend.

Edited by rmw10

1 hour ago, gabefergy said:

Hmm, I was trying to edit my SoF and it came up as a requirement to save the changes.

It's enough to just put a single character in the 'reason' box and you have to do it only on your first edit. It remains there after that.