11 replies to this topic

#1 Mount-Cody

Mount-Cody

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Once again a undrafted LB makes the Ravens roster through hard work and determination. He was great in college (http://www.meangreen...orr_847338.html) stats here. He's a leader, hard worker, hits anything that moves, he's just a all around great person and football player. Here's some highlights I found of him.

RayLewisSignature_zpsd577cf7a.jpg

#2 RavensDE

RavensDE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

This was the shocker of the roster. I pride myself on knowing just about every player on our roster from mini camp to seasons end and I'd never heard of this guy.

Loved that second video. It appears he has it from the neck up and had the upbringing of high expectations. I'm excited. Looks like he has a lot of upside mentally as well as physically.

#3 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

star special teams player?

#4 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

can't really tell much from that highlight, but he looks like he breaks down well, and he's got good length.  He did catch my eye a little against the saints.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#5 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

Truth be told, earlier today was the first time I heard of this dude. Didn't follow TC or preseason as closely this year as I would've liked to. I thought he & Nigel Carr were the same person for some reason lol.

What's to know on him? Great vs the Pass? Vs the run? Special Teams? Versatility? What's his speciality?

#6 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

Truth be told, earlier today was the first time I heard of this dude. Didn't follow TC or preseason as closely this year as I would've liked to. I thought he & Nigel Carr were the same person for some reason lol.

What's to know on him? Great vs the Pass? Vs the run? Special Teams? Versatility? What's his speciality?

With what tiny info I had to work with I've put together a shoddy profile indicating he has nice top speed for a linebacker but not as good acceleration, can tackle well and hard hitting, can rush the passer and is "hard to run off" and has potential to grow, nothing on his pass coverage ability at all. Seems like a more physically gifted/younger version of McClellan. A special teams ace for sure is what he sounds like to me. All of this is put together using very loose online sources. I haven't heard or seen much from around here about him though. 

Edited by 5aiah, 02 September 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#7 hn68wb4

hn68wb4

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

he was the UDFA that i was really pulling for, i never thought he would make the roster because i never really heard anything from him during TC and preseason. I was surprised that he made the roster but i thought (i really looked him up after he was signed as an UDFA, before that i had heard of him before but in passing from a friend of mine, so i really didnt knwo anything about him) after watching that video that you posted right after he was signed that he just felt like a Raven and i don't say that about a lot of guys. He's got potential as a rotational piece and a STer because he likes to hit and he's smart, plus he's high character and is humble so he's definitely the kind of guy you want on the roster.

#8 Mount-Cody

Mount-Cody

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:03 AM

he was the UDFA that i was really pulling for, i never thought he would make the roster because i never really heard anything from him during TC and preseason. I was surprised that he made the roster but i thought (i really looked him up after he was signed as an UDFA, before that i had heard of him before but in passing from a friend of mine, so i really didnt knwo anything about him) after watching that video that you posted right after he was signed that he just felt like a Raven and i don't say that about a lot of guys. He's got potential as a rotational piece and a STer because he likes to hit and he's smart, plus he's high character and is humble so he's definitely the kind of guy you want on the roster.

He just seems like the Raven type.

RayLewisSignature_zpsd577cf7a.jpg

#9 KBoum

KBoum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

ST ace to help the losses of BA and Graham on coverage duties. DIdnt heard much of him during TC. Harbs had nice words for him yesterday in his presser.

Can't wait to watch him

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

I'll be looking for him on ST, if he's suited up to be active. Also, he's changed his number from 45 to 54.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,643 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Going off his collegiate stats, it seems he's mainly a heat seeking tackle machine. Better against the run than the pass, from what I've gathered.

That's probably what dropped him. He's a tackle machine, but he's raw in coverage, I'm guessing. For us, he'll be a ST ace.

Edited by The Raven, 03 September 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#12 Blackbirds Rule

Blackbirds Rule

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

I'm looking forward to watching him as well

post-53455-0-40820000-1365601474_thumb.j

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users