• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
JoeyFlex5

the bright side!

44 posts in this topic

this may be the ugliest season this team has ever seen, but there are brightsides to look at... 

1. being 1-5 with all 5 of our losses coming within a few points, isnt exactly an anomaly, but it hasnt happened in decades, this shows that even though we can play bad for 3 quarters, we still have the stones to compete, even with a dismantled roster due to injury, it also says we arent far away from being a top team once again. 

2. pees has to get fired at some point if this keeps up.... right? 

3. Za'Darius Smith has racked up some numbers, his talent was always apparent he just wasnt finishing plays, all of a sudden he is finishing... if he can build on this, we will have on violent nasty edge defender who can actually get to the qb 

4. Carl Davis was such a one man wrecking crew that he stole jernigans job when he was already anointed the cornerstone for the future of our d-line, when jernigan gets his mojo back then a 3 man front with these guys playing at 100% for the next few years is gonna be fun 

5. we still have an elite rotation on the DL 

6. we have yet to see perriman, ya never know, he could be the guy we drafted him to be... 

7. crockett gillmore is doing his best gronk impression, and if the guy doesnt headram himself into a coma by seasons end, he could turn out to be a VERY special player, he is the real deal. maxx williams also seems to be getting a little more involved, that boy is gonna be a stud, and when you combine them with nick boyle, it gets interesting, we should be able to solve our redzone woes when all 3 get fully adapted to the NFL 

8. jimmy smith and wagner are both recovering from a lisfranc, the first season back from this injury is almost always a bad one, i dont care how good a player it is, they will be back. 

9. yanda is gonna retire a raven, or hell he may just manage to play another 10 years and get 2 more extensions, ya never know with that manchild. 

10. we have a future stud on the OL just sitting there staying healthy and getting brighter and stronger, urschel will one day be a huge piece of this team and im kinda wondering why harbs hasnt considered letting him fill in for a struggling zuttah 

11. when dean pees finally gets fired, it will be very nice to see what will hill can do with a DC who knows what hes doing. 

12. same with cj mosley 

13. possibly the highest draft position in franchise history is coming, the possibilities are endless 

14. maybe, just maybe, trestman finally finds his groove on 3rd downs, and with another weapon the offense begins to click next season 

all in all i think we still have a very bright future. the season is a lost cause, and theres nothing wrong with that, this is a league of parity, and we've been spoiled as fans. lets take these L's with pride and get ourselves ready for another 6-8 years of SB contention after this hiccup!

Hopefully get to see Perriman and Urban put some work on later in the season as well. I'd hope we address wr through trade or FA, pick up another CB and hopefully draft another corner or olb. Besides all the panic, I still think we have a good core group. Rice will be off the books and something is probably done to lower Flacco's cap.

hey im not exactly optimistic like some others, while some people wanna see us scrape out a 7-9 season, id rather see us have an abomination and go 1-15 and get the top pick lol, missing the playoffs to me is the same whether you got .500 or 0-16, i just know that we have a qb, a somewhat stable OL(when healthy), a good front office and owner, and really we have a very good core of players but we have just been hammered by injuries, this season sucks but this team will be back, and with a top 5 draft pick hell we will probably be back stronger than ever.

We're going to have the 4th place schedule for opponents next year so we'll be right back in it. As long as we make the right moves and fire the right coaches and draft properly next year we can be absolved. We might have a few compensatory picks from tyrod and McPhee. If a trade needs to be done by all means get it done. We have a lot of pics and a lot of cap if it raises... Ozzie and the scouting department needs to hit a home run this offseason. They have no excuses.

We're going to have the 4th place schedule for opponents next year so we'll be right back in it. As long as we make the right moves and fire the right coaches and draft properly next year we can be absolved. We might have a few compensatory picks from tyrod and McPhee. If a trade needs to be done by all means get it done. We have a lot of pics and a lot of cap if it raises... Ozzie and the scouting department needs to hit a home run this offseason. They have no excuses.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Let's retool, regroup and strike back next year.

This year I'll focus all my energy on rooting against the Pats.

That only matters for two games. But Jax and Kc are better than Indy and SD.

3. Zadarius must not be that good because he got benched in the 49er game.

I hope your wrong about him not being good. But in all honesty you and I could probably play as good as some of our guys played this year.

I've been trying to say this for awhile now. This seaso has been depressing but there are so many things to be excited about. Not to mention Suggs will be back next year, and with a draft pick in mostly likely atleast the top ten we can get another dynamic pass rusher or possibly even a safety. The possibilities are endless. And I didn't even think about having the 4th place schedule next year and being higher on the waiver wire. Everybody expected this year to be our year but in reality we probably needed a year to figure things out and to find our identity with trestman and to get some of these guys some experience since we got so much younger. It's hard to be patient, but it may pay off big time and we could be looking at a dynasty to come. Soon we are going to see the fruits of our labor.

this may be the ugliest season this team has ever seen, but there are brightsides to look at... 

1. being 1-5 with all 5 of our losses coming within a few points, isnt exactly an anomaly, but it hasnt happened in decades, this shows that even though we can play bad for 3 quarters, we still have the stones to compete, even with a dismantled roster due to injury, it also says we arent far away from being a top team once again. 

2. pees has to get fired at some point if this keeps up.... right? 

3. Za'Darius Smith has racked up some numbers, his talent was always apparent he just wasnt finishing plays, all of a sudden he is finishing... if he can build on this, we will have on violent nasty edge defender who can actually get to the qb 

4. Carl Davis was such a one man wrecking crew that he stole jernigans job when he was already anointed the cornerstone for the future of our d-line, when jernigan gets his mojo back then a 3 man front with these guys playing at 100% for the next few years is gonna be fun 

5. we still have an elite rotation on the DL 

6. we have yet to see perriman, ya never know, he could be the guy we drafted him to be... 

7. crockett gillmore is doing his best gronk impression, and if the guy doesnt headram himself into a coma by seasons end, he could turn out to be a VERY special player, he is the real deal. maxx williams also seems to be getting a little more involved, that boy is gonna be a stud, and when you combine them with nick boyle, it gets interesting, we should be able to solve our redzone woes when all 3 get fully adapted to the NFL 

8. jimmy smith and wagner are both recovering from a lisfranc, the first season back from this injury is almost always a bad one, i dont care how good a player it is, they will be back. 

9. yanda is gonna retire a raven, or hell he may just manage to play another 10 years and get 2 more extensions, ya never know with that manchild. 

10. we have a future stud on the OL just sitting there staying healthy and getting brighter and stronger, urschel will one day be a huge piece of this team and im kinda wondering why harbs hasnt considered letting him fill in for a struggling zuttah 

11. when dean pees finally gets fired, it will be very nice to see what will hill can do with a DC who knows what hes doing. 

12. same with cj mosley 

13. possibly the highest draft position in franchise history is coming, the possibilities are endless 

14. maybe, just maybe, trestman finally finds his groove on 3rd downs, and with another weapon the offense begins to click next season 

all in all i think we still have a very bright future. the season is a lost cause, and theres nothing wrong with that, this is a league of parity, and we've been spoiled as fans. lets take these L's with pride and get ourselves ready for another 6-8 years of SB contention after this hiccup!

Really good Joey.... I just don't want to tank the entire season.

I've been trying to say this for awhile now. This seaso has been depressing but there are so many things to be excited about. Not to mention Suggs will be back next year, and with a draft pick in mostly likely atleast the top ten we can get another dynamic pass rusher or possibly even a safety. The possibilities are endless. And I didn't even think about having the 4th place schedule next year and being higher on the waiver wire. Everybody expected this year to be our year but in reality we probably needed a year to figure things out and to find our identity with trestman and to get some of these guys some experience since we got so much younger. It's hard to be patient, but it may pay off big time and we could be looking at a dynasty to come. Soon we are going to see the fruits of our labor.

Suggs *might* be back next year. This is 2 Achilles tears on a very aging and high mileage body. He might retire if his body just cant take it, remember he has been in the league for a very long time and was drafted at age 20, he has had a lot of wear and tear on his body.

Hopefully get to see Perriman and Urban put some work on later in the season as well. I'd hope we address wr through trade or FA, pick up another CB and hopefully draft another corner or olb. Besides all the panic, I still think we have a good core group. Rice will be off the books and something is probably done to lower Flacco's cap.

This....  Develop some of the younger guys... and we get a few more W's to salvage an OK season.

Suggs *might* be back next year. This is 2 Achilles tears on a very aging and high mileage body. He might retire if his body just cant take it, remember he has been in the league for a very long time and was drafted at age 20, he has had a lot of wear and tear on his body.

that's true - but I don't see him going out like that.

Suggs ain't goin out like that.

Not every player gets the ray lewis ending, some go out without a choice. Does he come back and be effective or look like peyton manning does?

Edited by redlobster

Not every player gets the ray lewis ending, some go out without a choice. Does he come back and be effective or look like peyton manning does?

Had he not "torn an Achilles" I'm not so sure he doesn't have a decent year?  He was actually playing pretty well.  He had no limitations, and had gotten in decent shape prior to the regular season.  Just sayin... He came to camp not lookin' great, but he also faced some personal adversity in the offseason...  so, I'm thinkin' he comes back...  Ray was hurt the last two seasons he was here.  Most of his final season.

Great points Joey. Now that most fans have accepted the disappointing reality that the Ravens season is pretty much shot as far as the post season goes, it changes the focus of what we need to do for the rest of the season to build for next year. I feel good about what we can accomplish next year if the FO makes the right moves. I think Bisciotti will play a big, positive role in facilitating changes in the right direction.

All great points, good write-up.

In reference to #7, from what I've seen so far, I'm more excited about Boyle's potential than Maxx's.  

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Let's retool, regroup and strike back next year.

This year I'll focus all my energy on rooting against the Pats.

Rooting for Torrey, Tyrod and Pernell in order to gain higher compensatory picks. Should be able to garner at least one three.

To add on to point 13:

The Ravens have drafted in the top five three times in franchise history and every pick turned out to be amazing: Ogden, Boulware, and Jamal Lewis.

Our DLine will be sick in the next few years. Heck even next season too. I think we have a great foundation on the DLine. We need to work with a pass rush and secondary, that should be the focus of the off-season. 

Our DLine will be sick in the next few years. Heck even next season too. I think we have a great foundation on the DLine. We need to work with a pass rush and secondary, that should be the focus of the off-season. 

I dream of us adding guys like Hargreaves in round 1 and Ogbah in round 2 then signing Tashaun Gipson in free agency.  That dream is getting me through this depressing season lol

Edited by Ravens2343

I dream of us adding guys like Hargreaves in round 1 and Ogbah in round 2 then signing Tashaun Gipson in free agency.  That dream is getting me through this depressing season lol

I def. see what you mean. I love Hargreaves as a prospect for us, I want him really badly. I'm with you on Gipson but I might hold out hope on that one. It's not our motto to pursue big time free agents. We always build through the draft, add cut guys and sign under the radar guys as well. It's just what we do and it has been working for a long time now. 

Another bright side, we won't be relying on any one to step up. What I mean is that we don't have to rely on Marlon Brown or Chykie Brown to step up because we know what we have. We used to have mixed signals on who's good and who's not and the guys who weren't really good sure didn't play like they weren't. That won't be the case here. We can know plug up the holes we have without really relying on any undrafted players to step up.

Edited by PurpleCity5

Beat the Bungles and that Opie look alike in my lifetime

Ya they have been a thorn in our side for sure. Dalton and Green just always seem to pull a deep ball off right towards the end of the game to end it. I cant stand it.