• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Admin 3

Divisional - Baltimore Ravens (11-6) vs. New England Patriots (12-4)

3,808 posts in this topic

Your agenda os obvious.

So is yours!!! 

Sorry, but I see Flacco for what he is not for what I want him to be.  If you see him differently, that's cool but don't try to exert your opinion onto me.   

Thanks. Right now, people too emotional to see clearly. Sure, I like Joe as our QB...but tonight was his night to put this team SQUARELY on his shoulders and practically single handedly win this game. Yet, he didn't. He doesn't have multiple SB rings. He doesn't have an MVP trophy, has never been named to a pro bowl (which really is a crap ballot anyway, but still). Has he even been named an All Pro? Sorry folks, but the debate rages on...he may be January Joe, but that don't make him Joe Elite. There is a difference.

And when does he become good? Did you complain about his play last week at the Steelers and refresh my memory how many points came from his 2 turn overs tonight? 1 bad play 1 trying to win the game I cant argue they were negitive plays but 2 times he gave us a 14 point lead in the game. I am just curious when does Joe become good enough Just want to see what the opinion of a arm chair QB is on the Ravens starting QB with only 1 ring. 

Sure, sure...we're on our way to the AFC Championship game! Oh wait. One of us is in reality. 1) Joe fumbled, but for a penalty. 2) Joe threw an INT when his team needed a jolt and put his D in a tough position, and AMAZINGLY they bailed him out. 3) Joe threw his second INT when he had 20 yards to run downfield. Joe has his share of blame here. HE AIN'T BLAMELESS.

It's true that Flacco isn't without blame, but the defense is the reason why we lost.

And when does he become good? Did you complain about his play last week at the Steelers and refresh my memory how many points came from his 2 turn overs tonight? 1 bad play 1 trying to win the game I cant argue they were negitive plays but 2 times he gave us a 14 point lead in the game. I am just curious when does Joe become good enough Just want to see what the opinion of a arm chair QB is on the Ravens starting QB with only 1 ring. 

Fail. It ain't about good. It's about elite.

WOW!  I was wrong on some of my predictions but right on some of my predictions.

I gave the Pats a barely 55% chance of winning this game.

I predicted the Pats win 28 to 24 or 28 to 27.  Was close.

I predicted neither team would score more than 30 points.  Wrong on that.

I predicted both Smith's would be shut down.  I was wrong.  Steve Smith had a decent game.  On some plays he out played Revis.  This might have been Revis' worse game since the week 1 loss to the Dolphins.

I predicted Browner would play the whole game.  I was wrong.  I predicted Browner would get 2 to 3 penalties.  Well I think he only got one.  But it was a big one.

Torrey Smith was a factor because of Browner.  If you noticed after Browner left with an injury Torrey was covered better by Logan Ryan and double teamed.

I won't lie and say I am not a little disappointed but overall nothing to hang our heads about. I am glad we made the post-season. We had some very exciting football for Baltimore in January. With all the major injuries we had, I can live with the end results because our future is still bright.

It's true that Flacco isn't without blame, but the defense is the reason why we lost.

Yes, yes. 90% why we lost. BUT Joe pulls that out and he is 100% why we would have won. That is my point about this, regardless of whether people's emotions will allow them to see this clearly.

Stop blaming Flacco name a QB that played the Pats this well this year they were just more talented. This loss falls on Newsome and DeCosta more than anyone else for failing to provide the team with viable players in the secondary

I think the biggest play of the day was Daniels drop in the endzone. If he catches that ball we just run down the clock and kick the FG to win the game if not we go to overtime.

So is yours!!!

Sorry, but I see Flacco for what he is not for what I want him to be. If you see him differently, that's cool but don't try to exert your opinion onto me.

I have no agenda with Flacco, anyone here can tell you that.

You, on the other hand, were gleefully waiting for him to make a mistake. 31 points later, here you are.

Fail. It ain't about good. It's about elite.

I guess Brady is Elite and Manning both lost in the super bowl but both won one  so are they elite. This is not Madden or fantasy land. Joe played a great game. Keep on hating Why dont you go cheer for the Patriots they Won tonight or hey better yet Big Ben fits you better go put on the Black and yellow.

Yes.... you can say that Joe blew it with that last interception....Or..... You could put your glasses on and see that Melvin, Levine, Elam, & Webb should be cut immediately!   If they work real hard, lie about their ages, and wear disguises, they might just be able to play on a high school JV team!

The Patriots should give Melvin the game ball and make him their team MVP!  As much as I love the Ravens, and as bad as I feel for some of the players, I still believe that the front office deserved this loss! Now, maybe.....just maybe... they'll think about picking up some corners, safety's, and receivers! And again, just maybe they'll finally kick Tory Smith to the curb!  Way to jump and go after that last INT! Great job standing there and watching it unfold! I hope he didn't break a finger nail in the process!

Dumb penalties by both teams.  This game for the most part was called fair by the refs.

And this game should put a stop to the conspiracies that the Pats got the refs on their side.  Refs called Revis out.  Refs turned the Amendola catch over to an incompletion which was questionable.

This was an unusual wreckless game by the Pats with regards to the taunting penalty.  Pats are usually more disciplined than that.  But maybe the Ravens did a good job at getting into the heads of the Pats taking them off their game baiting the Pats into those penalties.  This seemed like a very emotional game for both teams.

I guess Brady is Elite and Manning both lost in the super bowl but both won one  so are they elite. This is not Madden or fantasy land. Joe played a great game. Keep on hating Why dont you go cheer for the Patriots they Won tonight or hey better yet Big Ben fits you better go put on the Black and yellow.

Thankfully, I am not the kind of Ravens fan that silences constructive opinions, even if I don't like them. Enjoy the offseason! (And yes, I will still be posting in my purple, hopefully not thinking of you any less than I think of them Squeeler fans. Hopefully.)

Well my brother and sister Raven fans Its time to see how Oz and Co. take care of the draft and some contracts in the off season. KEEP IN MIND  we had 19 or 20 players sent to IR and a couple of corners fired and some off the field problems along with a key suspension and we still had a very productive season. Just saying with that much adversity and getting to where we got be happy This team is built for sure. I honestly dont think anyother team in the post season could have made it as far as our Ravens did.

I think the biggest play of the day was Daniels drop in the endzone. If he catches that ball we just run down the clock and kick the FG to win the game if not we go to overtime.

Yeah. That hurt, but the coverage was pretty good there. Although, he did make the contested one to end the 1st half. I think the biggest issue was the tackling. If you're gonna play zone D, you gotta be able to wrap up and bring the guy down. Way too many missed tackles. 

Just got here so haven't seen that many of the comments:

1) VERY PROUD of this team. Great effort.

2) Looks like we may have some good young O-Lineman coming along!

3) I'm ok with the ending...just glad we dusted those D-Bag Sqealers last week!!!!

Much more positive than negative today but as we figured the Secondary turned out to be our undoing.

Sorry but with the points we scored and having two 14 pt leads I think Pees coached a lousy game.

Brady is basically a wimp who wants to stand there all night and dink-and-dunk with 8 yd. passes. Hell I'm 60 and I could have completed 60% with the cushion they were giving. You have to make them take chances down the field. WAY TOO MUCH CUSHION!

Flacco was great and Kubiak called a great game BUT the last deep pass was a huge mistake EVEN IF IT WAS A TD!

Ravens had the Pats on their heels and Joe had time and was spreading it around. With the time they had you needed to dink-and-dunk and work the clock down. 

Had T.Smith caught it there was WAY TOO MUCH TIME left especially since a FG ties it.

Too bad...great effort just a little short

All said and done I will take it.

19 players on IR,  8 starters and 7 from our secondary. 
I was shocked we made the post season any way. 

This year, we simply were not the best AFC team.

We were not the best in the NFL.

I am way bummed, super disappointed, but still holding my head up high.
Proud of my team.  Job well done Ravens team and coaches.

I'm very glad to hear that Steve Smith is coming back!  I just hope that the "all knowing (aka know it all)" ozzy, finally lets tory smith go and picks up a receiver that mirrors the talents, intensity, & passion of Steve Smith.  We need another receiver that attacks the ball when it's up for grabs, not another tory smith who puts his arms out and hopes it lands there!  Obviously we need Jimmy Smith back, and let the remaining DBs go! We need a "Kam Chancellor"/"Bernard Pollard" type SS, and we need to find the next "Ed Reed" FS, as it sure is hell isn't Elam!

Also, does anyone know if Pitta will return to football/ravens?  His return would be huge for Joe & Steve Smith!

P.S.  When Brady was busy last week restructuring his contract, I wonder if he designated a small chunk to go to Rashad Melvin?  I hope so, becuae melvin definitely earned it last night!!

Pool pics are shelved for 8 or 9 months now. There will always be next year!

Best season yet for them.  You were on point, well done.

Best season yet for them. You were on point, well done.

Thanks. I thought the Brady/Pats one did it for us...oh well.

Thanks. I thought the Brady/Pats one did it for us...oh well.

Using Brady's house was a great touch.  He didn't take very kindly to it though.

Using Brady's house was a great touch.  He didn't take very kindly to it though.

Yeah, you're right. There was a ton of bird crap in the pool.