• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Cillmatic

2016 free agency

894 posts in this topic

Sean Payton calling the plays on offense and Chuck Pagano calling the plays on defense? I would probably die from excitement.

Chuck Pagano said he would retire from coaching if he's fired. I'd love him back though.

Chuck Pagano said he would retire from coaching if he's fired. I'd love him back though.

His contract expires this year, right? Well, if they don't pick up his contract that doesn't mean he's fired. I guess he's free game and he'll come here then!

i believe our coaching staff could be a lot better..

this needs to be the shakeup

we almost missed the playoffs last year..

we could have easily missed 3 in a row.

none of this will matter though unless we re-work/extent Flacco's contract and make a splash in FA and in the draft.

A splash in free agency usually isn't our style. I agree we need to sign some key players and a playmaker, but depend son your definition of splash. I usually view a splash in FA as one of the top signings which won't be us

The ravens play hard and disciplined because of harbs no nonsense hard practice style. The scouting needs to find players that are ready to breakout but are being held back by a bad QB or bad coaching,scheme,discipline, and motivation. Find these players in free agency and trade. As Sanders and Lafell were ready to break out.

I want to be sure we can be in a better cap situation for 2017. I want to be able to keep Will Hill. 

Edited by PurpleCity5

That is the point of bargains b4 they break out. Like Brian Quick. Speaking of WRs is Jared Abbrederis healthy?? He has sub 4.5 speed, good routes and intelligence and on the packer practice squad. He roasted some round 1 cornerbacks.

Scratch that idea, the pack called him up from the practice squad. A couple free agents I would like to see the ravens grab and would be better in our system and supporting cast is Zach Brown and Nick Perry. As for Brown I wanted the ravens to sign his teammate Derrick Morgan last offseason. Even if it meant trading Dumervil. I know I already heard that is a ridiculous idea from friends and family. But hear me out. Dumervil is getting old. He is a very good edge rusher yes. However my opinion he is not one of those freakishly explosive guys that could lose a step and still be a great rusher like Ware or Peppers. And I feel it is better to trade a player a year before he loses his mojo( and get his salary off the books) than a year after when he is worthless. And I believed Derrick Morgan would play far better as an olb with a stout line in front of him that gives him space to maneuver. Because he is a very polished edge rusher. That is the kinda bargains Ozzie needs to find. Besides Morgan is a hard worker and on field leader the ravens need desperately especially after Suggs aging. He is having a fine year and he would be even better on the ravens playing behind Brandon,Jernigan and Davis. Anyways now his teammate Zach Brown is a fit. He is very explosive and good in coverage. And again he would be far better with the ravens playing behind the ravens line. He was considered soft coming out of college. But he has much raised the intensity on his physicality and covers like a safety. He will not break the bank but could play like somebody who broke the bank. Especially with the ravens. He and Mosley will make a formidable team. If the ravens ever went 4-3 he would be a great Weakside LB. The other is Nick perry. He is an athletic freak and has worked hard on his rush moves and cover skills. Again he would benefit playing behind the ravens line. As Dumervil did. I do not like him as much as Derrick Morgan because of Morgans polish and leadership. And he may cost a little more because of his sheer explosiveness and potential. However if he learned a little more technique from Suggs or Dumervil to go with his motor and Explosion, he could very well outplay his salary because he is more explosive than Derrick and can run the arc and is far stronger than when he entered the league. Let's just hope he does not break out this year and drive his price up. The ravens should trade Dumervil NOW to a contender for a draft pick and bring back Suggs at a restructured salary to play part time and coach up Zadarius and Perry.

Edited by Winchester

We need sign Brandon Williams long term ASAP because if we wait we may be  looking at Gerald McCoy contract

Watching Perriman's highlights again this morning, he does not look like a savior at WR. We still need to get a #1 WR for the future because Perriman is not it and his health concerns are worrisome. He definitely does not solve our lack of WR talent problems. Treadwell, please.

Scratch that idea, the pack called him up from the practice squad. A couple free agents I would like to see the ravens grab and would be better in our system and supporting cast is Zach Brown and Nick Perry. As for Brown I wanted the ravens to sign his teammate Derrick Morgan last offseason. Even if it meant trading Dumervil. I know I already heard that is a ridiculous idea from friends and family. But hear me out. Dumervil is getting old. He is a very good edge rusher yes. However my opinion he is not one of those freakishly explosive guys that could lose a step and still be a great rusher like Ware or Peppers. And I feel it is better to trade a player a year before he loses his mojo( and get his salary off the books) than a year after when he is worthless. And I believed Derrick Morgan would play far better as an olb with a stout line in front of him that gives him space to maneuver. Because he is a very polished edge rusher. That is the kinda bargains Ozzie needs to find. Besides Morgan is a hard worker and on field leader the ravens need desperately especially after Suggs aging. He is having a fine year and he would be even better on the ravens playing behind Brandon,Jernigan and Davis. Anyways now his teammate Zach Brown is a fit. He is very explosive and good in coverage. And again he would be far better with the ravens playing behind the ravens line. He was considered soft coming out of college. But he has much raised the intensity on his physicality and covers like a safety. He will not break the bank but could play like somebody who broke the bank. Especially with the ravens. He and Mosley will make a formidable team. If the ravens ever went 4-3 he would be a great Weakside LB. The other is Nick perry. He is an athletic freak and has worked hard on his rush moves and cover skills. Again he would benefit playing behind the ravens line. As Dumervil did. I do not like him as much as Derrick Morgan because of Morgans polish and leadership. And he may cost a little more because of his sheer explosiveness and potential. However if he learned a little more technique from Suggs or Dumervil to go with his motor and Explosion, he could very well outplay his salary because he is more explosive than Derrick and can run the arc and is far stronger than when he entered the league. Let's just hope he does not break out this year and drive his price up. The ravens should trade Dumervil NOW to a contender for a draft pick and bring back Suggs at a restructured salary to play part time and coach up Zadarius and Perry.

I like the idea of adding Perry if he does not cost a lot.  Somewhere along the lines of a 4 year deal worth 6-8 million a year wouldn't be terrible, but it would take up a lot of our remaining cap.  As for Brown, I like him a lot but I would imagine the Titans will overpay for him and unfortunately we cannot compete with them cap wise.  As a fallback option at ILB I really like Sean Spence from the Steelers.  He is fast and can cover a lot of space for an ILB, the Steelers also have a terrible cap outlook so I doubt they can retain him if he gets a modest offer. 

The bad part is both are UFA's and Ozzie usually shies away from them, hopefully a losing season will make him reconsider that stance.

Watching Perriman's highlights again this morning, he does not look like a savior at WR. We still need to get a #1 WR for the future because Perriman is not it and his health concerns are worrisome. He definitely does not solve our lack of WR talent problems. Treadwell, please.

I think he could be a very good #2 guy for our team, but you are right we need to get a true #1.  I believe we will go the free agent route again with a veteran cut like Vjax or Garcon and then I am hoping we can get someone like Coleman at the top of the 2nd round.  He reminds me a lot of a combination of Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace, he could be a big time addition to our offense.

CSN Washington expects DeSean Jackson to be released this coming up offseason. Him and Breshad on the outsides would make Flacco very happy, especially if SSS comes back or we pick up someone like Vincent Jackson if cut or Leonard Hankerson if not re-signed.

CSN Washington expects DeSean Jackson to be released this coming up offseason. Him and Breshad on the outsides would make Flacco very happy, especially if SSS comes back or we pick up someone like Vincent Jackson if cut or Leonard Hankerson if not re-signed.

I think Flacco will certainly be happy when Perriman is on the field.

DeSean is only for speed, the FO thinks they have that in Perriman. Don't need two speed only guys.

he is going to be out of our price range .

VJax is more of a need and not as pricey as Desean Jackson, who would likely be rendered useless on this team and will probably carry "baggage".

Edited by Cillmatic

I agree with you ,, I really think if we draft a true 1 WR,,, we are always saying our WR have no hands, speed, separation and can not run routes,, why get a vet, get a young guy to go with perriman and camp. SSS will be around 1 more year,, and being on the verge of having the best TE corp,,,  GET a WR.... 

I agree with you ,, I really think if we draft a true 1 WR,,, we are always saying our WR have no hands, speed, separation and can not run routes,, why get a vet, get a young guy to go with perriman and camp. SSS will be around 1 more year,, and being on the verge of having the best TE corp,,, GET a WR....

Bbbbbbboyd!!!!!!

I agree with you ,, I really think if we draft a true 1 WR,,, we are always saying our WR have no hands, speed, separation and can not run routes,, why get a vet, get a young guy to go with perriman and camp. SSS will be around 1 more year,, and being on the verge of having the best TE corp,,,  GET a WR....

Best TEs?? A glut of average TEs does not equal a pro bowler. I like your idea of drafting an elite WR. However it could be beneficial as well to sign a young WR about to break out buy has never had a QB,system,opportunity or structured work ethic like Lafell and Emmanuel Sanders. This year it could be Brian Quick.

Best TEs?? A glut of average TEs does not equal a pro bowler. I like your idea of drafting an elite WR. However it could be beneficial as well to sign a young WR about to break out buy has never had a QB,system,opportunity or structured work ethic like Lafell and Emmanuel Sanders. This year it could be Brian Quick.

I like our TE's , they are young but i do like what i have seen,,, if we do go get a vet WR, then i hope we go after that RB out of ohio st ELLIOT,,  

I think we need to go sit on san Diego and Cinci's free agents and snatch who we can.  They have a lot of free agents coming up and definitely wont be able to keep all of them. Here are some of the guys on those teams I would keep an eye on.

Malcom Floyd. with Keenan Allen and steve Johnson they let him loose. He's not the same player he was, but he's better than what we have. Definitely shouldn't overpay on this one. It's either a good deal or pass.

Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu. Bothe guys are solid wide outs that I think would fair better with Joe throwing to them. Again its gotta be on a good deal.

Patrick Robinson, Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Reggie Nelson, Eric Weddle...Obvious reasons.

DeSean is only for speed, the FO thinks they have that in Perriman. Don't need two speed only guys.

I have to disagree. You can never have enough speed on both sides of the ball and I think that's been evident this season especially on offense. Perriman and DeSean on the outsides and trade back in the first or pray Doctson makes it to the top five in the second round and still sign Leonard Hankerson. That's a scary offense. 

With Flacco at the helm, I want us to build a dominant offense, which I think is possible.

We already have the OL foundation, I don't anicipate it to dip anytime soon but I want real WRs. Even if Steve Smith Sr. was to return, theres no telling how good he'll be(Don't tell him I said that). We need to look at the situation as if Perriman isn't on the roster as well, because apparently no one knows wth is up with him. You don't know what you'll get. Id love to see us sign a WR, Vincent Jackson(Likely cut) & Marvin Jones are my top options. I also believe we really should draft a WR early, just in case things go bad. I think with that our WR group will be good enough to compete.

I don't think we need an elite defense, just a good one. I really believe the biggest are OLB and FS, thats where I see us attacking via FA and Draft. I believe that an elite offense-good defense is the way to go, especially in todays NFL. A good defense can close out games, hold teams to FGs and most importantly, force turnovers, which is important for an offense.

I feel that one thing we don't have to worry about is "Guys stepping up at WR". We've seen enough of Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown to know that they're not starting material. Biscotti had confidence that they would preform well and it turns out he was wrong about that. I'm sure when negotiations with Flacco arrive, the talent level at WR will surely come up. Im certain this F.O is done playing jokes at WR and will put in the work needed to in order to make this offense great.

Patrick Robinson, Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Reggie Nelson, Eric Weddle...Obvious reasons.

I will party in the streets if we somehow get Weddle. We won't seeing as we've already invested in Lewis and Hill, but I'd still be ecstatic 

Edited by Daft Classic

I will party in the streets if we somehow get Weddle. We won't seeing as we've already invested in Lewis and Hill, but I'd still be ecstatic

Lewis needs to either be depth or be cut. He's not starting material. We NEED Weddle or someone like Jalen Ramsey. I'm a big fan of Will Hill though.

As if it wasn't bad enough that every bandwagon clown in Denver went from calling Manning done, to saying they won't lose a game in the last 24 hours... Now they trade for Davis.

For ever and ever, I hate you John Elway. Go Ravens.

Edited by DenverRaven

We made alot of long term agreements to our secondary and put money into resigning and signing new guys. Aside from Hill and Smith, noone is doing very much else for their money. I just dont see them really investing a high round pick unless it's a safety. If we go Defense were looking at our future Suggs replacement.

That's the best part about our offense is with SSS coming back now and hopefully Pitta, they're our biggest financial investments in the receiving game. We lucked out I think with Givens and Kamar can be a solid #3 at times but were not breaking the bank on any of these guys. If we can find our Dez Bryant/Calvin Johnson prototype to compliment Perrimans speed and SSS in the slot, we'll finally have what we need not to sweat out being more than 7 pts behind.

I have to disagree. You can never have enough speed on both sides of the ball and I think that's been evident this season especially on offense. Perriman and DeSean on the outsides and trade back in the first or pray Doctson makes it to the top five in the second round and still sign Leonard Hankerson. That's a scary offense. 

Desean would be a definite asset. I agree with you DF. I'd say Jackson, Perriman, Givens, Ross, draft pick of a Boyd/Doctson, would be lethal. Mix in Forsett, Buck and draft pick would provide stimulus to the playmaking abilities. No doubt. Desean would also be amongst men and head coach that would have intel from the Eagles( his grass roots org).

Edited by thieverycorporation

We made alot of long term agreements to our secondary and put money into resigning and signing new guys. Aside from Hill and Smith, noone is doing very much else for their money. I just dont see them really investing a high round pick unless it's a safety. If we go Defense were looking at our future Suggs replacement.

That's the best part about our offense is with SSS coming back now and hopefully Pitta, they're our biggest financial investments in the receiving game. We lucked out I think with Givens and Kamar can be a solid #3 at times but were not breaking the bank on any of these guys. If we can find our Dez Bryant/Calvin Johnson prototype to compliment Perrimans speed and SSS in the slot, we'll finally have what we need not to sweat out being more than 7 pts behind.

Bosa, has to be on the radar. Ramsey would be my first round pick if Bosa's not available. Hargreaves is next. That's pre combine and end of season for cfb of course.