ALSKAN RAVEN FAN

Realisticly What do you think happens to Tucker, K.O. and Upshaw this off season?

Realisticly What do you think happens to Tucker, K.O. and Upshaw this off season?   143 members have voted

  1. 1. What do the Ravens do with Tucker?

    • Resign him to a contract extension
      67
    • Franchise tag him and are content with that for next season
      20
    • Franchise tag him and extend his contract in the future
      53
    • Let him test free agency
      3
    • Other
      0
  2. 2. What do Ravens do with K.O. ?

    • Resign him to a contract extension
      62
    • Let him test free agency
      77
    • Other
      4
  3. 3. What do the Ravens do with Upshaw?

    • Resign him to a contract extension
      22
    • Let him test free agency
      117
    • Other
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

636 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

By extending Joe Flacco, which should free up up to $9M. Harbaugh said he'd be shocked and very disappointed if a deal isn't reached with Joe.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ravens could hold onto either and cut them after June 1st and it counts the same, correct?

Sure, but that implies that the Ravens are pretty much certain they can extend Joe, and I don't think it will free up more than $6-8M. If that deal doesn't get done, what then? That's why I think they cut Monroe now regardless...almost too risky not to, and there's not much you're going to do with the money in June anyway (will have already probably signed all draft picks by then). I'd agree with you if they already had an agreement in place with Joe, but that's not the case so far.

And remember... much in the same way as Pitta, you take a pretty sizable salary cap hit in 2017 with a Post June-1 cut. Monroe would cost about $4.5M against the 2017 salary cap if we cut him post-June 1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Right, but I'm saying most people don't think that's his best position.

Damn really? I've heard nothing but praise about him at CB

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Sure, but that implies that the Ravens are pretty much certain they can extend Joe, and I don't think it will free up more than $6-8M. If that deal doesn't get done, what then? That's why I think they cut Monroe now regardless...almost too risky not to, and there's not much you're going to do with the money in June anyway (will have already probably signed all draft picks by then). I'd agree with you if they already had an agreement in place with Joe, but that's not the case so far.

And remember... much in the same way as Pitta, you take a pretty sizable salary cap hit in 2017 with a Post June-1 cut. Monroe would cost about $4.5M against the 2017 salary cap if we cut him post-June 1.

Joe has pretty much all but guaranteed something gets worked out on his end and Harbaugh seems fairly confident. Both sides seem confident. Can't imagine what that might mean for negotiations. And as far as any cap savings are concerned, I'll defer to the actual resident expert on the boards because I saw somewhere that expected possibly up to $9M. Flacco has already gotten paid out all of his guaranteed money, correct? It might be in his best interest to negotiate for more guaranteed money to lower the cap hit by a larger amount. 

They could carry over any of that $6.5M that they don't end up using and help it offset the dead cap. However, would they really want to cut a LT, even if he's just a depth player for LT or RT, just to save about $2M? James Hurst has proven he's not a reliable option, whatsoever, and if Wagner again struggles to regain form, they'd at least have some options. 

Besides, Monroe has played really well when he's actually healthy. He just can't stay healthy recently, for some reason.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Purple_Polo89 said:

Damn really? I've heard nothing but praise about him at CB

I was curious as to who "most people" are

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

So, reading the tea leaves from Ozzie/John in the last 24 hours or so, lets play this out...

1. Ozzie said Webb is a starting safety. Fine, that's been assumed. Lets presume that he's the starting FS, and Lewis is either benched or cut (likely the latter), and Webb starts next to Hill.

Draft spin: Does this take us out of the equation for Ramsey if hes available (though likely won't be)? What position would he play if we drafted him? Start as a corner, maybe switch to safety after a few years? Does it make Hargreaves or another corner as the more likely person to be drafted?

2. Aggressive offer to KO to be our future LT. Lets assume a deal gets done, and we cut Monroe.

Draft spin: Pretty much takes us out of play to draft an OT in the 1st round, unless we plan on starting them at RT long term and letting Wagner walk after this season

If 1 and 2 both happen, haven't we sort of narrowed our draft window a bit? Could still take Ramsey I guess, but probably be several years before he starts at safety, and OT is largely out of the picture. Doesn't that bring us back to three positions... pass rusher, WR, or Corner?

I would say only two IF we pick at 6.  Based off a lot of things I've read the past few days, Treadwell probably won't go top 10. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in the next few weeks/months that Flacco ordered Linta to get a deal done by FA in order to keep KO. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Joe has pretty much all but guaranteed something gets worked out on his end and Harbaugh seems fairly confident. Both sides seem confident. Can't imagine what that might mean for negotiations. And as far as any cap savings are concerned, I'll defer to the actual resident expert on the boards because I saw somewhere that expected possibly up to $9M. Flacco has already gotten paid out all of his guaranteed money, correct? It might be in his best interest to negotiate for more guaranteed money to lower the cap hit by a larger amount. 

They could carry over any of that $6.5M that they don't end up using and help it offset the dead cap. However, would they really want to cut a LT, even if he's just a depth player for LT or RT, just to save about $2M? James Hurst has proven he's not a reliable option, whatsoever, and if Wagner again struggles to regain form, they'd at least have some options. 

Besides, Monroe has played really well when he's actually healthy. He just can't stay healthy recently, for some reason.

Who knows what's possible with Linta in the picture but Steve Bisciotti said $19 mil cap number would be ideal in 2016 and mentioned low $20 mils as realistic figure.

There is no reason to think Wagner will struggle again - clearly was the consequence of his injury. He got better as foot healed, same as Jimmy. However, he is FA after this season and if he plays again to his potential, I see teams making a go at him.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Who knows what's possible with Linta in the picture but Steve Bisciotti said $19 mil cap number would be ideal in 2016 and mentioned low $20 mils as realistic figure.

There is no reason to think Wagner will struggle again - clearly was the consequence of his injury. He got better as foot healed, same as Jimmy. However, he is FA after this season and if he plays again to his potential, I see teams making a go at him.

Maybe that's where I saw those cap numbers, then. I wasn't entirely sure.

I don't think Wagner will struggle again, but in the event that he was a product of Kubiak's scheme, it might be good to have insurance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man , making KO the 2nd highest paid Offensive player besides Flacco? I don't know about that, he is a very good guard when healthy but 4 games at LT (in the nfl) doesn't make him a franchise LT.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmcjacket23 said:

So, reading the tea leaves from Ozzie/John in the last 24 hours or so, lets play this out...

1. Ozzie said Webb is a starting safety. Fine, that's been assumed. Lets presume that he's the starting FS, and Lewis is either benched or cut (likely the latter), and Webb starts next to Hill.

Draft spin: Does this take us out of the equation for Ramsey if hes available (though likely won't be)? What position would he play if we drafted him? Start as a corner, maybe switch to safety after a few years? Does it make Hargreaves or another corner as the more likely person to be drafted?

2. Aggressive offer to KO to be our future LT. Lets assume a deal gets done, and we cut Monroe.

Draft spin: Pretty much takes us out of play to draft an OT in the 1st round, unless we plan on starting them at RT long term and letting Wagner walk after this season

If 1 and 2 both happen, haven't we sort of narrowed our draft window a bit? Could still take Ramsey I guess, but probably be several years before he starts at safety, and OT is largely out of the picture. Doesn't that bring us back to three positions... pass rusher, WR, or Corner?

buckner/spence then boyd in the 2nd,, I do like eli apple but I know he will go in rd1

45 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Possibly, but I don't see how you squeeze KO and Tucker under the cap without that $2M from Monroe NOW plus other cuts.

Plus it depends on what happens with Pitta in the coming weeks/months, as I think he'd be more likely to get the Post- June 1 tag.

something is being played out behind the scene

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coach Harbs dropped some wisdom to the inbox this morning 

— Kelechi Osemele (@KOsevendeuce) February 23, 2016

Today's news on KO puts a totally different perspective on his tweet from yesterday afternoon.   

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, edthehead said:

buckner/spence then boyd in the 2nd,, I do like eli apple but I know he will go in rd1

something is being played out behind the scene

I would do flips for that 1st & 2nd round combo. Hope KO signs so we don't draft Stanley and Boyd is my 2nd round crush

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 9, 2016 at 4:10 PM, beanfigger said:

Marry, kill, and...oh, wait...

Tag Tucker, sign KO, thank Upshaw for his services.

 

Still believe this plays out as stated above. Beginning to feel everything working in that direction.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redlobster said:

Man , making KO the 2nd highest paid Offensive player besides Flacco? I don't know about that, he is a very good guard when healthy but 4 games at LT (in the nfl) doesn't make him a franchise LT.

I'm fine with it. I rather have him there than Monroe. I also believe he's a better option than any free agent LT out there. I also like spending our 6th on a OLB or CB. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the Monroe and Pitta cap hits, if we sign KO then I believe they take both cap hits this season and carry nothing over (so no June 1st cuts). Baltimore has a chance to build a good foundation and walk into next season with minimal dead cap space.  A good draft on the defensive side (mainly pass rusher and CB) while getting offensive players back and healthy (Wagner, Forset if he stays, Joe, SSS) and this team improves it's win total by at least 4-5 games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of us using the tag on Tucker. I love Tucker but I hope we let him play out the year on the tag but I'll also understand if we don't. I just think it would be better because it would help determine his value better after this "bad" year. Either way I'm very pleased. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter is acting as if the Ravens made no offer to KO and acting as if it's a foregone conclusion that he reaches FA because of the tag on Tucker

Edited by BmoreBird22
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

Adam Schefter is acting as if the Ravens made no offer to KO and acting as if it's a foregone conclusion that he reaches FA because of the tag on Tucker

So confusing. Lol one minute we made an aggressive offer per Harbaugh and the next we didn't. I'm going with the former since Harbaugh said it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the "buzz" at the Combine is free agent G/T Kelechi Osemele is "looking at" $10 million-plus per year.

Osemele has everything going for him; he's only 26, can play four positions along the offensive line aside from center, and will easily be a top-five free agent once others get franchise tags. The Ravens have reportedly been "aggressive" in trying to retain Osemele, who they view as their long-term left tackle, but it's probably going to take a big offer to keep him off the open market. The Ravens have already used their franchise tag on K Justin Tucker.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Feb 26 - 9:57 AM

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, redlobster said:

Man , making KO the 2nd highest paid Offensive player besides Flacco? I don't know about that, he is a very good guard when healthy but 4 games at LT (in the nfl) doesn't make him a franchise LT.

I read that we offered him an aggressive offer and that we see him as a LT. So most likely we offered him Left Tackle money. 

Also I expect Monroe to be cut as soon as the deal with KO is announced. If KO doesn't take this offer, we'll mostly keep Monroe at least until after the draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Adam Schefter is acting as if the Ravens made no offer to KO and acting as if it's a foregone conclusion that he reaches FA because of the tag on Tucker

Yeah Schefter should be more worried about the lawsuit from JPP than this. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is an aggressive offer,,

everybody keep saying; 

"we made an aggressive offer"  ,  Harb states "there is an aggressive offer on the table"

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrimCoconut said:

So confusing. Lol one minute we made an aggressive offer per Harbaugh and the next we didn't. I'm going with the former since Harbaugh said it. 

Unless Schefler knew the offer was laughable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now