Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
757RavensFan

Ngata kicking Redskins' Lauvao

31 posts in this topic

Mentioned it in game thread.. Somebody else saw a video of it..

Wasn't a straight up kick... And it was retaliation from the guy delivering a completely unnecessary late hit

I did see it.

The Redskins OL dove on the pile and hit one of the defenders well after the play. Ngata gave him a kick (not a stomp like Suh or Haynesworth) and there was a scuffle

The league shouldn't fine him for that...  ridiculous...  If they do then they may also fine Lauvao???  He said that they were old friends...  But that he was protecting his player from a late hit...  although refs usually hit the one that retaliates with the flag or penalty.  That would be the only reason I would see a fine on Ngata...  I watched it.  If they fine him for that, we are looking at a record breaking season in fund-raising...  ;)

Did Ngata get an unsportsmanlike penalty for the kick?

Nope.

Nothing will happen, probably. Haloti saw the cheap shot and had flash backs to Chris Kemoeatu who made a career out of being a cheap scumbag for the Steelers.

It looks bad at first, but once you see why he did it and the fact that it was a small nudge, it's not so bad. That being said, it was a bad gesture.

Looked like a knee to the side, and the guy deserved more than that. I doubt Haloti is fined.

There's a better video from the sideline view that shows it more clearly, which is what I saw when they replayed the play. It wasn't much of a kick.

There's a better video from the sideline view that shows it more clearly, which is what I saw when they replayed the play. It wasn't much of a kick.

Yeah, it was more of a "what the heck are you doing!" nudge without any intent to injure.

According to yahoo Ngata got fined $8,268 for the kick.

Ridiculous.  Much to do about nothing.  If the refs on the field didn't think it warranted a flag why the fine?

I'm not looking forward to the over officiating we're gonna see this year or Goodell's never ending fines and suspensions.

If another player had done this to one of our guys there would be outrage here.  Some of you are funny.

nghata and williams may rival adams and goose.

Well, last year Ngata really sucked. All I ever saw was him getting pushed back several yards on running plays and jumping to slap the football on passing plays.

Art Jones, Tyson and Williams were all better than Ngata last year.  

Well, last year Ngata really sucked. All I ever saw was him getting pushed back several yards on running plays and jumping to slap the football on passing plays.

If you care to recall, Ngata was hurt a good portion of the year.  And while he was not his normal, beastly self, I wouldn't say he sucked.

Nope.

Nothing will happen, probably. Haloti saw the cheap shot and had flash backs to Chris Kemoeatu who made a career out of being a cheap scumbag for the Steelers.

This^

If another player had done this to one of our guys there would be outrage here. Some of you are funny.

Agreed. Next time throw the guy at rgiii and call it even

If another player had done this to one of our guys there would be outrage here.  Some of you are funny.

Actually, another player did worse to one of our guys on the same play. That's why Haloti "kicked" him.

......no just no

Actually, another player did worse to one of our guys on the same play. That's why Haloti "kicked" him.

A late or aggressive hit is not worse than an intentional kick or whatever Ngata did. Let's be unbiased here.

A late or aggressive hit is not worse than an intentional kick or whatever Ngata did. Let's be unbiased here.

Well, I am. There was a better chance of whoever Lavatory was coming in late on getting hurt than Lavatory getting hurt by Haloti's knee to his side. No matter who you are, looking at that "kick", you could tell it wasn't going to hurt the guy. Was it right? No. But between the two, I feel the late hit was much worse.

Did't feel like looking for the spelling of the guy's name.

that was tantamount to Peyton getting in Swearinger's face. NFL is just fine crazy