11 replies to this topic

#1 DomMcRaven

DomMcRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Here is a link (http://www.nfl.com/n...oncos-will-roll) of a number of analysts giving out their predictions for each division. Two of them picked us to win the division, while four picked the Bengals and five picked the Steelers. A few others also picked us to win a wildcard.

Your thoughts?

#2 ludy51

ludy51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Why do people keep saying the steelers will bounce back? They aren't very good.

#3 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,676 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Who cares. Nfl.com is rarely right.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#4 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

Who cares. Nfl.com is rarely right.

Agreed. Their articles for the last few years have been absolutely terrible. I don't even waste my time looking at their site anymore. It's like they have college students writing for them or something...

#5 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,888 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

There are more bandwagon Steelers fans out there than Carter has liver pills. If the Steelers even have a remote chance of winning the division, the guru's are going to pick them because it makes all those fans feel good and they become popular with the crowd. It has nothing to do with logic, accountability, or reason.

Edited by cobrajet, 01 September 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#6 Stone

Stone

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Yup! Even here in Houston the squeeler fans are a dime a dozen. They have quite a few clubs as well all over the greater Houston area. I go to NFL.com on occasion but never watch unless of course theirs a game on. I avoid espn as well. Just stick with the "Ravens" news sites.

#7 hn68wb4

hn68wb4

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

I've seen a bunch of people picking the Steelers to win the division and be the main competition to NE and Denver, i just simply don't get what they are seeing

Awful secondary on Defense, an OK FS, a SS who is always injured and hasnt been nearly as good the past two years as he used to be, two old CBs in their top 3, no depth beyond those three (Gay and Taylor aren't particularly fantastic anymore either)

There Dline is a mix of rookies and old guys, nobody in the middle to hold down the position

bad WR corps outside Brown, i mean come on their #2 is Heyward-Bey

a QB who can't stay healthy, their 2 very good RB will probably get suspended for being idiots, without them they won't win

They can't even count on Miller at TE to stay healthy, their oline is questionable at best

Where is the good team that everyone is seeing?

#8 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

There are more bandwagon Steelers fans our there than Carter has liver pills. If the Steelers even have a remote chance of winning the division, the guru's are going to pick them because it makes all those fans feel good and they become popular with the crowd. It has nothing to do with logic, accountability, or reason.

Actually that is not completely true. Logically if they want more hits/readers of their site than pumping up the miserable Steelers makes sense. As you pointed out they do have a huge bandwagon of fans. It makes no sense if they are trying to accurately predict the winners, but obviously they are not. I guess they gain little for making accurate predictions.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#9 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

I think a lot of the analysts are picking the squealers because they aren't really confident in the Bengals...  yet aren't sure the Ravens are going to come out of the box fast...  Truth is???  You just cannot deny the changes and improvements we have made this offseason...  SI magazine has the Ravens winning the Division.  They are the only ones I have seen so far.

117hd79.jpg

#10 Static

Static

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Bleacher Report has up #10 and better then every other AFC NORTH team in preseason rankings so there is that.

Bodybuilder , Rugby Player , and Diehard fan. 

#TeamBrooks!!

#11 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Not that I necessarily disagree. But NFL.com articles are [crap]e. They're just fluff pieces.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#12 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

I just don't see it with the steelers, I think we should beat them handily both games. Their roster isn't good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users