Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavenzOz

Laugh of the Day - NFL QB Situation Rankings

37 posts in this topic

For me, laugh of the day came courtesy of nfl.com (as it often does).  Seeing the Jets, Skins, and the Bengals above us in this list (seriously Bengals at 7 hahha) brought tears of mirth to my eyes.

Seriously I'll never die in a ditch saying our boy is the best out there, but I love the guy, and he's a truckload better than Daywalker Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386682/article/colts-saints-chargers-boast-nfls-top-quarterback-situations

aaah when do nfl.com have their roster cuts ....

For me, laugh of the day came courtesy of nfl.com (as it often does).  Seeing the Jets, Skins, and the Bengals above us in this list (seriously Bengals at 7 hahha) brought tears of mirth to my eyes.

Seriously I'll never die in a ditch saying our boy is the best out there, but I love the guy, and he's a truckload better than Daywalker Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386682/article/colts-saints-chargers-boast-nfls-top-quarterback-situations

aaah when do nfl.com have their roster cuts ....

Why do you waste your time reading that crap?

It does say "It's hard to poke holes in Flacco's game, considering his resume includes a Superb Owl MVP award and a 62-34 regular-season record". I think the ranking was more about Tyrod. Sure it means they put too much stock in the backup, but still.

Bucky Brooks next column: Ranking NFL's best practice porta-potty situation (Insider Access)

The whole premise is flawed, who says a soon-to-be 39 year old Matt Hasselbeck can even get to the huddle without his cane and his 'seeing glasses'

Potentially the worst article on NFL.com that I've ever seen, they need to consider a screening process for such garbage. 

To avoid confusion, they should rename the article to "Best backups in the NFL", since clearly this is what they are really ranking

Its not the bad. Its just his opinion of taking Q1 and Q2 and averaging them out. Probably not far off, honestly.

Honestly don't think I could put ravens any higher than 13...

Tyrod has shown nothing so how are we going to have one of the best QB groups in the league?

Come on now

I was going to stay out of this one, but 'cmon Mili, even the worst sportswriter wouldn't rank 15 QBs above Joe.  There's no question that it's his view of Ty that brought the Team's QB ranking down so low.

If you look...you'll see that I deleted that post prior to your quoting it Tank!  However, that article DID mention Joe's inconsistencies for his not being labeled an "elite" QB.  That has nothing to do with Tyrod I don't think!

#Mili

If I never read another Bucky Brookes article again in my life it would still be too soon.

Well said lol

If you look...you'll see that I deleted that post prior to your quoting it Tank!  However, that article DID mention Joe's inconsistencies for his not being labeled an "elite" QB.  That has nothing to do with Tyrod I don't think!

#Mili

OK.....lol......sorry mili. deleted mine as well.

To be hones that ranking seems about right. The only team I question is the Chiefs. Joe's probably even with most of the starters listed ahead of him such as Newton and Ryan but Tyrod as the backup really drags him down.

I think it's a pretty fair ranking as many have said. I question osweiler not dragging the broncos down further. Other than that it's pretty fair. I don't really read too many nfl.com articles. Their pretty fluffy. But I like the brooks/Daniel Jeremiah podcast.

It's a tough thing to ran tbh, given the quality of a backup can mean either everything (ask the Packers) or nothing (ask Joe *touches wood*) depending on QB health, which is pretty much impossible to predict.

I think the top 3 criteria for this list are:

1) How good is the starter

2) How likely is the starter to play every game this season

3) How good is the backup

Good starter w/ high likelihood to play every game = high on the list.

Good starter w/ good backup = high on the list.

Ravens have (in the NFL's eyes) a decent starter, who is decently likely to start every game (but after the beating he took last year, even though his track record says he's never missed a start, these guys probably think there's a decent chance he could get knocked out of the season at some point), and we have a sub-par backup (they even say in this article that Taylor is OK as a gadget for us, but is unproven and unsure whether he can be a good starter if Flacco goes down).

I guess it's an expected placement on the list given how we know the NFL views all of those qualities about our QB situation right now.

Why do you waste your time reading that crap?

Same reason you would watch a Ben Stiller movie. Its good for a couple of mild laughs.

This ranking of all 32 NFL starting QBs is a little less of a laugher. What do you think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000388688/article/quarterback-index-ranking-the-starters-132

Looks reasonable to me; of course, flip-flopping a couple of players wouldn't really change the rankings.

Any list that puts Flacco at #16 is worthless -- even more so when this is the justification:

"Flacco showed that he can't carry a truly terrible offense."

Any list that puts Flacco at #16 is worthless -- even more so when this is the justification:

Where would you put him? Top 4? Top 10? He's average Joe Flacco.

Where would you put him? Top 4? Top 10? He's average Joe Flacco.

Yes, clearly he is a mediocre QB. I will not waste your time convincing you otherwise.

Yes, clearly he is a mediocre QB. I will not waste your time convincing you otherwise.

I don't know if I'd go as low as you and call him mediocre. After all, he is our franchise QB and better than half of all NFL starters.

The whole list is garbage, but I did like the whole Dalton tier

The Flacco cares not where others rank him. Let them recant after the 2014 season.

It's Gregg Rosenthal who has a large hand in making nfl.com the crap it has become.

He's a PFT disciple so that's the unpleasant taste you get in your mouth after reading his trash articles. I'll just leave his best work from 2012 here:

- Rex Ryan, Jim Schwartz, and Dennis Allen rated above John Harbaugh and Pete Carroll.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000053089/article/nfl-head-coach-power-rankings

I don't know if I'd go as low as you and call him mediocre. After all, he is our franchise QB and better than half of all NFL starters.

You called him average. A synonym for average is...wait for it....mediocre. Average, mediocre; either way it is a dumb opinion, but I'm not going to debate over it.

The whole list is garbage, but I did like the whole Dalton tier

Yeah that was the one redeeming snippet from an otherwise idiotic list.

Yeah that was the one redeeming snippet from an otherwise idiotic list.

I will never understand the hype around Wilson. They knock Joe for not being able to carry a crappy offense (maybe one or two quarterbacks could), but heap praise onto Kaep and Wilson for doing well while being asked to do very little