Ravens at Browns      Game Rewind   

Photo

How much would a Super Bowl mean to you?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Pretty curious at how bad people want another Super Bowl.  Obviously if we could take the Super Bowl we would, but how excited would you be?  As much as I want to see us win I don't think I could ever get back to 2012 level of excitement.

That Super Bowl meant so much.  5 straight appearances along with 2 AFC Championships before we made the playoffs in 2012.  Heartbreaker after heartbreaker in those 5 years.  The loss of Art Modell.  Ray retiring after the season and getting him his 2nd ring, getting Ed Reed his first.  That 2012 year meant so much for this team.  

A win this year wouldn't have even half the story lines.  The only real thing we would get would be validation.  Finally get some amount of respect from everyone.  Personally, just making it back to the playoffs and getting one win would make me happy.  As much as I want a Super Bowl, I don't want it nearly as bad as I did in 2012.

What do you think?

2yno6dx.png

#2 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

I get what you're saying, and surprisingly agree with it despite my initial objection to the idea of storylines having to do anything with it.

I want it mainly because it would officially make us a dynasty -- 6 playoff appearances, 4 AFCCG and two SB in a seven year period.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#3 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

I really want to win as many titles as possible of course, but a playoff appearance and falling just short of the SB wouldn't kill me this year, not like it did before 2012.  The one thing I never want is for us to lose in a SB.

#4 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

I get what you're saying, and surprisingly agree with it despite my initial objection to the idea of storylines having to do anything with it.

I want it mainly because it would officially make us a dynasty -- 6 playoff appearances, 4 AFCCG and two SB in a seven year period.

Need 3 rings in a window to be considered a dynasty I believe.

#5 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,023 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

2012 was the only I'd experienced as a fan, I was too young and uninterested in 2000 (became a fan in 2004-2005).

And, you're right, that was a pinnacle of all the things coming together at the right time with the overtone of 'never being able to win the big one' clouding Harbaugh and Flacco's successes.

However, I'd like to believe the next one will mean just as much. I love the team, I root for the laundry as they say, and I'd be just as happy for the 2014 Ravens as I would be for the 2012, 2000, 2006, etc... It's a long season, each season, even for fans. We're invested from the first kickoff to the final whistle.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

Another one would get the haters to shut up.. And I can't ignore all of them.... So a lot so I don't blow my ear drums out

#7 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,595 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

Another one would get the haters to shut up.. And I can't ignore all of them.... So a lot so I don't blow my ear drums out

I'd say it'd create more haters
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#8 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Which is why the next Super Bowl win would mean so much to me because we would almost be there.

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

I'd say it'd create more haters

It's debatable. But people could no longer call us a fluke is what  I meant. 

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Pretty curious at how bad people want another Super Bowl.  Obviously if we could take the Super Bowl we would, but how excited would you be?  As much as I want to see us win I don't think I could ever get back to 2012 level of excitement.

That Super Bowl meant so much.  5 straight appearances along with 2 AFC Championships before we made the playoffs in 2012.  Heartbreaker after heartbreaker in those 5 years.  The loss of Art Modell.  Ray retiring after the season and getting him his 2nd ring, getting Ed Reed his first.  That 2012 year meant so much for this team.  

A win this year wouldn't have even half the story lines.  The only real thing we would get would be validation.  Finally get some amount of respect from everyone.  Personally, just making it back to the playoffs and getting one win would make me happy.  As much as I want a Super Bowl, I don't want it nearly as bad as I did in 2012.

What do you think?

That's it for me...validation!  Many people have said that since we won that last SB w/Ray Lewis and Ed Reed; now that they are gone...we'll never win another one!  To win a SB 2 years removed from them being on the team would be AWESOME!  Plus, we'd have 3 trophies!  That would give us some SERIOUS bragging rights and the proper respect that the Baltimore Ravens deserve!  Let's go get it!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

would be AMAZING to rub a 3rd ring in the faces of the redskins and raiders fans. skins fans are here in abundance in maryland, im related to a whole half a family of them, and they are delusional fans, they are as bad as the cowboys in terms of bragging about rings that mean nothing, but oddly enough, a member of that half of my family, is a lone raiders fan, and he is about 10x as delusional as the rest of them. 

im on a page on fb called NFL smack talk, and there is a admin named raiderdave, and wow, just wow, see this guys posts, what a solid representation of their whole fanbase, to have as many rings as those 2 teams in less than 20 years of existence, AHHHH it would be amazing, i would buy mass amounts of replicas of all 3 rings and wait for a skins or raiders fans to mention 3 rings, then i will violently pelt them with the rings. 

end of rant. sorry, i am just really annoyed by those 2 fanbases, and they just happen to be the 2 franchises that are only 1 ring up on us.

#12 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

in regards to flynismos comment, if we were to win a SB this year, and no other team wins multiple super bowls until the 2020's, we would be the dynasty of the 2010's decade, our consistent contention and playoff success of the late 2000's/early 2010's is only comparable to brady/peyton, but neither have won the big one in that stretch, so unless brady or peyton wins multiple super bowls in the next 6 seasons, (or unless seattle goes on to dominate and win more rings) then there would be no other team you could even consider for the dynasty of this decade. 

now whether or not we can win another super bowl in this decade is definitely up for debate, but its possible, id say more possible than brady or peyton winning 2 or more in this decade.

#13 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,604 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Nothing will ever top the first one for me. Not only was it such an unlikely thing to happen, I was actually able to be there for it.
15fqib6.jpg

#14 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

This last one will never be topped for me. On top of all the items/storylines you mentioned, 2/3 is my birthday and boy was it awesome being in NO for it all.

BUT I will take as many as the Ravens wanna win and will likely act like a little high school girl each and every time!
Posted Image

#15 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

I literally just finished re-watching old youtube videos from the Superbowl run two years ago...and that was before I saw this thread...

Theres only one word I can describe that run with...magical.

With 40 secs left in the Denver game...I thought we were done...over...u name it...

3 weeks later me and my family were in downtown Baltimore literally 10 ft away from the Great Ray Lewis.

I pity the sports clubs around the nation in any sport that have never had the chance to feel that..

Id love to feel all of that again.

#16 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

My idea going forward into the upcomming 2014 season isnt really 'Superbowl or bust'.   Its more like "how is CJ mosley, the new scheme going to be like on game 1?"  

I think as soon as we smell success we'll start gathering our thoughts toward Superbowl.  For now, most fans are thinking about game #1 and how individual new pieces are going to perform.   

Really its such a new team, no one really knows what to expect.  This team feels a lot like the 2008 team to me.

Superbowl teams comes out a winner in so many different ways.  I don't expect this team to be a 2000 SB team or a 2012 SB team.  We'll find out who this team is at 2014, and find their identity soon enough..

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 04 September 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#17 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

Yep, I agree with that. The last Superbowl just meant too much, there was just so many factors involved. Playoff losses to the Steelers ... 2 straight AFC championship games .. The missed field goal that was just crushing. Knowing our team for 5 years straight was good enough to win it all multiple times. We lose Ray and Webb early in the year .. stumble into the playoffs. Ray announces he's done after the year.

It was just a crazy ride as a Ravens fan, it was almost like a movie script. Nothing will ever come close to the series of events that unfolded over that period of time. 

#18 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

Flacco quarterbacking his team to 3 SB titles, would make him a first ballot HoFer. Heath Evans might have to commit suicide, if that ever happens. :D

Edited by PolishRifle, 04 September 2014 - 07:12 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#19 darklight1216

darklight1216

Sith Lord

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

You play to win THE game. You don't just play to play. You play to win the game.

For me, it would be nice to strut around on my high horse in front of all of the fans of other teams. And it would be even more ammunition against the Flacco haters specifically.

EdReedTrain.png

#20 Rav'n Maniac

Rav'n Maniac

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Reaching and winning another SB this season would be very special. The thought of us being considered a dynasty would bring excitement beyond words.

For me, I truly want to see us have the kind of season that would make us legendary. Undefeated at home, locking up the division with enough road wins that leaves us unquestionably the number one seed. Having the road to the championship and then the SB come through Baltimore.

What that would mean to this fan, this fan base, to the city and state would be surreal. Greatness achieved.

I've always had lofty goals. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users