• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
LosT_in_TranSlatioN

Crockett and Mad Maxx

158 posts in this topic

Is there any reason to believe that this duo is not going to be awesome? Both are physical tight ends with good hands and are good blockers? Crockett isn't exactly great athletically but he is hard to tackle while Maxx is easily the better reciever.

A year or two from now this might be the best TE duo in the NFL. Am excited. Linebackers are not going to have fun with this.

If they are used correctly I think they can be really good.  Crocketts size alone is a giant mismatch.  I would like to see them used running up the field rather then short dumpoffs but we will have to see.

Crock is such a badass he doesn't need to be athletic. lol

It took like 5 guys just to put him down during the Redskins fight. You can make up for lack of athletic ability by showing good route running, hands, and toughness(ala Larry Fitzgerald. Heath Miller for a TE comparison)

I would love if we used them like the pats used gronk and hernandez.  I think they need to be on the field together at all times

Love how they blend together... Maxx's vertical threat gets me the most excited.

2-3 years they could easily be the best duo if all goes right. Don't see how Pitta is going to fit back in.

Let's not forget about Nick Boyle, he seems to have good potential receiving as well as blocking.
I would love to have Dennis back, he just gets open like Camp does. However, MAYBE he should retire while he still has his health. That hip of his has to be a concern at this point and it might loom in the back of his mind everytime he (possibly) runs a route, catches a pass or braces for a tackle.

We'll see what the future brings, first off let's dominate on Sunday. I'll do my utmost to send supportive vibes across the Atlantic.
Go Ravens!

Flacco loves a big bodied target that can box out a defender. If Mad Maxx and Crockett stay consistent and gain trust and chemistry with Flacco, this pair will be a dominant force all year. 

I like Crockett a lot this year, I think Maxx will eventually take his job (probably next year) Crockett may not set the world on fire but I think he'll be rock solid not to mention on that TD against the skins that was called back looked very Gronk-like.

I think Crockett will set the world on fire.

I however for one am not giving up on pitta. I realize the odds are against him but alot of ppl are counting him out and just excepting it only because we have 2 up and coming tight ends. It's gonna be interesting to see where he fits in esp if all 3 of our guys are playing well, but I know how much joe trusts pitta. That is his favorite target , and regardless of how well the young Guys are doing , if pitta is healthy and ready to go we need to get him on the feild.

Edited by January J

I would love if we used them like the pats used gronk and hernandez.  I think they need to be on the field together at all times

They will be used together a lot in the Broncos game. Trestman used a ton of 2TE sets and Juice on the preseason. Obviously he didn't wanna show much but i think 2TE will be a huge part of the offense. Remember Kubes wanted to do thia but couldn't once Pitta went down. Gilmore just wasn't really ready to be a huge part of the offense early but we started to see what he could do towards the end.

I've said this plenty and we will start to see it on Sunday but Trestman is maybe the perfect OC to maximize the talents of each guy on this offense and similar to the Pats the Ravens will for teams to gameplan for more then just one style of offense. This week i think it'll be the TEs, RBs and Juice featured a lot to attack their OLBs and Safeties. Of course the WRs will have their opportunities but i think Maxx and Gilmore more be double X factors.

I think Crockett will set the world on fire.

I however for one am not giving up on pitta. I realize the odds are against him but alot of ppl are counting him out and just excepting it only because we have 2 up and coming tight ends. It's gonna be interesting to see where he fits in esp if all 3 of our guys are playing well, but I know how much joe trusts pitta. That is his favorite target , and regardless of how well the young Guys are doing , if pitta is healthy and ready to go we need to get him on the feild.

He's coming off 2 career-threatening injuries... How can we expect him to come back and play like his old self? Hardly no football & 2 years older. It's time for the young guns. Yeah I'd feel different if we missed on Maxx, but we didn't. So it doesn't matter...I would love to see Pitta come back and make an impact. I'm just not getting my hopes up for it.

Not completely counting him out. But how would we utilize 3 TE's? If Pitta comes back and shocks the world, goal line & 2 point attempts could be fun to watch...I'm not up for benching neither of our young guys. I think their time is now and they've got a lot invested in them. Trading Crocket or Maxx should definitely not be an option & I imagine Pitta has zero trade value this season. Even if he does look good.

My gut tells me it's over for him. Would be cool to have him come back and maybe coach or keep Joe happy lol... Also isn't he helping us out with the cap by not retiring?

I really like Pitta, but I think for his sake he needs to hang them up. One dislocation, ok you might be fine. Two though, theres a better than not chance its going to happen again. To be 30 yrs old and already have serious hip problems is terrible. He has to think of his quality of life post football. Think about his kids and grandkids and being able to do things with them without needing to worry about hurting himself.  I blew my knee out multiple times in highschool wrestling and stairs or anything going up or down is not pleasant and im only 26. I can only imagine how much his hip will hinder him as he gets older. Selfishly i'd like to see him come back. I have faith in maxx and crocket, but no question pitta is better at this point, but personally I think he needs to hang the cleats up.

I really like Pitta, but I think for his sake he needs to hang them up. One dislocation, ok you might be fine. Two though, theres a better than not chance its going to happen again. To be 30 yrs old and already have serious hip problems is terrible. He has to think of his quality of life post football. Think about his kids and grandkids and being able to do things with them without needing to worry about hurting himself.  I blew my knee out multiple times in highschool wrestling and stairs or anything going up or down is not pleasant and im only 26. I can only imagine how much his hip will hinder him as he gets older. Selfishly i'd like to see him come back. I have faith in maxx and crocket, but no question pitta is better at this point, but personally I think he needs to hang the cleats up.

The toughest thing for any competitor is to have the ability to compete stripped away from them. I think we all would selfishly like to see Pitta return but when doctor's can't give you even the slightest idea if your hip is likely to be dislocated again that's tough. It's hard to say Pitta should hang it up because this is an area of his life that he worked so hard to fulfill. One of my business partners and mentors is a former 2nd round pick of the Broncos and when his career was cut short by injuries it was a tough transition away from the NFL. I'm sure Pitta has a lot on his plate.

On the flip side of that, in the (sadly) unlikely event Pitta ever returns, we'd have incredible flexibility on offense... the possibilities would only be limited by Trestman's imagination. Wishful thinking, but something nice to think about if it does happen

On the flip side of that, in the (sadly) unlikely event Pitta ever returns, we'd have incredible flexibility on offense... the possibilities would only be limited by Trestman's imagination. Wishful thinking, but something nice to think about if it does happen

Pitta, Crockett and Maxx would possibly be the strongest tight end tandem in the nfl. Unfortunately I don't know what we would do with Boyle or where he would fit in, but id gladly trade that issue for having pitta back any day. Edited by January J

What would we do with Boyle?  Would he be able to remain on the 53 man roster?  If he went on the PS, would he be subject to being picked up by another team?  If that's the case then how would we feel if Pitta got hurt yet again, plus we lose Boyle?

I expect a lot of balls to be thrown towards our tight ends this game to take some pressure

off of Steve Smith. 

If Gilmore and Mad Max have good games we can win this thing .

Is there any reason to believe that this duo is not going to be awesome? Both are physical tight ends with good hands and are good blockers? Crockett isn't exactly great athletically but he is hard to tackle while Maxx is easily the better reciever.

A year or two from now this might be the best TE duo in the NFL. Am excited. Linebackers are not going to have fun with this.

I would add Boyle to the mix and call it the best TE Trio in the NFL!!!

i wish there were highlight videos of crockett in college, instead of sifting through the typical game footage. the kid had some really highlight reel worthy plays in college, after seeing some of what he did in college, it makes you wonder how he fell all the way to the 4th round

Can you imagine if Pitta is able to come back from the PUP list and is even half the player he used to be?We could line up with three huge TE's in the redzone and in goal line situations and all three would be legit passing threats.

I just read the first page and I see that Pitta was already brought up.I don't think it's over for him yet.I think he has one more comeback in him.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS

i wish there were highlight videos of crockett in college, instead of sifting through the typical game footage. the kid had some really highlight reel worthy plays in college, after seeing some of what he did in college, it makes you wonder how he fell all the way to the 4th round

He was raw, having just made the switch from DE to TE at a smaller school. I thought the 3rd round was a slight reach at the time, but that's why I'm here and Ozzie is there. 

They will be used together a lot in the Broncos game. Trestman used a ton of 2TE sets and Juice on the preseason. Obviously he didn't wanna show much but i think 2TE will be a huge part of the offense. Remember Kubes wanted to do thia but couldn't once Pitta went down. Gilmore just wasn't really ready to be a huge part of the offense early but we started to see what he could do towards the end.

I've said this plenty and we will start to see it on Sunday but Trestman is maybe the perfect OC to maximize the talents of each guy on this offense and similar to the Pats the Ravens will for teams to gameplan for more then just one style of offense. This week i think it'll be the TEs, RBs and Juice featured a lot to attack their OLBs and Safeties. Of course the WRs will have their opportunities but i think Maxx and Gilmore more be double X factors.

I agree.  I see something similar to what NE did on Thursday, a bit of just throwing  it around.  Obviously, we'd be hard-pressed to get the same results, as Gronk is, well, Gronk.  I see a lot of short stuff, and I have a good feeling about Joe, which feels unnatural. 

I agree. I see something similar to what NE did on Thursday, a bit of just throwing it around. Obviously, we'd be hard-pressed to get the same results, as Gronk is, well, Gronk. I see a lot of short stuff, and I have a good feeling about Joe, which feels unnatural.

I have a good feeling about Joe

And it's completely natural

I have a good feeling about Joe

And it's completely natural

It is a bit unnatural to feel supremely confident in Flacco for any given regular season game. But I feel he has a big year this year as well.