Moderator 2

Bug list

243 posts in this topic

Ok people if you come across something not working for you please put it in this thread and I will pass it on.  No banter please so we don't have to wade through it.  Thanks

On mobile, clicking on the thread no longer takes you to the last read post. That's huge for me on mobile instead of having to scroll all the way down each time. 

1 hour ago, 757RavensFan said:

You can't tell an original comment from a quoted comment. 

It looks like quotes from prior to the upgrade are not properly formatted, but new ones are.

1 hour ago, Moderator 3 said:

It looks like quotes from prior to the upgrade are not properly formatted, but new ones are.

Correct.

2 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

You can't tell an original comment from a quoted comment. 

Looks like this may have been fixed?

2 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

Mobile and desktop browser, you can't comment on any of the posts in the News forum. 

I love, love, love this new multi quote!  From what I understand quoting on stuff in the news forum will be back up tomorrow.

2 hours ago, rmw10 said:

On mobile, clicking on the thread no longer takes you to the last read post. That's huge for me on mobile instead of having to scroll all the way down each time. 

I shall pass this on.  

No longer a button from inside one if the sub-sections that takes you back directly to the main forum page.

You now have to click back 1 by one

7 minutes ago, 1/28/01 said:

Yikes.  No real mobile or IP skin!

The site was designed to work without a separate skin...  It will run much better on mobile.

5 hours ago, rmw10 said:

2 hours ago, ludy51 said:

No longer a button from inside one if the sub-sections that takes you back directly to the main forum page.

I'll co-sign both of these. Having the option to get to the first unread post by simply clicking the thread's title is a pretty standard feature on a lot of other forums, so I'd imagine the fix is pretty easy there. And as someone else said, making the Ravens logo at the top of the page a hyperlink to the forum home should also be fairly easy but would make navigation 100 times easier. As it is, it's kind of a pain to require at least three clicks (especially with the pages loading slower now) to get to the home page.

The other thing is that on mobile, I can't make any posts because my keyboard keeps disappearing.

2 hours ago, ludy51 said:

Click on Forums or Home at the top of the page, right underneath the banners.

2 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

I think it's more of a problem on the mobile site.  Nothing but back arrows that I've found.

7 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

It doesn't work on mobile. You have to bring up the drop-down menu, hit browse and then click forums.

Guys, remember...  there are some bugs they are working on...  let us know of the problems, but, please be patient with it.  Time will heal some of our issues. 

6 hours ago, rmw10 said:

You have to click on the time since last post. It's a link that takes you to the latest entry.

16 minutes ago, darklight1216 said:

You have to click on the time since last post. It's a link that takes you to the latest entry.

Nice trick, but still not exactly what I think many of us are looking for.  I think it's more that if you go to sleep after reading to page 5, wake up and the thread is at page 8, you'd like to go back to where you left off reading, not the last post.

1 hour ago, Moderator 3 said:

Not on mobile as far as I can see

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

Nice trick, but still not exactly what I think many of us are looking for.  I think it's more that if you go to sleep after reading to page 5, wake up and the thread is at page 8, you'd like to go back to where you left off reading, not the last post.

We mods lived by that (now missing) feature.  Now we have to go to the last post and work backwards.  At least I see a line across the screen when I get to where I left off before.

2 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

We mods lived by that (now missing) feature.  Now we have to go to the last post and work backwards.  At least I see a line across the screen when I get to where I left off before.

But that should be a very easy fix and one that's absolutely needed

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

The circle/star next to a topic title takes you to the first unread post in a topic

The circle/star isn't bad, but personally I find it a bit fiddly on mobile. That's why I miss that being the default setting for the mobile skin.

7 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

The circle/star next to a topic title takes you to the first unread post in a topic

Thank you!  You just significantly improved my "experience".  

Sooooooo much slower than when on the old IP Board Mobile.  This sucks!  I may be doneski here after 8 years... 

Once you click the citle/star, its then greyed out for future unless a new post is made.  So, after clicking the first time and you want to go to the last post, you can't unless you manually go to the last page.  Pretty stupid! 

17 hours ago, The Mom Gene said:

The site was designed to work without a separate skin...  It will run much better on mobile.

Running slower, actually.  We'll see how it performs after a week or two when they make further improvements, but as of now, right out the gate, its slower.  That's the beauty of an IP Board.  Removes unnecessary bells and whistles and it was a great option to have. 

Had several issues but just to name a few - on mobile when I am typing some times it will just randomly stop letting me backspace..and the cursor will automatically jump to either the search bar or into the quoted post and before I even notice half my post is not where it's supposed to be..extremely frustrating.  Like I said it doesn't happen all the time, just randomly..which is strange. A few of the other small problems seem to have been fixed.