757RavensFan

Predict the Ravens' record

86 posts in this topic

The 53 players are pretty much set and the season starts in 2 days, so what's your prediction on their record this season?

I'm gonna go with a respectable 10-6 with a 4-2 division record.

10-6 sounds about right.

Without looking too closely at the schedule I know the Ravens should be at minimum a 9-7 team. There is little doubt we are a better team than the one that went 8-8 last year and we get to play a 3rd place schedule this year.

Meanwhile the Bengals should come back a bit since they play a first place schedule that includes the Patriots and Broncos.

maybe I am a homer but if we play decent I see 3 maybe 4 losses away is,cincy,pitt and the saints,I think the bucs are allot better than given credit ( QB issue) the colts are good but are in a bad div,which means if you hit them hard they will fall,although coach pagano will have payback on his mind along with beating his old team in his house,the chargers will have a long stretch starting a week before us,and lastly I am scared of atlanta WR,they are good but we should not fear them,cause of their defense and a week line,,so again maybe I am a homer but I really only see 3/4 losses,cincy,pitt,saints and the colts,who do you all see us loosing to,, 

Looking at the schedule, I don't really see any games our team can't win if they are out there executing right all game. But perfection is unrealistic so I see an 11-5 record. The Bengals first place schedule I think lets us leapfrog them for the division.

It depends how they do in the first 2 games because that will set the tone for the year. The whole division is very competitive so a

9-7 is what I will predict but 10-6 can be reached as well.

Long season, anything can happen.

vs. Bengals - W

vs. steelers - W

@ Browns - W

vs. Panthers - W

@ Colts - L

@ Buccaneers - W

vs. Falcons - W

@ Bengals - L

@ steelers - L

vs. Titans - W

bye

@ Saints - W

vs. Chargers - W

@ Dolphins - W

vs. Jaguars - W

@ Texans - W

vs. Browns - W

13-3 anyone?  Puts us in the top three seeds.

Depending on whether we begin 3-1 or 1-3, we should finish 10-6 or 9-7.

If we get off to to 3-1 or 4-0 start I'm saying minimum of 12 wins if the team stays healthy.

If they win the first couple of games, they will go 11-5. However, if they lose the first 2 then they will go 8-8 again...

If we get off to to 3-1 or 4-0 start I'm saying minimum of 12 wins if the team stays healthy.

You are much more optimistic than I. There's a reason the pundits have us middle of the pack or slightly better. We have improved but we are not 3~4 games better than last year. One game better for sure, 2 maybe//probably but 11 wins is a real long-shot. Many of our own supporters believe we'll win the first 2 and lose to Cleveland. Whatever happens in the first 2 games, and admittedly we struggle on the road, we still have 10 days to prepare for a QB-WR deprived Cleveland. How can peeps believe we'll beat Cincy & Pitt and lose to Cleveland? Boggles my mind.

In any event, I think 10-6 makes the playoffs.

Go Ravens

Edited by Bruce_Almty

are you kissing that fish or smoking it?

talk about a loaded question lol...was a long night a lot of alcohol was drank, don't judge me!

You are much more optimistic than I. There's a reason the pundits have us middle of the pack or slightly better. We have improved but we are not 3~4 games better than last year. One game better for sure, 2 maybe//probably but 11 wins is a real long-shot. Many of our own supporters believe we'll win the first 2 and lose to Cleveland. Whatever happens in the first 2 games, and admittedly we struggle on the road, we still have 10 days to prepare for a QB-WR deprived Cleveland. How can peeps believe we'll beat Cincy & Pitt and lose to Cleveland? Boggles my mind.

In any event, I think 10-6 makes the playoffs.

Go Ravens

A lot of close games last year.  Did you think the team was that much worse than the SB team the year before?  We have an easier schedule, improved o line, healthy Pitta and a refocused Rice.  We also finally have a real OC and more depth in general on offense, which was the problem.

Anywhere between 13-3 and 9-7. 11-5 sounds about right, gods be good and the winds hold.

A lot of close games last year. Did you think the team was that much worse than the SB team the year before? We have an easier schedule, improved o line, healthy Pitta and a refocused Rice. We also finally have a real OC and more depth in general on offense, which was the problem.

actually I do think 2013 was significantly worse than 2012, but people do tend to forget we also just could not catch a break last year in close games. We could very easily have been 10-6 last year with a little more luck and less choking on both sides of the ball....which even then, we were playing well below what we are capable of.

actually I do think 2013 was significantly worse than 2012, but people do tend to forget we also just could not catch a break last year in close games. We could very easily have been 10-6 last year with a little more luck and less choking on both sides of the ball....which even then, we were playing well below what we are capable of.

I understood the losses on defense, the B word being traded and Pitta getting hurt, but I'm pretty sure no expected the o line to be as bad as it was which to me was the major problem.

Anything could happen, and we could tank this season just like any other team, but barring a slew of injuries this team should win at least 12. Brandon Williams could be our first good NT since Kelly Gregg and Mosley should be the highest impact rookie since Ngata. 

The offense will be the most improved unit in football. We got considerably better at 4 starting positions (LG, C, Wr2, TE1) and a much better offensive system to go along with it. As a result, our turnovers will be reduced and our redzone offense will be much stronger. 

I think the league overall improved but this team got much better.

Edited by hawkprey