5 replies to this topic

#1 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'm looking for some good value late round picks. So far I've come up with Allen Hurns and Carlos Hyde. Need some help folks. Sleepers are what I'm looking for mostly. Hurns fits the bill.

This draft is between myself and guys from my unit that we deployed with last year. This is a way to keep us in touch

Edited by Purple Punishment, 31 August 2014 - 04:56 PM.

"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,824 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Is it a ppr or standard?  Since you are including Hyde, I will look at beyond him.  

Hurns would be extremely deep.  Shorts will be back, and Lee will get his playing time.  But more importantly the Jags will be relying on a run heavy offense and a average arm (Henne).  

Cody Latimer - Sounds like it might be hard for Denver to keep this guy off the field.  He should see some redzone packages in their offense.  He's one injury away from a huge role in an offensive juggernaut.  

John Brown - Could play up to 60% of snaps in Arizona's passing offense

Aaron Dobson - Currently is going late but could slide into the deep role for the Patriots quickly.  

Seferian-Jenkins - They traded Wright, so they must be liking what they have in ASJ.  The Bucs could suprise people with their offense now that they are working on that line.  

Travis Kelce - If the Chiefs were smart they'd get the ball in the hands of this playmaker and get Fasano off the field. 

Isaiah Cromwell (real deep) - West hasn't done much in PS, and Tate has injury concerns.  Isiah has been explosive in pre-season and plays on a run-heavy offense.

There are a few.  

Edited by PuRock, 31 August 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

I wouldn't touch Latimer.  Peyton has never had a 'red zone guy' before in his offense, and he's not going to magically start this season.  If Welker is out for a bit he'll see some time, maybe, but receivers are 3 down players with Peyton.

#4 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Jeremy Hill, RB - He is going to get his touches in the Bengals offense including goal line work now that BJGE is gone.

Justin Hunter, WR - Hear he is having a really good preseason and is very talented, Kendall Wright should be watched as well

Richard Rodgers, TE - Very Very deep here but he is probably going to start and catching passes from Rodgers is always a plus

Jarrett Boykin, WR - See above point about Rodgers although not as deep a sleeper

Timothy Wright, TE - Pats liked him enough to get rid of Mankins for him, could be their new MOVE to compliment Gronk

Hyde is a good one to keep around with the injuries with the other RBs in San Fran and the fact that they may want to keep Gore fresh. Hurns is very deep but he is talented and could certainly make a fantasy impact.

In Ozzie We Trust

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,824 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

I wouldn't touch Latimer.  Peyton has never had a 'red zone guy' before in his offense, and he's not going to magically start this season.  If Welker is out for a bit he'll see some time, maybe, but receivers are 3 down players with Peyton.

I'm only looking at Latimer as a super deep sleeper.  Wouldn't draft him unless its a deep league or deep benches.  Considering the guys that he usually goes undrafted with, I'd take the higher upside play with Latimer.  He's shown well in PS and the Broncos beat reporters believe there will be a role.  Plus he plays behind guys with injury risk (Welker, Julius Thomas, Sanders).     

I like him better than the aforementioned Allen Hurns.  

Posted Image

#6 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

I had an eye on Jeremy Hill and Devonta Freeman (really liked him out of college and there's no way Jackson stays healthy for the year) but got they both got sniped within two picks of when I wanted them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users