Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderator 2

Next Up: Bengals!

341 posts in this topic

My early thoughts is it's a good time to get the bengals. Atkins is nowhere near his dominant strength. I believe the ravens o-line will dominate the bengals D-line. I expect the offense to score fairly easily here. Mostly passing. I expect Steve smith to have a big game with multiple catches.

As for the defense I believe will give up several big gains vs the run. However I expect some good pressure forcing dalton into several mistakes.

I'm excited for this game. I think this is going to be an interesting battle between Whitworth, Boling, Bodine, Zeitler, and Smith VS Ngata, Williams and Canty. I haven't watched a ton of Bengals games, but Williams on Bodine is going to be an interesting battle. I'm sure he will get help from Zeitler, but I'm not sure how they can stop that front 3. If you have the RG and C doubling the NT, then that frees up the DT (Ngata) to slide through. I'm not sure that is a good idea, lol. 

Remember the last time we opened against Cincy? Let's do that again.

Anything to cast away the memories of last year's final.

All teams are undefeated.

I love this time of year.

I think the Bengals is a fantastic opener.

A great game to make a statement.

All teams are undefeated.

I love this time of year.

I think the Bengals is a fantastic opener.

A great game to make a statement.

But... I like our shiny 4-0 record. You mean we don't get to keep it lol jk. 

Last time we opened at home against the Bengals... 2012 and we ended up in New Orleans hoisting the Lombardi trophy. Now it's time to go West and end up in Arizona!

Remember the last time we opened against Cincy? Let's do that again.

We were excited about a revamped offence running a lot of no-huddle before that game too iirc.

As I see it, the objectives for this game are:

1) Control the tempo on offence and don't let them dictate rotations

2) Limit AJ Green

3) Put pressure on Andy Lolton - just get close if you can't actually get to him

No reason we can't do all three imo. I love how Kubiak and Joe have been able to adjust to the game during preseason and I think our RB committee sans Rice will be fine. As much as people criticise Pees, limiting quality WR1s has been one of our defensive trademarks and I think Jimmy makes a quiet start to the season (which is exactly what you want from him because it means AJ's probably not doing a whole lot either). On the third point, I still love our DL and think we'll have a lot of fun with constant four-man rushes and added LB blitzes.

Most importantly, we're at home and I think our crew from last year took their disappointing season as a personal failure. Shame I can't watch it live, but that's the first thing I'm doing when I get home that day. Our undefeated run begins. :D

Hopeful and apprehensive describes me going into the first few games. On paper we look good but so do Cincy and Pittsburgh and Cleveland. It would be so great to start 3-0 cuz I know we'll get better as the season progresses.

Go Ravens

Bengals are starting a 4th rookie Center. Outside of Whitworth I'm not impressed either. Expect Dalton to be under fire. Especially his right side.

Match-ups to watch:

Williams vs Bodine

Mosley vs Benard

I think we will win but A.J. Green is going to torch us. How is Webb and Jimmy doing health wise??

Last time AJ played here he got shutdown by Jimmy, and when we went to Cincinnati he only caught 1 TD on Elam due to blown coverage. If Webb and Jimmy are playing we'll win.

Bengals are starting a 4th rookie Center. Outside of Whitworth I'm not impressed either. Expect Dalton to be under fire. Especially his right side.

Match-ups to watch:

Williams vs Bodine

Mosley vs Benard

Well, that OL has a lot of potential. Don't underestimate it. Whitworth is an older LT (32, 33 in December) and it is possible he could be nearing the end of his career. Zeitler is probably their best OL, honestly. He's a great RG. Andre Smith is a good RT but he's injured quite a bit and had a bad year last year, comparatively speaking, to his other years. He could improve. Boling is probably the weakest link on that OL at LG next to Bodine, the rookie C. I think Bodine will get abused in this game, because he is going against Williams and Ngata, and that doesn't spell well for any center let alone a rookie. 

Cincinnati has looked like the team to beat in the division durin preseason. This game will be tough.

Cincinnati has looked like the team to beat in the division durin preseason. This game will be tough.

Their secondary is just dangerous and they speed on the outside. I like that fact that we now have so many weapons on offense that we'll finally be unpredictable. We should be able to score on teams this year.

My early thoughts is it's a good time to get the bengals. Atkins is nowhere near his dominant strength. I believe the ravens o-line will dominate the bengals D-line. I expect the offense to score fairly easily here. Mostly passing. I expect Steve smith to have a big game with multiple catches.

As for the defense I believe will give up several big gains vs the run. However I expect some good pressure forcing dalton into several mistakes.

I'm expecting a bit of an adjustment period for our offense.  Our success will come from how well our run game is.  I'd give it up to 4-5 weeks before we really start to see Flacco opening up.

I'm expecting a bit of an adjustment period for our offense.  Our success will come from how well our run game is.  I'd give it up to 4-5 weeks before we really start to see Flacco opening up.

Flacco and the offense better be firing on all cylinders from the gitgo or we'll be constantly playing from behind. League rules favor the offense,,,we can not flitter our opportunities away.