Photo

Official Vent Thread: who stays and who goes? What did you like/hate this Preseason?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Let's hear it people!
68f2a8.jpg

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Nothing to vent about in this game.  Can't expect much from the backups, but I think they did well regardless.

The one thing that makes me angry is that this game raised more questions than answers about this final 53 lol

#3 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

I was looking for a little more from our back defensive linemen and I'm not sure if The Ravens should be still in the hunt for a cornerback.

#4 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

I think Pete Morelli played very well for the Saints. 

I need to watch the last game. Anyone know when the replay is?

#5 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

usually they show that on the weekends 

#6 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

usually they show that on the weekends 

I found it. 1PM EST tomorrow for those who also want to watch it. 

#7 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,571 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

How many WRs will we keep?

Butler, Aiken and Camp all made their case tonight IMO.

We already have the Smiths, Jacoby, and Brown who are all pretty safe I believe.

Then there is Thompson who has value at returns, though Camp did fairly well there too.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#8 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

Midnight on CSNHD

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#9 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

One complaint: too many FGs, not enough TDs.

Everyone played well. Hate to see some of these guys go. :(

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,284 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

One complaint: too many FGs, not enough TDs.

Everyone played well. Hate to see some of these guys go. :(

Same for me!  Shades of our last regular season.  Not looking good so far!  We'll see!  Week #1 is up!  Bengals!!!!

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

I think this game finally proved that we should keep Tucker on the squad this year. I know it's risky, but we should try and find a spot on the 53 for him. I think it might work out in our favor.

#12 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

I bet John and Ozzie hate this point in the season.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I think this game finally proved that we should keep Tucker on the squad this year. I know it's risky, but we should try and find a spot on the 53 for him. I think it might work out in our favor.

I don't know about that.  The guy showed really poor form in his tackling.  He led with his shoulder.  Being the last line of defense, he has to learn to wrap up.  Tucker is firmly on the bubble right now.

;)

#14 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Huh? He should be cut. 

Edited by GrimCoconut, 28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#15 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

I saw great vision, patients, and quickness out of Toussaint. Really like what I saw from him from games 1 and 4. Don't know if he makes the 53, but I think he defiantly earned a spot on the PS.

Camp looked great. Akien and Butler looked good too. Hurst was solid as was Urschel. WR is going to be a tough call. Someone is probably headed to IR.

I thought Levine had a good game at corner. He got turned around on that long play, but he forced to receiver inside, where he should have had help, but didn't. Not his fault. I'm not sure we could trust him in the regular season, but he has shown some signs of improvement. Safety is going to be another tough call. Miles struggled in this game, but his presence on STs will probably keep his spot.

#16 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

I don't know about that.  The guy showed really poor form in his tackling.  He led with his shoulder.  Being the last line of defense, he has to learn to wrap up.  Tucker is firmly on the bubble right now.

;)

I was expecting a roughing the kicker call given the way the runner ran over him.   :bitenails:

#17 baltimorefan328

baltimorefan328

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

I wasnt sure where to put this and didnt want to make a whole new thread. I wasn't able to watch the game as I was on a train all night but how did the defensive ends look? I ask because a guy Adam Carriker is a free agent right now and I'm wondering if the Ravens could try bringing him in just to see what hes got. He's 6-6, 315 and is coming off a pretty serious injury, however he was a first round pick and was having a pretty decent career before he got hurt again. He got traded from the Rams because he was playing out of position, and started for the Redskins at 3-4 defensive end. 

Again I wasn't able to watch the game so not sure how the ends played, but if we like the 5 locks (ngata, jernigan, canty, williams, Tyson) for the DL and aren't wiling to take on one of the undrafted guys, he could be a pretty good option to at least bring in on a vet minimum, no risk-high reward type prove it contract. Then we could always just keep 5 or bring up a guy like Hopkins if Carriker just still isnt ready or Harbaugh/Ozzie doesn't like what they see from him

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,990 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

John Simon showed enough tonight to keep his spot, in my opinion. He showed a flash of his potential tonight. 

Anyone think we keep seven WRs? Don't think it's likely, but I won't rule it out.

That Toussaint guy looked beast. He had a great audition for some team out there.

Oline looked solid, but Shipley and Jensen both looked bad. I loved Jensen's potential but I'd cut him and try to sneak him on PS. Simply hasn't looked good. Happy with the way Gino, Hurst, and Urschel played.

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,563 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

John Simon showed enough tonight to keep his spot, in my opinion. He showed a flash of his potential tonight. 

Anyone think we keep seven WRs? Don't think it's likely, but I won't rule it out.

That Toussaint guy looked beast. He had a great audition for some team out there.

Oline looked solid, but Shipley and Jensen both looked bad. I loved Jensen's potential but I'd cut him and try to sneak him on PS. Simply hasn't looked good. Happy with the way Gino, Hurst, and Urschel played.

I didn't watch the first half, but saw the second and Simon played well. Used his hands nicely! I have to take back what I said about him. He made me eat my words and I'm glad he did, if at least for this game. I was a big fan of his and more disappointed than anything. Glad he looks better. 

Shipley is just so bad. It's really unbelievable. Jensen is worse. He's destined for the PS. 

#20 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

I know he's not on anyone's list but Jeremy Butler looks so smooth out there. The WRs we cut will end up in Cleveland or Caroline. smh Oh well, good for them.

Go Ravens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users