• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Cillmatic

2016 free agency

894 posts in this topic

Seeing how we're basically in the offseason. Use this thread as a free agency wish list and eventual signing thread.

You stole my thread bro, ha.

But here are the FAs in 2016:

Marshal Yanda

Justin Tucker

Matt Schaub

Courtney Upshaw

Albert McClellan

Jason Babin

Kelechi Osemele

Morgan Cox

Jeremy Ross

Allen Reisner

Chris Givens

Rashaan Melvin

Brynden Trawick

Kamar Aiken

Ryan Jensen

Marlon Brown

Zach Thompson

The only must keeps here are Yanda and Tucker. At this point I'd like to keep Aiken as well. The rest can go.

Yanda and Tucker are must keeps.  I'd absolutely take Osemele back but I've already accepted the fact that he'll chase the money and go elsewhere.  McClellan, Aiken, Jensen, Trawick, Melvin, and Cox should be cheap re-signs.  I might be interested in Givens and Ross depending on how the rest of the season goes.  I'd be open to Upshaw if the price is right, but no huge loss to me if he does go.  The rest can go.

Edited by rmw10

The only must keeps here are Yanda and Tucker. At this point I'd like to keep Aiken as well. The rest can go.

I would add Cox.  I dont want to break up the dream team. 

And Jeremy Ross.  He is one of the few who impressed me today.

Edited by K-Dog

I'm ready for Marlon Brown to go now. I've said it before, but few players I think we need to keep and I don't think this is the offseason to try to milk the comps.

I don't want Upshaw back. He's useless as a pass rusher and lately he's not even setting the edge that great. KO I'm ready to let go of him, too, because he just can't seem to stay healthy. He had a good game today, but I want Yanda all day over him. I'm also ready for Jeremy "No Push" Zuttah, but he's unlikely to go anywhere.

I would like to keep Ross and Aiken. I think we should look at a veteran CB, FS, and WR if available in free agency. And of course Tucker should return.

Edited by GrimCoconut

Marshal Yanda

Justin Tucker

Matt Schaub

Courtney Upshaw

Albert McClellan

Jason Babin

Kelechi Osemele

Morgan Cox

Jeremy Ross

Allen Reisner

Chris Givens

Rashaan Melvin

Brynden Trawick

Kamar Aiken

Ryan Jensen

Marlon Brown

Zach Thompson

I'd like to see more of Jeremy Ross

I'm ready for Marlon Brown to go now. I've said it before, but few players I think we need to keep and I don't think this is the offseason to try to milk the comps.

I don't want Upshaw back. He's useless as a pass rusher and lately he's not even setting the edge that great. KO I'm ready to let go of him, too, because he just can't seem to stay healthy. He had a good game today, but I want Yanda all day over him. I'm also ready for Jeremy "No Push" Zuttah, but he's unlikely to go anywhere.

I would like to keep Ross and Aiken. I think we should look at a veteran CB, FS, and WR if available in free agency. And of course Tucker should return.

Marlon Brown hasn't done anything since his rookie season. I'm glad this board is finally off his train. Easily the worst receiver on the team.

Marshal Yanda

Justin Tucker

Matt Schaub

Courtney Upshaw

Albert McClellan

Jason Babin

Kelechi Osemele

Morgan Cox

Jeremy Ross

Allen Reisner

Chris Givens

Rashaan Melvin

Brynden Trawick

Kamar Aiken

Ryan Jensen

Marlon Brown

Zach Thompson

Well if anyone had any doubts about this teams lack of talent just look at this list.

I'd like to see more of Jeremy Ross

Same. Stepped up as both a receiver and returned. Should be a cheap re-sign.

As for outside free agents, I think we'll definitely have to add 1-2 starter level free agents, and I'm not confident that we can do so by only going after cut guys this year.  We have huge needs at WR, OLB/Pass Rusher, and CB/FS.  Even with a high draft pick, we're not going to be able to nail down all of those holes in one draft.  There are some other positions that could absolutely use some help, too.

Yanda is at the top of the list. Truly one of the Ravens greats and never seems to let us down, I love him. Keep him at all costs, honestly he's KO'd K.O for Free Agency. K.O has been good the past couple of games, he looks like the old K.O but I'm certain we'll lose him. I'd like to see us keep Tucker.

I wouldn't even bother much with Upshaw, he can't rush the passer and he's been inconsistent as an edge settler, if we can keep him for dirt cheap then fine. 

As far as Marlon Brown goes, I really think we should let it go. I don't think he'll be the player we thought he would be. I had high hopes but it just isn't working. 

I'd like to see us get a new Center, Urschel will be taking over for K.O but we need a new Center IMO, Zuttah just doesn't have enough power honestly. 

Edited by PurpleCity5

Not many I'd keep. I hope Tucker isn't too expensive. He has missed a few kicks.

And he's won countless games.

Retain Yanda, and Tucker. Both are within our realm of price. In fact, do it now. Save us the trouble. Aiken seems to be a good #3. And Givens can be a purist deep threat so keep both of them. If Upshaw comes back for the vet min, take it. 

Sucks to see KO gone, but I think Urschel can adequately replace him.  

I'd cut Forsett, Webb, and Zuttah, and Canty. This would save us about 8 million. Which should be enough for us to retain Yanda. 

FA wise I'd target Josh Norman

I'd cut Forsett, Webb, and Zuttah, and Canty. This would save us about 8 million. Which should be enough for us to retain Yanda. 

I say NO on Forsett.  I am emotionally obligated to stand up for Webb, but I understand reality says the complete opposite, and I am well prepared for his departure, despite my not wanting to see it happen. 

Retain Yanda, and Tucker. Both are within our realm of price. In fact, do it now. Save us the trouble. Aiken seems to be a good #3. And Givens can be a purist deep threat so keep both of them. If Upshaw comes back for the vet min, take it. 

Sucks to see KO gone, but I think Urschel can adequately replace him.  

FA wise I'd target Josh Norman

I know you have a disdain for Forsett and think he's just a system back, but I see no reason to let him go.  That would just add another need to the list.  We got back to the outside zone these past 2 weeks, and it's no coincidence that Forsett has emerged in that time.  He might just be a system guy, but if it's something we're going to continue running, there's no reason to let him go.

I'm not the biggest fan of Zuttah, but I don't really see a reason to let him go yet either.  We don't exactly have anyone to replace him, assuming Urschel steps in for KO.  Center is largely a barren wasteland across the league.  Zuttah may not be great, but he's competent enough to keep around for another year in hopes of finding someone else the following offseason.  You can't create too many holes in one offseason.  We already have a lot to fill.

I know you have a disdain for Forsett and think he's just a system back, but I see no reason to let him go.  That would just add another need to the list.  We got back to the outside zone these past 2 weeks, and it's no coincidence that Forsett has emerged in that time.  He might just be a system guy, but if it's something we're going to continue running, there's no reason to let him go.

I'm not the biggest fan of Zuttah, but I don't really see a reason to let him go yet either.  We don't exactly have anyone to replace him, assuming Urschel steps in for KO.  Center is largely a barren wasteland across the league.  Zuttah may not be great, but he's competent enough to keep around for another year in hopes of finding someone else the following offseason.  You can't create too many holes in one offseason.  We already have a lot to fill.

We have $17 million in cap room and I don't think Flacco restructures tbh. We need the money. We might only be able to retain a few RFAs, Yanda, and Tucker and will have too many holes to fill. And my opinion of Buck continues to change. In this system I think he could start. I agree with you on center. 

I honestly want us to draft a center high this year. 

As for outside free agents, I think we'll definitely have to add 1-2 starter level free agents, and I'm not confident that we can do so by only going after cut guys this year.  We have huge needs at WR, OLB/Pass Rusher, and CB/FS.  Even with a high draft pick, we're not going to be able to nail down all of those holes in one draft.  There are some other positions that could absolutely use some help, too.

Jason Pieere paul, Alshon Jeffrey, jalen ramsay, eric weddle. Mostly free agency can fix this, we got alot of cap room coming soon, and the way the season is going, we are going to give the boot to ALOT of people, maybe we can even trade for roddy white. he is FA i think next offseason, if not trade for him. Believe it or not this all can be fixed up next offseason. Unfortunaly we still have to bear the misery this season has to entail. Its sad that free agency is the most exciting thing coming to the ravens soon GAHHHHH!!!. What a disaster. 

Jason Pieere paul, Alshon Jeffrey, jalen ramsay, eric weddle. Mostly free agency can fix this, we got alot of cap room coming soon, and the way the season is going, we are going to give the boot to ALOT of people, maybe we can even trade for roddy white. he is FA i think next offseason, if not trade for him. Believe it or not this all can be fixed up next offseason. Unfortunaly we still have to bear the misery this season has to entail. Its sad that free agency is the most exciting thing coming to the ravens soon GAHHHHH!!!. What a disaster. 

We've never targeted free agents of that caliber and I don't expect that to change now.

We have a lot of holes. Which are not that hard to fix. If Flacco does restructure, we will probably be able fill the CB hole. We won't get someone super big. 

Here is who we sign next offseason,

jason pieere paul, believe it or not outside of tucker and yanda. WE BADLY need this guy, with sizzle getting older he is the only man in his prime that does what sizzle can do. 

Alshon Jeffery; For obvious reasons

Trade for roddy white: Again obvious reasons

Eric Weddle: Secondary obvious

We can afford these guys alot of people are getting the boot, and plus we can get best safety coming out of the draft jalen ramsay, this guy can do everything ed reed could do, we need him. 

I think Forsett & Webb likely stick around another year unless something ridiculous happens. I don't see them going anywhere yet. 

As for Zuttah, I really can't stand him and I would love to upgrade him if possible. He is constantly pushed back. He's the definition of slightly below average. 

I think we will likely go to the draft for OLB & sign a cheap veteran for OLB in FA. Tamba Hali makes some sense to me. I see our big money going to the secondary, but there aren't many big names next year. Amukamara, Norman? They probably return to their respective teams. Maybe we can get a guy like Sean Smith or Trumaine Johnson. Eric Berry is possible, but I think the Chiefs bring him back, too. 

We've never targeted free agents of that caliber and I don't expect that to change now.

Dont you think after season we are about to have, that ozzie will take exception. 

We don't need superstars, just no more trash heap signings. Forget the stupid comp picks that we'll use to select the next Tandon Doss.

I think Forsett & Webb likely stick around another year unless something ridiculous happens. I don't see them going anywhere yet. 

As for Zuttah, I really can't stand him and I would love to upgrade him if possible. He is constantly pushed back. He's the definition of slightly below average. 

I think we will likely go to the draft for OLB & sign a cheap veteran for OLB in FA. Tamba Hali makes some sense to me. I see our big money going to the secondary, but there aren't many big names next year. Amukamara, Norman? They probably return to their respective teams. Maybe we can get a guy like Sean Smith or Trumaine Johnson. Eric Berry is possible, but I think the Chiefs bring him back, too. 

pierre paul and eric weddle.