Moderator 2

Next Up: Bengals!

341 posts in this topic

My early thoughts is it's a good time to get the bengals. Atkins is nowhere near his dominant strength. I believe the ravens o-line will dominate the bengals D-line. I expect the offense to score fairly easily here. Mostly passing. I expect Steve smith to have a big game with multiple catches.

As for the defense I believe will give up several big gains vs the run. However I expect some good pressure forcing dalton into several mistakes.

I'm excited for this game. I think this is going to be an interesting battle between Whitworth, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, and Smith VS Ngata, Williams and Canty. I haven't watched a ton of Bengals games, but Williams on Bodine is going to be an interesting battle. I'm sure he will get help from Zeitler, but I'm not sure how they can stop that front 3. If you have the RG and C doubling the NT, then that frees up the DT (Ngata) to slide through. I'm not sure that is a good idea, lol. 

Remember the last time we opened against Cincy? Let's do that again.

Anything to cast away the memories of last year's final.

Now, we're going to really see what our "starters" are made of!  Can't wait! 

#Mili

All teams are undefeated.

I love this time of year.

I think the Bengals is a fantastic opener.

A great game to make a statement.

All teams are undefeated.

I love this time of year.

I think the Bengals is a fantastic opener.

A great game to make a statement.

But... I like our shiny 4-0 record. You mean we don't get to keep it lol jk. 

Last time we opened at home against the Bengals... 2012 and we ended up in New Orleans hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Now it's time to go West and end up in Arizona!

Remember the last time we opened against Cincy? Let's do that again.

We were excited about a revamped offence running a lot of no-huddle before that game too iirc.

As I see it, the objectives for this game are:

1) Control the tempo on offence and don't let them dictate rotations

2) Limit AJ Green

3) Put pressure on Andy Lolton - just get close if you can't actually get to him

No reason we can't do all three imo. I love how Kubiak and Joe have been able to adjust to the game during preseason and I think our RB committee sans Rice will be fine. As much as people criticise Pees, limiting quality WR1s has been one of our defensive trademarks and I think Jimmy makes a quiet start to the season (which is exactly what you want from him because it means AJ's probably not doing a whole lot either). On the third point, I still love our DL and think we'll have a lot of fun with constant four-man rushes and added LB blitzes.

Most importantly, we're at home and I think our crew from last year took their disappointing season as a personal failure. Shame I can't watch it live, but that's the first thing I'm doing when I get home that day. Our undefeated run begins. :D

Hopeful and apprehensive describes me going into the first few games. On paper we look good but so do Cincy and Pittsburgh and Cleveland. It would be so great to start 3-0 cuz I know we'll get better as the season progresses.

Go Ravens

Bengals are starting a 4th rookie Center. Outside of Whitworth I'm not impressed either. Expect Dalton to be under fire. Especially his right side.

Match-ups to watch:

Williams vs Bodine

Mosley vs Benard

I think we will win but A.J. Green is going to torch us. How is Webb and Jimmy doing health wise??

Last time AJ played here he got shutdown by Jimmy, and when we went to Cincinnati he only caught 1 TD on Elam due to blown coverage. If Webb and Jimmy are playing we'll win.

Bengals are starting a 4th rookie Center. Outside of Whitworth I'm not impressed either. Expect Dalton to be under fire. Especially his right side.

Match-ups to watch:

Williams vs Bodine

Mosley vs Benard

Well, that OL has a lot of potential. Don't underestimate it. Whitworth is an older LT (32, 33 in December) and it is possible he could be nearing the end of his career. Zeitler is probably their best OL, honestly. He's a great RG. Andre Smith is a good RT but he's injured quite a bit and had a bad year last year, comparatively speaking, to his other years. He could improve. Boling is probably the weakest link on that OL at LG next to Bodine, the rookie C. I think Bodine will get abused in this game, because he is going against Williams and Ngata, and that doesn't spell well for any center let alone a rookie. 

Cincinnati has looked like the team to beat in the division durin preseason. This game will be tough.

Cincinnati has looked like the team to beat in the division durin preseason. This game will be tough.

Their secondary is just dangerous and they speed on the outside. I like that fact that we now have so many weapons on offense that we'll finally be unpredictable. We should be able to score on teams this year.

My early thoughts is it's a good time to get the bengals. Atkins is nowhere near his dominant strength. I believe the ravens o-line will dominate the bengals D-line. I expect the offense to score fairly easily here. Mostly passing. I expect Steve smith to have a big game with multiple catches.

As for the defense I believe will give up several big gains vs the run. However I expect some good pressure forcing dalton into several mistakes.

I'm expecting a bit of an adjustment period for our offense.  Our success will come from how well our run game is.  I'd give it up to 4-5 weeks before we really start to see Flacco opening up.

I'm expecting a bit of an adjustment period for our offense.  Our success will come from how well our run game is.  I'd give it up to 4-5 weeks before we really start to see Flacco opening up.

Flacco and the offense better be firing on all cylinders from the gitgo or we'll be constantly playing from behind. League rules favor the offense,,,we can not flitter our opportunities away.

Bengals cut Benjarvus Green Ellis today. I guess Hill and Bernard are going to be their feature backs.

Interesting!

#Mili

Flacco and the offense better be firing on all cylinders from the gitgo or we'll be constantly playing from behind. League rules favor the offense,,,we can not flitter our opportunities away.

I just don't find it realistic that our offense will be at 100% when we start the season.  Looking at a lot of teams that changed OC, there is a small adjustment period.

I just don't find it realistic that our offense will be at 100% when we start the season.  Looking at a lot of teams that changed OC, there is a small adjustment period.

Yeah..I mean look at the Giants.

Match-ups to watch:

Williams vs Bodine

Mosley vs Benard

Williams should own bodine, absolutely love pressure from the middle of the line

Now who is making excuses and the season hasn't even started yet!  Wow!  Smh!  Even Flacco stated that there are no excuses for the offense not performing as expected!  Kubiak came in during the off-season NOT in the middle or the tail-end of it!  His offense has been installed in increments and ALL of the players said that they love it!  Flacco is ahead of the curve as has been reported!  The O-line said that they like it!  The WR's, TE's and HB's said that they like it!  And, they have all had the OTA's, Mini and Training Camps to work with the "new" system.  We've seen them in action for 4 weeks now...NO EXCUSES!  It's football!  The Bengals are up next and now it's time for the Ravens offense (and defense) to put up or shut up!

#Mili

Most offenses are not "100%" right out of the gates. But that's on both sides. Remember pre season is just practice. There are no defensive schemes or game plans. That is a large difference. But most week one games will be sloppy. I expect a lot of penalties to be called as well. The Seattle v Green Bay game in particular will be interesting.

I expect the Bengals D to key on Pierce, Torrey and Pitta which will open Smith Sr, Juice and our new Tal-is-man to have big games. Jimmy will lock down Green and Mosley sideline speed will shut the munchkin down out of the backfield. Too much pressure for Dalton to handle. 31-17 Ravens win.

Now who is making excuses and the season hasn't even started yet!  Wow!  Smh!  Even Flacco stated that there are no excuses for the offense not performing as expected!  Kubiak came in during the off-season NOT in the middle or the tail-end of it!  His offense has been installed in increments and ALL of the players said that they love it!  Flacco is ahead of the curve as has been reported!  The O-line said that they like it!  The WR's, TE's and HB's said that they like it!  And, they have all had the OTA's, Mini and Training Camps to work with the "new" system.  We've seen them in action for 4 weeks now...NO EXCUSES!  It's football!  The Bengals are up next and now it's time for the Ravens offense (and defense) to put up or shut up!

#Mili

You said it so much better than I, but that's what I was thinking with my "firing on all cylinders" comment. The original poster suggested it would take the offense 4~5 wks to get going and my mind flashed ... well, if you are randomly saying it's going to take that long, why not say it would take a year to learn the new system / playbook.... I don't think Cincy said they'll coast for the first 6 weeks, come what may, and then turn it on. The offense better be lighting it up from the start cuz we face 4 top defenses right out of the gate followed by a top offense.

You said it so much better than I, but that's what I was thinking with my "firing on all cylinders" comment. The original poster suggested it would take the offense 4~5 wks to get going and my mind flashed ... well, if you are randomly saying it's going to take that long, why not say it would take a year to learn the new system / playbook.... I don't think Cincy said they'll coast for the first 6 weeks, come what may, and then turn it on. The offense better be lighting it up from the start cuz we face 4 top defenses right out of the gate followed by a top offense.

I expect some growing pains but that doesn't mean our offense won't be good . Training camp is already not as long as it used to be ..

Now who is making excuses and the season hasn't even started yet! Wow! Smh! Even Flacco stated that there are no excuses for the offense not performing as expected! Kubiak came in during the off-season NOT in the middle or the tail-end of it! His offense has been installed in increments and ALL of the players said that they love it! Flacco is ahead of the curve as has been reported! The O-line said that they like it! The WR's, TE's and HB's said that they like it! And, they have all had the OTA's, Mini and Training Camps to work with the "new" system. We've seen them in action for 4 weeks now...NO EXCUSES! It's football! The Bengals are up next and now it's time for the Ravens offense (and defense) to put up or shut up!

#Mili

Dem explanation points though.

I expect some growing pains but that doesn't mean our offense won't be good . Training camp is already not as long as it used to be ..

I don't expect them to be "the greatest show on turf" either. on another subject: ozzie and harbs are making some interesting cuts--wenning & Jensen this morning.

If you're expecting the offense to be 100% firing on all cylinders in week one then you're just kidding yourself, sorry. 

Yeah, it is a simple offense and yeah, the players do like it. That doesn't mean they'll have it mastered in the first week though. That's unrealistic. There will be growing pains, though I expect more of those to come from miscommunication rather than a failure to execute.

What I'm most excited to watch is the battle in the trenches. Mostly when we're on offense... The Bengals have one of the best rotations in the NFL with Dunlap/Hunt, Atkins/Still, Peko/Thompson, & Gilberry/Geathers. It will be a huge test for our OL right off the bat!

I'm kind of nervous about it to be honest. There's no way I'm expecting the offense to be in gel yet. It's still way too early. I'm hoping for a win but it's going to be a very tough task. Bengals shouldn't be overlooked this year. They're a QB away from being legit favorites.

Hopefully they can hold their own in protection or it will be a very long day for Joe.....And then the overreactions on here/The Fan lol. Obviously we also need to be able and run the ball or we're screwed. It will be interesting to see how our ZBS matches up vs their all-so dominant front.

I'm expecting a ton of dump offs to Juice and a lot of quick throws to Pitta. Ultimately, Tucker will win us this game.

Ravens win 19-17. Ugly start, but huge win.

Everyone is saying how the offense wont be clicking on all cylinders and what not but don't forget the Bengals have new OC and DC themselves so it's realistic to say we can be firing on all cylinders in week 1.

We may come out of the gate a little slow but I'm sure liking how many ways we have to skin a cat.

I agree.

Dem explanation points though.

Really man?  Let me help you out.  The purpose of the explanation point is that it is used in writing to indicate "intensity" of emotion.  I believe that after every statement of mine the emotion I have for hearing the multiple excuses in here that will be used for the offense under performing this season (i.e. a new O.C., new playbook, new receivers etc.) was there as well as the intensity with which others stated how much they like the new offense was emphasized by the multiple explanation points I provided at the end of each sentence.  You know...like this!!!!!!!!!! :229031_rofl:

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1

Is Asa #3 corner?

He could be. It's hard to tell from the little we've seen of him this preseason but I think he could be. I feel there might be trade for a corner in the works but if that doesn't happen well know the team's more than confident in him