Purple_ICE 81

Could the Ravens be considering a trade for (insert WR here)?

578 posts in this topic

After trading Jared Allen and Jon Bostic, teams are inquiring about Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffrey. If I was Ozzie I would be calling the Bears right now and throw up a 3rd or 4th round pick on the table for him, the Bears would probably consider anything for him.

I would be surprised if the Bears do not trade Jeffrey...he is in the final year of his contract and likely to test free agency next year, and the Bears season is essentially a bust right now and the team looks to be in rebuild mode.

Steve Smith, Alshon Jeffrey, Breshad Perriman, Gilmore, Williams and potentially Pitta too...that's a Ravens receiving group no fan has ever seen.

After trading Jared Allen and Jon Bostic, teams are inquiring about Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffrey. If I was Ozzie I would be calling the Bears right now and throw up a 3rd or 4th round pick on the table for him, the Bears would probably consider anything for him.

I would be surprised if the Bears do not trade Jeffrey...he is in the final year of his contract and likely to test free agency next year, and the Bears season is essentially a bust right now and the team looks to be in rebuild mode.

Steve Smith, Alshon Jeffrey, Breshad Perriman, Gilmore, Williams and potentially Pitta too...that's a Ravens receiving group no fan has ever seen.

I would like that very much.

The problem is final year of his contract and theres no way it guarantees us a playoff berth but I wouldn't be mad if we rolled the dice but I'd want some sort of extension.

I don't understand what makes everyone think alshon Jeffrey is in play all of a sudden because the bears got rid of an aging pass rusher who didn't fit their scheme, and not take a loss on him

This is pretty much wishful thinking on the part of over zealous ravens fans

I don't understand what makes everyone think alshon Jeffrey is in play all of a sudden because the bears got rid of an aging pass rusher who didn't fit their scheme, and not take a loss on him

Yea. This

Ding ding ding ding ding...

Much more likely that Jeffery is a building block, not a trade block, player.

Well it is the Bears and their season is officially over. Why not parlay him into a draft pick?

Is he on the block or not? Lol I've heard different reports. If he's available, we should go after him. If not, onto the next guy. I personally haven't looked into his availability either way. Only going off what I've heard.

Is he on the block or not? Lol I've heard different reports. If he's available, we should go after him. If not, onto the next guy. I personally haven't looked into his availability either way. Only going off what I've heard.

Just heard they're thinking about moving Forte and Alshon.

team with good wr is in rebuild mode > ravens fans assume wr is on trading block > ravens fans demand for either a trade for said wr or they demand the coaches head

Because the Bears have already traded away 2 players, so if a team inquires about Jeffrey or Forte and will give you a mid-early round draft pick for a player that can do no good for you in a year where you are 0-3, injured QB and projected to be a bottom tier team...and is a free agent following the season...and with Kevin White on the back burner as well the Bears are in the position where why wouldn't you trade him?

It's a trade that makes sense, alot of teams out there that could use Jeffrey's service and the Bears would be hard pressed to turn down offers for him.

i agree with this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4700153/with-jared-allen-trade-complete-bears-should-listen-to-offers-for-matt-forte-and-alshon-jeffery

Good read

Would be a pretty cool tandem for the future - Jeffrey/Perriman...... but it won't do much to better the lackluster defensive performances we've seen so far.  <_< 

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4700153/with-jared-allen-trade-complete-bears-should-listen-to-offers-for-matt-forte-and-alshon-jefferyhttp://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4700153/with-jared-allen-trade-complete-bears-should-listen-to-offers-for-matt-forte-and-alshon-jeffery

Good read on potential Forte and Jeffrey trades

There are a lot of "should's" and "if's" in that article. Does it make sense? Maybe a little if Jeffery doesn't want to resign, but that's info we don't have at the moment.

Would I like us to try and get him? Absolutely!!! I loved the guy coming out of South Carolina, I wanted us to use our 1st on him. He would be a playmaker that we simply don't have right now. We might be able to accommodate a larger contract next season, but 25 year old receivers like him don't often get traded. I'm sure the planed on him and Kevin White being their 1 and 2 when the took White.

Edited by bMore Heathen

Your font is ghastly.

Feels like I'm reading a wedding invitation and it's so damn small. My contacts slid trying to focus on it.

Jeffrey would be fantastic, assuming the FO has a plan to keep him beyond this season. I'll believe it when I see it though.

As for Forte, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed but I'd much rather we beefed up our run blocking. As it stands I think we'd make him look pretty woeful running behind our OL (as much as I hate to say it). And if he's on the block I think the price someone else would be willing to pay would be more than we should be stumping up for an ambulance that's already off the cliff.

So I'd love to see Jeffrey but don't think it would happen, and Forte is too much of a luxury at this point for the logistics to work.

Because the Bears have already traded away 2 players, so if a team inquires about Jeffrey or Forte and will give you a mid-early round draft pick for a player that can do no good for you in a year where you are 0-3, injured QB and projected to be a bottom tier team...and is a free agent following the season...and with Kevin White on the back burner as well the Bears are in the position where why wouldn't you trade him?

It's a trade that makes sense, alot of teams out there that could use Jeffrey's service and the Bears would be hard pressed to turn down offers for him.

Two rather useless players... as it were.

Forte trade? Sure... he's 30, and he's a FA next season. 

But trading away Jeffery leaves you with a rookie WR coming off a significant injury... and..........?

Every possible reference to a Jeffery trade involves many uses of the word SHOULD and IF, which are opinionated, hypothetical statements.

If you're looking for a building block for the future, if I'm Chicago, Jeffery makes all the sense in the world for that. They may very well listen to offers, but will probably have to be blown away by one. We don't make "blown away" type trade offers, especially when we're 0-3.

He would be a God send...

Doubt they trade him though. Even if they are in full scale rebuild, Jeffery is only 25.

In the very off chance that the Bears are beyond stupid enough to trade away easily their best player...

Send over a second rounder and reunite Jeffery with Trestman. He already is familiar with the scheme and Flacco would have a weapon he could salavate over.

It's an off chance but I could see the logic. Why would he want to stay with the Bears? They're a mess and Cutler is godawful. He probably leaves next year and the Bears cannot afford him probably. So why get nothing return?

Granted. I don't think Ozzie wants to trade a second rounder for the guy