DomMcRaven

The NBA Thread

642 posts in this topic

Yeah, three years in the lottery and Rob Hennigan's eye for talent are finally paying off.

I kinda hope you guys lose out from here tbh. Not because I hate your side (quite the opposite), but because I'd prefer to see Ben Simmons go there than a side like the Lakers. And I want as many teams as possible to finish ahead of them because the sooner they hand over their pick to Philly the sooner we get a first out of them ourselves.

Understandable and I agree. It sucks to see the Lakers having good young talent. Unfortunately, I think we still have a better record than them. 

Get out

.must... Resist... Friends with Low Places joke....

After this you need two Pina Coladas right?

I see the door...

KG getting a standing ovation btw. Classy Celtics fans are classy

.must... Resist... Friends with Low Places joke....

After this you need two Pina Coladas right?

I see the door...

KG getting a standing ovation btw. Classy Celtics fans are classy

It's all low places in Grizzlies land

And nothing classy at all about Celtics fans

I fell out of my chair when I saw the Blazers score. Up 90-57 at three-quarter time? Unbelievable.

I'm really bummed about losing to the Heat like we did though. That was such a big game for us.

I fell out of my chair when I saw the Blazers score. Up 90-57 at three-quarter time? Unbelievable.

I'm really bummed about losing to the Heat like we did though. That was such a big game for us.

You're telling me... I was beyond shocked!

Whoa, a blowout. Blazer fans, what happened there?

I didn't get to see the game, but I was watching the score. I'm sickened. I literally don't know what to say but congrats on the win. 

Stupid Grizzlies.  

You guys have been in some good form lately. I'm worried about how we're trending down earlier than expected, it looks like the last two playoff spots will come down to a fight between Detroit, NY, Washington, Boston and us (Orlando) so every game counts even now.

You guys have been in some good form lately. I'm worried about how we're trending down earlier than expected, it looks like the last two playoff spots will come down to a fight between Detroit, NY, Washington, Boston and us (Orlando) so every game counts even now.

Yea.  I appreciate that we're at least competitive, especially considering the roster and missing Melo.  If you're a fan of one of those teams fighting it's interesting.  Not so much if your team is actually good.  The bottom of the east is awful.

First conference win of the year! Sorry, Inqui.

Man, that was a tough loss to take. Offensively we were doing really well early in the season, but now we've been struggling with ball movement and scoring. Payton's a great player, but he shouldn't be the top scorer on any team. We've been in a tailspin lately and looking ahead suggests we'll finish with a flourish but things will get worse before they get better.

Man, that was a tough loss to take. Offensively we were doing really well early in the season, but now we've been struggling with ball movement and scoring. Payton's a great player, but he shouldn't be the top scorer on any team. We've been in a tailspin lately and looking ahead suggests we'll finish with a flourish but things will get worse before they get better.

At least you didn't get blown out by them unlike a certain team. 

Yea.  I appreciate that we're at least competitive, especially considering the roster and missing Melo.  If you're a fan of one of those teams fighting it's interesting.  Not so much if your team is actually good.  The bottom of the east is awful.

The last Knicks- Celtics game was like the old 80's teams.  It was great. Guys hustling, diving, sweating and no half court stupid drum beat interference. This Knicks entertainment is like a canker sore on a lip and a tooth ache at the same time.  No volume and you had NBA action like it used to be.   

The LOWEST of points this season. 

It took the Knicks 2 OTs to beat em and a clutch 3 from Melo.  We gave a up a 4th quarter lead too(Pees fault).   ;)

It took the Knicks 2 OTs to beat em and a clutch 3 from Melo.  We gave a up a 4th quarter lead too(Pees fault).   ;)

Yeah I saw that. I don't follow the Sixers at all, but ever since Ish Smith has came, they look somewhat more respectable of a professional basketball team (destroyed my Blazers. Pees fault 1000%)

Yeah I saw that. I don't follow the Sixers at all, but ever since Ish Smith has came, they look somewhat more respectable of a professional basketball team (destroyed my Blazers. Pees fault 1000%)

Yeah, I said that when it happened. Still a bad team (5-8), but MUCH better than it was (1-30).

Ugh, another loss to a team we should be beating if we want to make the play-offs.

Oladipo's performance in OT2 showed what's both great and frustrating about him. He falls to the ground and makes an assist to bring the score to within one, then makes a steal and dunk to take the lead, only to pass up two open players and take a contested shot when we're behind again with only a few seconds left. He'd make a great sidekick.

I know the fan votes for the All-Star games in any sport are bound to have multiple head–scratchers, and it shouldn't be of any surprise that at least a portion of the votes will be easy to second guess, but some of these placements on the ballot are difficult to comprehend. Zaza Pauchilia finishes 4th behind the likes of Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin, etc. You could use practically any name on that list. Damian Lillard is behind Manu Ginobili. I'd take C.J. McCollum over the later at this point. There's Joakim Noah over the likes of Paul Millsap, and Jeremy Lin finishes 8th among all Eastern guards, well ahead of Kemba Walker. It's a wonder sometimes on what the voters are thinking. I wish the ballot was more based on single season accomplishments and not a combination of career ones so you don't see scenarios like John Wall finishing with 39% of the Dwyane Wade's votes. That's just dastardly.

I know the fan votes for the All-Star games in any sport are bound to have multiple head–scratchers, and it shouldn't be of any surprise that at least a portion of the votes will be easy to second guess, but some of these placements on the ballot are difficult to comprehend. Zaza Pauchilia finishes 4th behind the likes of Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin, etc. You could use practically any name on that list. Damian Lillard is behind Manu Ginobili. I'd take C.J. McCollum over the later at this point. There's Joakim Noah over the likes of Paul Millsap, and Jeremy Lin finishes 8th among all Eastern guards, well ahead of Kemba Walker. It's a wonder sometimes on what the voters are thinking. I wish the ballot was more based on single season accomplishments and not a combination of career ones so you don't see scenarios like John Wall finishing with 39% of the Dwyane Wade's votes. That's just dastardly.

That's the thing. They're not thinking at all. They just want to see their favorite players play regardless of skill and results. It's a joke, but whatever. 

That's the thing. They're not thinking at all. They just want to see their favorite players play regardless of skill and results. It's a joke, but whatever.

Agreed there.

Once again we tried to discover our inner Pees and nearly choke away an 11-point lead with a minute left. But it always feels good to get back in the winners column. I've said Aaron Gordon's the guy I'm most excited about for the future, and he went off tonight. He's going to be something special when he earns his way into a full-time gig.

But hey, still better than the Pro Bowl.