K-Dog

NFL's craziest moments.

30 posts in this topic

This is pretty fun to watch. NFL's craziest moments. Some crazy stuff here, especially  "The Fog Bowl "

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nfl-craziest-moments-081114

No Ravens on their list though.  If we made "The Ravens Craziest Moments" what would be on that list ?

Cory Reddings fumble return in Pittsburgh jumps to mind right away.

What are some other crazy Ravens moments ?

Edited by K-Dog

Mile high miracle, blackout at Super Bowl, 5 lead changes in 2:00 in snow bowl, Mike Tomlin saves TD on Thanksgiving. That's just the last 2 years.

The snow bowl was such a rollercoaster. Was just talking about it with the wife last night.

4th and Forever makes it for me. I'd left to go do an odd job and got back just in time to see it. I went from "we're so losing, what was that" to "holy crap, we're still in this, what was that?!?!" in ten seconds.

That whole Super Bowl run was crazy

How about Flacco catching that pass in 08?

Don't bring back RavensIQ back from the dead. Troy Smith was the object of his affections and that throw to Flacco was all Troy lol

Don't bring back RavensIQ back from the dead. Troy Smith was the object of his affections and that throw to Flacco was all Troy lol

Hahahaha +35

Shannon Sharpe catching that deflection in the Wild Card home playoff game in 2000 and going for the score.  Also, same year, Shannon catching that slant backed up against the goal line at the 1 (I believe) and taking it to the house with Patrick Johnson pushing him.  Rex Ryan's timeout in the 2007 regular season game against the Pats on the Brady QB draw which would've given us the game was another one.  Also Derrick Mason being sandwiched between between two defenders who were taken out and still running for the TD, and the one-arm game vs. the Cowboys.  The last two minutes of last year's game vs. MIN were pretty nutty, too.  Also the Phil Dawson field goal against us that went through, hit the cross bar, and fell back into play which we assumed meant no field goal and game over.

For other teams, obviously the Immaculate Reception, Brandon Stokley's deflection catch while with Denver against the Bengals, Jim Marshall's own TD on the fumble recovery, Leon Lett fumbling as Don Beebe chased him down while showboating, Marshawn Lynch's "beast mode" run.

Edited by Fred Sanford

Pretty much all of Ed Reed's run backs after he'd intercept a pass, what with his penchant for lateraling the ball, especially during the Billick years.

Back in 2008 one of the craziest plays I can think of was Phil Dawson's 51 yard kick.  The kick seemed to have bounced off the upright and down into the end zone.  The refs called it no good and the Ravens left the field for the locker room thinking they had a victory.  However after "further review" they determined that the field goal actually hit the upright then the back bar. This would mean that the ball crossed through the uprights before falling back to the end zone.  Baltimore wound up loosing 33-30, but it was still one of the strangest plays ever.

Link for Recap: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271118033

Don't know how the 5 lead changes in 2 minutes in the snow, or the super bowl blackout don't make the list.  Those are both easily among the craziest things to ever happen in the NFL.

Don't know how the 5 lead changes in 2 minutes in the snow, or the super bowl blackout don't make the list.  Those are both easily among the craziest things to ever happen in the NFL.

no kiddin'!  Especially the blackout which has to be one of the most bizarre events in the history of the NFL. 

Derrick Mason making a 1 handed TD catch in the end zone in the Titans 08 playoff game cause he only had one good shoulder. Same game, us getting away with delay of game to hit Heap with like a 30yd gain and then Stover nailing a long FG to seal it. I was in Afghanistan watching that game. I started doing the cabbage patch with my m16. No lie!

Back in my day it was Viking's Jim Marshall picking up a loose ball and running the wrong way into the end zone against the Niners.

Back in my day it was Viking's Jim Marshall picking up a loose ball and running the wrong way into the end zone against the Niners.

I've seen the highlight of that, too funny! Probably thought he got a huge steal and was sneaky with that, 'No one's trying to catch me!'

Ha, I saw that on the Craziest moments page.

Here's the video, pretty entertaining.

Back in 2008 one of the craziest plays I can think of was Phil Dawson's 51 yard kick.  The kick seemed to have bounced off the upright and down into the end zone.  The refs called it no good and the Ravens left the field for the locker room thinking they had a victory.  However after "further review" they determined that the field goal actually hit the upright then the back bar. This would mean that the ball crossed through the uprights before falling back to the end zone.  Baltimore wound up loosing 33-30, but it was still one of the strangest plays ever.

I forgot all about that one !!!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong,  some players already had their pads off and everything.

yeah That is easily top ten craziest plays ever.

I forgot all about that one !!!!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong,  some players already had their pads off and everything.

yeah That is easily top ten craziest plays ever.

Yeah they were celebrating their victory then they were told to come back out on the field.  I hope no one was in the shower yet ha.

Ha, I saw that on the Craziest moments page.

Here's the video, pretty entertaining.

No names on the back of the jerseys and poor quality video....Yes the good old days!!!

No names on the back of the jerseys and poor quality video....Yes the good old days!!!

And nobody in the crowd haha.

Im shocked no one said Tuckers kick against New England in the regular season that made Billicheck lose his mind.

Callahan said it, but all the strings of events in the Vikings game.

Besides the SB, this is the one other game I have saved on my dvr.  Those last minutes are crazy!

Last one. McGahee shaking Teddy Bruschi out of his cleats in 2007

he literally, spun tedy around and made him wrap up his teammate who was behind him. 

mcgahee went OFF in that game for sean, i was in awe of how he and boller played that night.