1/28/01

Dump Thread v7.0 - "Something Cool Here"

2,456 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

Can anyone put to bed wr core vs wr corps?... it's really stressing me out

Core is the main part of something, corps is the entire group. (slightly simplistic, but that's a working definition)

Pretty happy I don't fly United, these new slogans for United on twitter are great though

19 hours ago, Inqui said:

Core is the main part of something, corps is the entire group. (slightly simplistic, but that's a working definition)

It's funny we live in a country where the majority want people to come here and speak our language when we can't even do so correctly.  

Myself included.

24 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

It's funny we live in a country where the majority want people to come here and speak our language when we can't even do so correctly.  

Myself included.

I imagine that it must be awful trying to learn English. I'm trying to learn Spanish and it feels impossible.

9 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

I imagine that it must be awful trying to learn English. I'm trying to learn Spanish and it feels impossible.

Has to be.  I'd assume it's one of the most difficult languages to learn.  French to me wasn't that bad.  There were a few points in school where my French grade was significantly higher than English.  Not too good at that reading stuff.

7 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

Has to be.  I'd assume it's one of the most difficult languages to learn.  French to me wasn't that bad.  There were a few points in school where my French grade was significantly higher than English.  Not too good at that reading stuff.

Inglés es muy difícil.

16 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

Lmao.  Will will Smith smith...

But after Will Smith smiths with smiths, will Will Smith and the other smiths eat ghoughphtheightteeaus?

1 hour ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Number 7 reminds me of how someone tries to write.

my faves are number 11 and 12 because they are somehow kind of beautiful

15 hours ago, redrum52 said:

Myself included.

You'd be shocked with the amount of people with which the bolded part isn't actually true.

Want a fun language to learn try Latin, I'm glad I took it and Spanish in high school, my parents wanted me to take French.  My English grade was bad if it was below a B, Latin was pass/fail and Spanish was self guided 'programs' at home and discuss it in class, a C was a lucky grade for me lol

On 4/10/2017 at 9:14 PM, Rav'n Maniac said:

What's up Crenshaw? Haven't seen you around these parts in a long time. How's life treating you?

Life's good man. Glad I decided to come back just in time. 

On 4/11/2017 at 1:32 AM, Inqui said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Moderator 2 said:

Want a fun language to learn try Latin, I'm glad I took it and Spanish in high school, my parents wanted me to take French.  My English grade was bad if it was below a B, Latin was pass/fail and Spanish was self guided 'programs' at home and discuss it in class, a C was a lucky grade for me lol

Do you still remember Spanish? 

5 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

Damn.  Charlie Murphy died.  Funny cat.

Sad to see him go but he left a ton of gold for us to remember him by. R.I.P. Charlie 

Woah! Did not expect that at all. Sad news. His Chappelle's Show skits will always have a place in my heart.

Edited by -Truth-

5 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Do you still remember Spanish? 

No I understand the spoken and written then speaking it myself.  My oldest son had a roommate that was a native speaker and did not speak English and we were able to communicate.  My son in bilingual in Spanish, Russian and knows some Mandarin and some Arabic he just picks up languages.

6 minutes ago, Moderator 2 said:

No I understand the spoken and written then speaking it myself.  My oldest son had a roommate that was a native speaker and did not speak English and we were able to communicate.  My son in bilingual in Spanish, Russian and knows some Mandarin and some Arabic he just picks up languages.

Wow that's cool. I wish that I could pick up languages easily.

16 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Wow that's cool. I wish that I could pick up languages easily.

So do I.  Latin is not spoken but helped me greatly in pre-med, especially Biology classes.

This one's headed straight for us

cook.jpg

Not as bad as these storms can go but will cause trouble with wind, flooding and high seas.

3 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

cook.jpg

Not as bad as these storms can go but will cause trouble with wind, flooding and high seas.

Stay safe

1 hour ago, allblackraven said:

cook.jpg

looks like its gonna get a bit stormzy