FastEddie

Start/Sit/Trades

334 posts in this topic

Need some advice on my fantasy team. Kicking myself after I made this pick, however it came down to the wire and I thought it was a good bargain grab for Welker when I got him, instead of taking Pitta.

Should I trade Cordalle Paterson & Antonio Gates for Pitta and Kelvin Benjamin?

My Team (10 person):

QB- Nick Foles

WR- Julio Jones

WR- Cordalle Patterson

RB- Matt Forte

RB- Arian Foster

WR/TE- Rob Gronkoski

Bench

C. Johnson

B. Cooks

M. Jones

A. Gates

M. Wheaton

I would not make that trade.  I wouldn't want any part of Benjamin this year.  He is a raw rookie.  yes Pitta could be a bit of an upgrade over Gates.  While I am not the biggest fan of Patterson, he has a lot higher ceiling than Benjamin this year and lower floor.  What was your point about Welker?  Is he on your team as well?

Yeah, Benjamin is probably Carolina's WR1 and apparently had a nice preseason, but I see his (honestly kinda optimistic) ceiling as a Demariyus Thomas lite and his floor as more like a Greg Little, Stephen Hill or Jon Baldwin. And that ceiling will take time to reach, so if you're not in a keeper league I wouldn't touch that trade.

Welker should still be solid this year. If anything though, I'd be looking for RBs. Foster and Forte are both a bit sketchy because of age and injuries imo - not bad guys to have but depending on your scoring system, will probably need to have guys on the bench in case they get dinged up.

Who should I start at flex?

QB: Nick Foles (vs Jax)

WR: Calvin Johnson (vs NYG)

WR:Brandon Marshall (vs Buffalo) 

WR: DeMaryius Thomas (vs Indy)

RB: Alfred Morris (@ Hou)

RB: Doug Martin (vs Panthers)

TE: Jason Witten (vs SF)

Flex:???

Options:
Marques Colston (WR) (@ ATL), Andre Ellington (RB) (vs San Diego)

Would you make any other changes?

Bench:

Fred Jackson, RB (@ CHI) | Kelvin Benjamin, WR (@ TB) | Cecil Shorts, WR (@ PHI) | Greg Jennings, WR (@ STL) | Martellus Bennett, TE (vs Buffalo) | Mark Ingram, RB (@ ATL) | Jared Cook, TE (vs MIN) | Andrew Hawkins, WR (@ PIT) | Tim Wright, TE (@ Miami) | Andy Dalton, QB (@ Bal)

Please let me know what I should do, I am most torn at the flex spot

Edited by NFLfan123

Who should I start at flex?

QB: Nick Foles

WR: Calvin Johnson

WR:Brandon Marshall

WR: DeMaryius Thomas

RB: Alfred Morris

RB: Doug Martin

TE: Jason Witten

Flex:???

Options:

Marques Colston (WR), Andre Ellington (RB)

Would you make any other changes?

Bench:

Fred Jackson, RB | Kelvin Benjamin, WR | Cecil Shorts, WR | Greg Jennings (WR) | Martellus Bennett, TE | Mark Ingram, RB | Jared Cook, TE | Andrew Hawkins, WR | Tim Wright, TE | Andy Dalton, QB

Please let me know what I should do, I am most torn at the flex spot

Post their match ups

You have several good options but I TBI k I would go with colston against what looks to be a poor Atlanta D. I assume Dalton is not an option?

You have several good options but I TBI k I would go with colston against what looks to be a poor Atlanta D. I assume Dalton is not an option?

No, flex is W/R/T

I think it boils down to Colston or Ellington, but seeing as Atlanta has a poor LB core I feel Graham and Cooks will see the ball more.

No, flex is W/R/T

I think it boils down to Colston or Ellington, but seeing as Atlanta has a poor LB core I feel Graham and Cooks will see the ball more.

Graham is going to get his regardless. Colston will be Bree's next target.

I just need advise for flex. Would you start:

Roddy White vs. NO

Golden Tate vs. NYG

Pierre Thomas vs. ATL

Joique Bell vs. NYG

I just need advise for flex. Would you start:

Roddy White vs. NO

Golden Tate vs. NYG

Pierre Thomas vs. ATL

Joique Bell vs. NYG

PER or no?

Has to be roddy. He's the for sure number one tRget in a good offense. The others are a bit cloudy for a week one start.

Auto correct. I'd go Roddy

Has to be roddy. He's the for sure number one tRget in a good offense. The others are a bit cloudy for a week one start.

Ya I was debating between him and Golden Tate, going to go with Roddy White since I was leaning towards him. Thanks for the advice!

Ya I was debating between him and Golden Tate, going to go with Roddy White since I was leaning towards him. Thanks for the advice!

The Giants actually have a very legit secondary and it still remains to be seen if anyone can honestly compete with Megatron to assert themselves as a viable fantasy threat across from him.

Should i start Tom Brady Week 1 over Matthew Stafford? Stafford is projected to get more points but I feel Brady is gonna light up Miami.

Should i start Tom Brady Week 1 over Matthew Stafford? Stafford is projected to get more points but I feel Brady is gonna light up Miami.

I like Stafford because of the matchups. Miami has a pretty strong defense that gets after the QB. NYG not so much.

I like Stafford because of the matchups. Miami has a pretty strong defense that gets after the QB. NYG not so much.

But the Giants went all out to revamp their secondary and were pretty good with Amukamara and Trumaine McBride before. But then again, Brady doesn't do very well against the Dolphins historically. The second time he faced them last year was probably one of the stronger games he's ever had against him, with the first probably being not so unusual.

But the Giants went all out to revamp their secondary and were pretty good with Amukamara and Trumaine McBride before. But then again, Brady doesn't do very well against the Dolphins historically. The second time he faced them last year was probably one of the stronger games he's ever had against him, with the first probably being not so unusual.

The Giants don't have a good defense at any level.

The Giants don't have a good defense at any level.

Yeah, you're right. Who wants Amukamara, DRC, and Thurmond on the field all at once? Crazy people

Yeah, you're right. Who wants Amukamara, DRC, and Thurmond on the field all at once? Crazy people

Amukamura has been a slightly above average CB. DRC has been incredibly inconsistent for his career, and Thurmond barely generated any interest in FA. He could easily be a product of Seattle's system. Even if they had elite CBs, they have no one to generate a pass-rush outside of JPP, and he is a huge question mark after last year. 

Amukamura has been a slightly above average CB. DRC has been incredibly inconsistent for his career, and Thurmond barely generated any interest in FA. He could easily be a product of Seattle's system. Even if they had elite CBs, they have no one to generate a pass-rush outside of JPP, and he is a huge question mark after last year.

Damontre Moore was looking pretty good and Ayers isn't a bad pass rusher. Plus, Rolle is a good safety and Brown had proven able to make plays when healthy.

Amukamara is definitely one of the better man coverage corners in the NFL. He improved a lot from 2012 to last year. Same with DRC. He was decent in 2011, got better in 2012, and had an amazing year in 2013. Thurmond might very well be a product of the system, but behind him they have McBride and McBride is definitely a solid cover corner.

Say what you will but the Giants look better this year than last year

Oh, and as for Thurmond not being pursued heavily, it certainly could be a system thing, but it could also be due to the fact that he's not the most willing in run support and he's pretty much just a slot corner

Edited by BmoreBird22

Damontre Moore was looking pretty good and Ayers isn't a bad pass rusher. Plus, Rolle is a good safety and Brown had proven able to make plays when healthy.

Amukamara is definitely one of the better man coverage corners in the NFL. He improved a lot from 2012 to last year. Same with DRC. He was decent in 2011, got better in 2012, and had an amazing year in 2013. Thurmond might very well be a product of the system, but behind him they have McBride and McBride is definitely a solid cover corner.

Say what you will but the Giants look better this year than last year

Oh, and as for Thurmond not being pursued heavily, it certainly could be a system thing, but it could also be due to the fact that he's not the most willing in run support and he's pretty much just a slot corner

Still not close to what Miami can do defensively. Damontre Moore has barely played in the NFL and doesn't even have a sack to his name. Their LB corps looks extremely shaky. Even if their secondary is above average, they aren't going to be able to hastle Stafford who has a quality OL and better weapons than Brady.

Who on the NYG is shutting down Megatron? The answer is nobody. Gronk may or may not be 100% for Brady, and he hasn't been nearly the same QB without him. 

It's an easy choice to go with Stafford.

Still not close to what Miami can do defensively. Damontre Moore has barely played in the NFL and doesn't even have a sack to his name. Their LB corps looks extremely shaky. Even if their secondary is above average, they aren't going to be able to hastle Stafford who has a quality OL and better weapons than Brady.

Who on the NYG is shutting down Megatron? The answer is nobody. Gronk may or may not be 100% for Brady, and he hasn't been nearly the same QB without him. 

It's an easy choice to go with Stafford.

No one shuts down Megatron either way, but Stafford was very prone to mistakes. How many turnovers did he have last year? Not as many as Eli, but I know he led the league in fumbles.

I've already acknowledged that Brady doesn't usually play particularly well against the Dolphins, but Brady also had his better game against the Dolphins with the second go round, and that was without Gronk. I mean, yeah, I'd probably take Stafford, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down at the opportunity to pick between the two. I don't think either has that great of a match-up

No one shuts down Megatron either way, but Stafford was very prone to mistakes. How many turnovers did he have last year? Not as many as Eli, but I know he led the league in fumbles.

I've already acknowledged that Brady doesn't usually play particularly well against the Dolphins, but Brady also had his better game against the Dolphins with the second go round, and that was without Gronk. I mean, yeah, I'd probably take Stafford, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down at the opportunity to pick between the two. I don't think either has that great of a match-up

There's a reason Stafford is considered a top 5 fantasy QB, and the matchup is favorable. If he's going against Seattle it's a different story, but NYG have a long ways to go before I'm avoiding them. No reason to sit him for a matchup that you have admiited has been troublesome for Brady.

There's a reason Stafford is considered a top 5 fantasy QB, and the matchup is favorable. If he's going against Seattle it's a different story, but NYG have a long ways to go before I'm avoiding them. No reason to sit him for a matchup that you have admiited has been troublesome for Brady.

I wouldn't take Stafford as a top five option. He gets tons of yards, but his yardage has gone down each year since the breakout year, he hasn't surpassed 30 touchdowns again, and his interception numbers have risen. Not to mention 12 fumbles.

I think Brady is pretty much always a dolphin killer. He owns the dolphins and I would put money their offense is running full speed week one over the dolphins D and the lions O for that matter.

I think stafford will put up good numbers as well so it's a good problem to have.

Edited by ravensdan

I think Brady is pretty much always a dolphin killer. He owns the dolphins and I would put money their offense is running full speed week one over the dolphins D and the lions O for that matter.

Do you know who is starting for the Patriots OL? Check out the interior depth...it's not pretty.

His numbers the past 2 seasons have been pedestrian against the Dolphins averaging 14.5 points, but you clearly want to start Brady so go for it.