JEEPercreepermd

All Things NHL

17 posts in this topic

Yeah... I can see more caps post season disappointment after they have had a great year unfortunately. I hope they make the cup if my bruins are knocked out.

Believe it or not, the boys of winter have already begun!

Who do you like this year? Any early predictions?

Well this one is easy.

Blackhawks again.  Named after a Sauk Indian Chief by the same name, who refused to allow his tribe to be moved out of their ancestral homes along the Mississippi river in far western Illinois, he fought encroachment for years.

The Blackhawks have a new brave in their War Party by the name of Panarin, which in Sauk means, "Little Dead Eye Bruin Slayer."  Added to their elite group of warriors, the NHL has little chance.

Flyers will sneak in and beat Washington round one.

Interesting. I'm a Flyers fan, and I'd be over the moon if they made the playoffs..got some catching up to do!

Edit: They are only 4 pts behind the Wildcard so I guess it's possible..

Either way I just want to see continued improvement in the 2nd half. I really like what Dave Hakstol has done so far..and They have been seriously handcuffed by the salary cap mess that Holmgren created,and probably will be next season too..but they definitely are trending up..more speed on defense,and they have two excellent goaltenders.

They need to find another legit top 3 forward, I like Raffl,but he's a 2nd liner.

Edited by JEEPercreepermd

Well this one is easy.

Blackhawks again. Named after a Sauk Indian Chief by the same name, who refused to allow his tribe to be moved out of their ancestral homes along the Mississippi river in far western Illinois, he fought encroachment for years.

The Blackhawks have a new brave in their War Party by the name of Panarin, which in Sauk means, "Little Dead Eye Bruin Slayer." Added to their elite group of warriors, the NHL has little chance.

I don't know, Dallas is looking pretty formidable. I've got them in the WC Finals.

Interesting. I'm a Flyers fan, and I'd be over the moon if they made the playoffs..got some catching up to do!

Edit: They are only 4 pts behind the Wildcard so I guess it's possible..

Either way I just want to see continued improvement in the 2nd half. I really like what Dave Hakstol has done so far..and They have been seriously handcuffed by the salary cap mess that Holmgren created,and probably will be next season too..but they definitely are trending up..more speed on defense,and they have two excellent goaltenders.

They need to find another legit top 3 forward, I like Raffl,but he's a 2nd liner.

They're playing at a high level, just made some key moves to dump salary... Really, they are the only franchise here in Philly to be too optimistic about.

Yeah I don't think NHL gets enough traffic to do a gearly thread. Maybe do what is done with soccer and give it a thread for all things hockey

On 2/7/2017 at 3:19 PM, 52520Andrew said:

Welp I ended up getting the Blackhawks on my NHL fan quiz so I guess that is who I am going with. How about you @Inqui

bahston-famous-boston-logo-women-s-t-shi

Dunno if I can accept that. It's kinda rubbing salt in the wound. :P 

1 minute ago, Inqui said:

Just turn on Dropkick Murphys. Loud. It will be more bearable.

17 minutes ago, Inqui said:

I had a question in my quiz about the Bruins and said I hated them lol

Oddly enough I can stand the Celtics though for some reason

Just now, 52520Andrew said:

I had a question in my quiz about the Bruins and said I hated them lol

Oddly enough I can stand the Celtics though for some reason

The Bruins are probably the Boston team I hate the least, it's just kind of a [gut] punch to get a Boston team after the Cheetahs won the Super Bowl like that. I used to be alright with the Celtics, but watching them retool on the fly and get that rebuilding gimmie courtesy of the Nets changed all that.

8 minutes ago, Inqui said:

The Bruins are probably the Boston team I hate the least, it's just kind of a [gut] punch to get a Boston team after the Cheetahs won the Super Bowl like that. I used to be alright with the Celtics, but watching them retool on the fly and get that rebuilding gimmie courtesy of the Nets changed all that.

I can't hate Boston for the Nets being dumb although I don't watch much NBA anyways since there is no parity at all. I will be rooting for a non Cleveland or Golden State Champion but outside maybe the Spurs I am not holding my breath.