nishadrahman13

Nishadrahman13's Three Round Mock Draft

45 posts in this topic

Round 1: Laquan Treadwell, WR

He could be the player we've been waiting for since the Cowboys snatched away Dez Bryant. If we can trade down and still get him, especially for a 2017 1st rounder, we take that deal all the way to the bank. If not, we take him and give Joe Flacco potentially his best set of receivers ever.

Round 2: Desmond King, CB

If he is here, he is a steal. We should trade up into the 20s if we need to for this guy. He fixes our interception problem in his rookie year, and is good for a couple wins on that strength alone. I love his play against the run, I love his zone and man coverage, I love his ball skills. I don't love his long speed. He is my favorite DB in the draft. Yes, over VH3, Ramsey, and Alexander.

Round 3: Carl Lawson, OLB

He is my favorite pure pass rushing 3-4 OLB by leaps and bounds. He immediately becomes a situational pass rusher and is a big improvement on Courtney Upshaw in that department. Health is a concern, but he has shown he has recovered and the rewards at a 3rd round price tags are simply obscene.

Adjusted by Desmond King staying in school:

Round 1: Ronnie Staley, OT

Brings stability to our offensive line. A huge reason for our failures this season, even prior to injury, was that Joe Flacco was throwing ducks off his back foot. He clearly did not have enough faith in his O-line to drive the ball where it needed to be. This happened on nearly every game ending pick (Denver, Arizona, need I go on?) Staley is a better pass protector than even Laremy Tunsil.

Round 2: Tyler Boyd, WR

This kid has broken most of the records of some guy named Larry Fitzgerald, and has a close personal relationship with our wide receiver coach Bobby Engram. Seems like a match made in heaven to me.

He is my favorite pure pass rushing 3-4 OLB by leaps and bounds. He immediately becomes a situational pass rusher and is a big improvement on Courtney Upshaw in that department. Health is a concern, but he has shown he has recovered and the rewards at a 3rd round price tags are simply obscene.

Sorry to break the news to you.....Desmond King just announced he's returning to Iowa next season.

NOOOOOO! This is actually a bug let down.

I cant see them parting ways with Monroe. Boyd is probably the #1 WR in many camps draft board.

The DUI is a big stain on his record.

Adjusted by Desmond King staying in school:

Round 1: Ronnie Staley, OT

Brings stability to our offensive line. A huge reason for our failures this season, even prior to injury, was that Joe Flacco was throwing ducks off his back foot. He clearly did not have enough faith in his O-line to drive the ball where it needed to be. This happened on nearly every game ending pick (Denver, Arizona, need I go on?) Staley is a better pass protector than even Laremy Tunsil.

Round 2: Tyler Boyd, WR

This kid has broken most of the records of some guy named Larry Fitzgerald, and has a close personal relationship with our wide receiver coach Bobby Engram. Seems like a match made in heaven to me.

GREAT in game adjustment, now show that to pees,,,,

Wow. That is truly crushing.

Why would a lower ranked player not being there change you taking a higher ranked player. Wouldn't the BPA still be the same?then ignore the original position all together? Just curious on your assessment Edited by usmccharles

Why would a lower ranked player not being there change you taking a higher ranked player. Wouldn't the BPA still be the same. Just curious on your assessment

I was wondering the same thing

Why would a lower ranked player not being there change you taking a higher ranked player. Wouldn't the BPA still be the same?then ignore the original position all together? Just curious on your assessment

Great question. Stanley and Treadwell are neck and neck for me, and it seemed excessive to take Treadwell and Boyd back to back considering we have plenty of (unproven) talent at WR. Many players we want would be lost if we stack too much at WR, especially high. There isn't a tackle I love in the second, and the value for a Stanley-Boyd pairing is higher than a Treadwell-Conklin pairing, for example. I'm not entirely satisfied with this myself. Need to do more looking at top of the 2nd round guys. But I really really want to trade back now for a 2017 first rounder. A team like the Rams looking for a quarterback comes to mind. Same for the Saints and Eagles. We can still get a great player in the 10s and be set up for a stacked 2017 draft. Someone like Myles Jack or even Treadwell or Buckner will slide to us.

Edited by nishadrahman13

Great question. Stanley and Treadwell are neck and neck for me, and it seemed excessive to take Treadwell and Boyd back to back considering we have plenty of (unproven) talent at WR. Many players we want would be lost if we stack too much at WR, especially high. There isn't a tackle I love in the second, and the value for a Stanley-Boyd pairing is higher than a Treadwell-Conklin pairing, for example. I'm not entirely satisfied with this myself. Need to do more looking at top of the 2nd round guys. But I really really want to trade back now for a 2017 first rounder. A team like the Rams looking for a quarterback comes to mind. Same for the Saints and Eagles. We can still get a great player in the 10s and be set up for a stacked 2017 draft. Someone like Myles Jack or even Treadwell or Buckner will slide to us.

I see what your saying, i just think its a flawed mentality to take someone based on who might be there in a later round.  So are you basing it off of need rather than BPA? I wouldnt say go Tread and Boyd, I would still take Tread and use the same mentality when you get to the second, usually why we go BPA.  You could still pick a guy like Fuller in the second and come away ok, although honestly i dont know much about Fuller, just seen him mentioned a bit. 

Edited by usmccharles

I hate Desmond King now. What a jerk for deciding to finish his education.

Good luck to him! I can't say he is wrong for betting on himself. It sucks for us because I really thought he fit a lot of needs, but this CB class is stacked so it makes sense. 

I see what your saying, i just think its a flawed mentality to take someone based on who might be there in a later round. So are you basing it off of need rather than BPA? I wouldnt say go Tread and Boyd, I would still take Tread and use the same mentality when you get to the second, usually why we go BPA. You could still pick a guy like Fuller in the second and come away ok, although honestly i dont know much about Fuller, just seen him mentioned a bit.

I only wanted to include prospects I've actually watched tape on. If I see that is Fuller is a beast when I get around to him, I won't be opposed to a Treadwell-Fuller draft. BPA has to bow to some things, such as just numbers on the roster. If the BPA is a WR, and you've already drafter 3 with another 7 you already had, you shouldn't take that player.

Good luck to him! I can't say he is wrong for betting on himself. It sucks for us because I really thought he fit a lot of needs, but this CB class is stacked so it makes sense.

I'll admit I'm hoping we get him next year by trading down this year.

A'shawn Robinson (if he hasn't declared) is considering going back for his Master's. Athletes finishing their education earns mad respect from me.

A'shawn Robinson (if he hasn't declared) is considering going back for his Master's. Athletes finishing their education earns mad respect from me.

I hope he does because I want him to remove all temptation from Ozzie. I don't want him with our 6th overall pick

I hope he does because I want him to remove all temptation from Ozzie. I don't want him with our 6th overall pick

I don't know if Robinson would be the pick over Buckner if they wanted a defensive lineman, honestly.

Ozzie has drafted more Oklahoma players in the first, anyway, I believe.

I don't know if Robinson would be the pick over Buckner if they wanted a defensive lineman, honestly.

He's picked seven guys from Oklahoma, and only Mark Clayton was in the first. Interestingly enough, he's also drafted seven Alabama players and CJ was the first to go in the first round.

He's also drafted six guys from Miami (guess which three were in the first...).

I can't be bothered going over the rest of the schools, but here's the list in case anyone has too much time (looking at you Crush):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens_draft_history

He's picked seven guys from Oklahoma, and only Mark Clayton was in the first. Interestingly enough, he's also drafted seven Alabama players and CJ was the first to go in the first round.

He's also drafted six guys from Miami (guess which three were in the first...).

I can't be bothered going over the rest of the schools, but here's the list in case anyone has too much time (looking at you Crush):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Ravens_draft_history

I didn't know if it was in the first or just overall, but this whole Alabama love-fest is way overblown by the media.

I didn't know if it was in the first or just overall, but this whole Alabama love-fest is way overblown by the media.

That one I'll get behind. But I do think he has a penchant for national champions though - as much as he denies it.

That one I'll get behind. But I do think he has a penchant for national champions though - as much as he denies it.

Without a doubt. If a program is winning, why not take from them, though?

I like King more as a safety to be honest, I question his top end speed to keep up with the WRs of now. 

Back to the subject, I'm a big Carl Lawson fan. The injuries could drop him(I think they will) to the 2nd or 3rd round. If he's there in the 3rd round we should rush Goodell in the podium. This guy is 1st round talent. I mocked him in the 2nd round, getting him in the 3rd is even better. 

I like King more as a safety to be honest, I question his top end speed to keep up with the WRs of now.

Back to the subject, I'm a big Carl Lawson fan. The injuries could drop him(I think they will) to the 2nd or 3rd round. If he's there in the 3rd round we should rush Goodell in the podium. This guy is 1st round talent. I mocked him in the 2nd round, getting him in the 3rd is even better.

Totally agree. I like him more than Tyler Boyd, I'd be willing to switch those picks if necessary. Edited by nishadrahman13

id like buckner, i think he brings something different to the table, robinson is just adding more of what we already seem to have too much of, we get great performances out of camp bodies to step in and be a run stuffing dt, clarence brooks can eat coal and poop out a diamond as far as making due without major names and big investment. our defense is already getting abused because its stuck in the past, its big, strong, and slow, what we need is some explosiveness, some freaks of nature, some guys like buckner who can be literally unblockable but has arms long enough to swat a hail mary lol, not another guys who already plays exactly like every other linemen we already have.

Carl Lawson will not be there in round3!! In this weak draft he is going round1!! Round3 is very wishful thinking!! Injuries or not. He could go top20. On a different not it would be awesome to get Treadwell round1 then trade back into late round one for Carl Lawson if he is available and proves to be as explosive as he looks so far. That would be huge to keep KO and snag Treadwell and Lawson. Lawson could realistically be a better pure rusher than Bosa.

Carl Lawson will not be there in round3!! In this weak draft he is going round1!! Round3 is very wishful thinking!! Injuries or not. He could go top20. On a different not it would be awesome to get Treadwell round1 then trade back into late round one for Carl Lawson if he is available and proves to be as explosive as he looks so far. That would be huge to keep KO and snag Treadwell and Lawson. Lawson could realistically be a better pure rusher than Bosa.

as much as i would love to trade back into the first round, i never see that happening.  Actually, has anyone done that recently?

as much as i would love to trade back into the first round, i never see that happening.  Actually, has anyone done that recently?

the vikings traded up to seattles 32nd overall for teddy