Purple_ICE 81

Could the Ravens be considering a trade for (insert WR here)?

578 posts in this topic

lol Laughed out loud there. Much appreciated. *Cracks knuckles* I'm sure that we could work something out.

Can I be your "Eric Decosta"

frankly if anyone here really wants an honest shot of making the playoffs you have to pull off this trade.

camp is likely out for the season and thats a big deal.

steve smith is likely out for a game and we cannot keep him at the same workload at this stage of his career

perriman will be blessing himself until next year before he touches the field ( even if he played in the last few games i don't think he would be effective)

this is a no brainer. 2nd round pick plus a later round.

Ravens have just become sb champs.

Sami's Comment - I just don't think this team is very good. Ozzie is way overrated. I mean they only one by a touchdown. He entire staff should be fired.

Well they still owe us a 4th from a couple drafts ago so they give us Jeffery, and it's even.

Explain why they owe us a 4th round pick?

Waller looked good when called on late in the game,,,keep him in there.

Big target 

Edited by WV RAVEN

The Bears stated they still want to keep AJ to build around. They really like him and said he is the one player that is NOT on the trading block. If we could persuade them, we would have to give up the farm to get him. IMHO, it is too much of a long shot to get excited about.

Going off memory, I think it as the Bears that was supposed to trade up with us in the 2011 draft so they could leap the Chiefs for a player they thought the Chiefs also wanted.  I think they forgot or chose not to call the NFL's office to inform them of the trade which led to the clock expiring and the Chiefs drafting the player they wanted.  We then ended up drafting Jimmy a pick later and never got the 4th rounder that we were supposed to get in that trade

They screwed us in the 2011 draft by calling off a trade in the first round at the last minute. Our time ran out and we could have lost our player to whoever picked behind us.

They screwed us in the 2011 draft by calling off a trade in the first round at the last minute. Our time ran out and we could have lost our player to whoever picked behind us.

Oh yes, I do remember this. 

Alshon is dealing with injuries himself, and what we need is a healthy receiver to counter Smith's and Camp's injuries. Jeffery will miss this week's games dealing with an hamstring injury. 

I think we need to bring someone on at this point at least for depth with Perriman now out indefinitely, SSS being questionable, and Camp getting injured. 

good news is camps situation was back spasms. 

I still think if we can pull of a trade for jeffery we must.

Getting eugene back is big..

if our offensive line remains inconsistant I have an idea

Monroe,Urschel,Zuttah,Yanda,Osemele

I have back spasms. They are highly unpredictable but generally respond quickly to muscle relaxants and/or anti-inflammatories. Never had them last more than 3 days and sometimes go years between episodes.

good news is camps situation was back spasms. 

I still think if we can pull of a trade for jeffery we must.

Getting eugene back is big..

if our offensive line remains inconsistant I have an idea

Monroe,Urschel,Zuttah,Yanda,Osemele

Hopefully he had his family doctor check him out too and not just the Ravens staff

Where there is smoke there is fire. Bears said willing to trade entire roster from Rappaport. Specifically mentioning Forte.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Bears said willing to trade entire roster from Rappaport. Specifically mentioning Forte.

Just heard. It's time.

We are still not Alshon unless the Bears go total moron

There's a chance then. They did give Cutler that contract...

There's a chance then. They did give Cutler that contract...

I'm convinced they did it against their will. They probably owe cutler a debt so large that they're giving it to him in the form of that contract

No way Jeffery gets traded.

I'm convinced they did it against their will. They probably owe cutler a debt so large that they're giving it to him in the form of that contract

No way Jeffery gets traded.

If we traded a 1st or 2nd for him, how would everyone feel? I personally wouldn't mind. WR is a HUGE need. Not just this year, but especially next, with SSS retiring. If a contract was worked out, I doubt many would be mad, also considering Ozzie's track record with wrs. I'd try my best to make this thing happen early and get him in sync with Joe.

If we traded a 1st or 2nd for him, how would everyone feel? I personally wouldn't mind. WR is a HUGE need. Not just this year, but especially next, with SSS retiring. If a contract was worked out, I doubt many would be mad, also considering Ozzie's track record with wrs. I'd try my best to make this thing happen early and get him in sync with Joe.

It's hard to trade a pick that high.  You would get a proven player for the pick, but you also lose the benefit of having someone on their rookie contract for 4 years.  I think Alshon would be a huge help, but is he the difference?  Looking at the roster, WR is a huge hole, but it seems the biggest issues are the pass rush and thus, the secondary.  Alshon would certainly come in and have an impact, but does it equate to winning games?  If not, you're looking at giving up a very high pick for a guy that may or may not be the "missing piece."  If you're going to spend big on a player, I'd rather do it in the offseason and keep the pick, especially if you're only taking a chance on a guy's contributions being the difference.

I'd give a 2nd, 4th and maybe a player and Alshon's contract extension would have to agreed on. That's the limit. A first round pick is insane. We NEED a pass rusher and linemen.

Edited by Cillmatic

It's hard to trade a pick that high. You would get a proven player for the pick, but you also lose the benefit of having someone on their rookie contract for 4 years. I think Alshon would be a huge help, but is he the difference? Looking at the roster, WR is a huge hole, but it seems the biggest issues are the pass rush and thus, the secondary. Alshon would certainly come in and have an impact, but does it equate to winning games? If not, you're looking at giving up a very high pick for a guy that may or may not be the "missing piece." If you're going to spend big on a player, I'd rather do it in the offseason and keep the pick, especially if you're only taking a chance on a guy's contributions being the difference.

The reason I'd do it now is, his value should be somewhat lower, due to injury and we'd have about a season to evaluate before giving him that payday, where as we don't really see with the FA. Get what you're saying though, but imagine going into next season with the guys we have and some 3rd or later round wr. Truth is, not many teams had the kind of luxury of 2 great rushers like we did, with Suggs healthy.

Off topic, I think we would've taken Peters if he was still available. Secondary is probably the direction we go, if these guys we're picking up don't work.

The reason I'd do it now is, his value should be somewhat lower, due to injury and we'd have about a season to evaluate before giving him that payday, where as we don't really see with the FA. Get what you're saying though, but imagine going into next season with the guys we have and some 3rd or later round wr. Truth is, not many teams had the kind of luxury of 2 great rushers like we did, with Suggs healthy.

Off topic, I think we would've taken Peters if he was still available. Secondary is probably the direction we go, if these guys we're picking up don't work.

But will he accept the payday?  That's the question.  You can trade for him, but I'm betting Ozzie isn't giving up a high pick without an extension in place already.  We took the chance with Eugene Monroe, but we also had less invested in him via trade.  With Alshon, you're talking about giving up a high pick.  If he walks, you just gave up a 2nd round pick (just as an example) for a guy that likely didn't make a huge difference in regards to wins and losses.

Edited by rmw10

I don't know why the Bears would trade Alshon, maybe because they're going crazy but if we were to give up a 2nd, Id want a deal with Alshon in place already, but its kinda hard because of our cap situation.