Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cillmatic

Trades? What do you want to happen?

72 posts in this topic

I've seen many fellow fans calling for Ozzie to make a trade for the corner position so I figured I'd just make a place to hold some trade ideas. Remember, BOUNDS OF REASON PEOPLE. We don't wanna here about your plan to trade Tyrod Taylor for Richard Sherman.

Trumaine McBride

The Giants would never give him up, the only good thing about them last year was the secondary, they already have a terrible offense they don't want a bad defense too.

The Giants would never give him up, the only good thing about them last year was the secondary, they already have a terrible offense they don't want a bad defense too.

He's their number 4

In terms of corners we don't need anything major.  Even a number 4 guy with potential would be fine.  We have a good group but if any one of them gets injured we are screwed.  

Unfortunately I don't know too much about other teams' 4th string players.

AQ Shiply for Batman. No one will mess with our line with Batman on it!

We won't find a good corner unless we give up a high pick. Id rather bring in Danny Gorrer

Personally I think our defense would be Amazing if we Traded Elvis Dumervil and a pick for Byron Maxwell of the Seattle Seahawks. He's tall, he's fast and plays hard, not to mention his surprising ability to stop the run. With Elvis looking average this preseason and last half of last season he's not what we expected him to be. Seattle needs a pass rusher and we need a cornerback. If we get maxwell we'll have a great secondary as well as depth for when either Jimmy or Webb go down, In Webb's case it's almost expected he'll go down at some point(not to mention the for that Webb might not be on the team for much longer). My plan is to have Jimmy as our #1 and Webb and Byron take turns at #2 and Webb's always in the slot when 3 receivers are on the field. In Elvis' place we'll have McPhee and Upshaw and that should hold up until draft when we'll have to draft a pass rushers relatively early(let's face it Suggs isn't getting any younger).

Personally I think our defense would be Amazing if we Traded Elvis Dumervil and a pick for Byron Maxwell of the Seattle Seahawks. He's tall, he's fast and plays hard, not to mention his surprising ability to stop the run. With Elvis looking average this preseason and last half of last season he's not what we expected him to be. Seattle needs a pass rusher and we need a cornerback. If we get maxwell we'll have a great secondary as well as depth for when either Jimmy or Webb go down, In Webb's case it's almost expected he'll go down at some point(not to mention the for that Webb might not be on the team for much longer). My plan is to have Jimmy as our #1 and Webb and Byron take turns at #2 and Webb's always in the slot when 3 receivers are on the field. In Elvis' place we'll have McPhee and Upshaw and that should hold up until draft when we'll have to draft a pass rushers relatively early(let's face it Suggs isn't getting any younger).

We also need a pass rusher. And I'm not sure Maxwell is nothing more than a product of the awesome Seattle system

There's really nobody I want to trade for if I'm being honest. Now I can think of some guys I would trade that are on the team. But there's nobody out there as a realistic option I think would be a good fit. Emphasis on realistic. I don't see any veterans about to lose their job atm though that could very well change with a surprise cut which has happened.

I really like Tommie Cambell from the Titans ... 6'3/200 pound very athletic CB. According to the Titans depth chart, he's sitting at 3rd/4th CB. I think he could really fit our system well and develop in this defense. 

I really like Tommie Cambell from the Titans ... 6'3/200 pound very athletic CB. According to the Titans depth chart, he's sitting at 3rd/4th CB. I think he could really fit our system well and develop in this defense. 

The last time I say anything about him it was from rotoworld.com  which said "ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky said CB Tommie Campbell is playing so poorly he "doesn't look like an NFL player" right now." Hopefully  that has changed since then

The last time I say anything about him it was from rotoworld.com  which said "ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky said CB Tommie Campbell is playing so poorly he "doesn't look like an NFL player" right now." Hopefully  that has changed since then

Hmm he'd probably know more about it than I do. I was just watching late night rerun preseason of the Titans and he kept flashing talent I thought. Just big and physical and fast ... Needs some fine tuning though for sure. 

AQ Shiply for Batman. No one will mess with our line with Batman on it!

We won't find a good corner unless we give up a high pick. Id rather bring in Danny Gorrer

Is Danny Gorrer available? If so, why haven't we brought him in yet. I really liked his potential - he played very well in spots and was developing nicely.

Is Danny Gorrer available? If so, why haven't we brought him in yet. I really liked his potential - he played very well in spots and was developing nicely.

He's a Tamba Bay Buccaneer . I have no clue if he will be cut  or not also not sure what we could offer The Buccs in a trade. I know they need depth at guard or atleast a upgrade at left guard and maybe even right guard since Oniel Cousins is their starter right now.

Tyrod for Kirk Cousins. Seems logical as they fit the respective systems better. :)

Cousins could start on some teams, Tyrod isn't even a good backup.

Is this a joke, or...?

It's a joke only because it will never happen. Cousins will be a starter some where in a couple of years.

Cousins could start on some teams, Tyrod isn't even a good backup.

He should be starting for the skins. They are missing the boat.

It's a joke only because it will never happen. Cousins will be a starter some where in a couple of years.

I'm just making sure because this was probably the least ridiculous joke trade someone has made.

As I said I doubt we make a trade but if we do I'd expect it to include one of our ILB because it's a position where we're still relatively deep. Brown, Mosley, Smith are all starting calibre imo. Bynes and McClellan are both solid in their roles. Both are also very good on ST.

We recently re-signed McClellan and he's probably the definition of what we like in depth ILB, that being position versatility, decent in rotation as well as talented on ST.

Perhaps we'd entertain trading Bynes for a team needing an ILB with talent at CB. It might explain why Bynes has received a lot of snaps in preseason when the Ravens staff were lauding Arthur Brown before.

The only other position I think we could trade would be at WR. Perhaps Thompson, Aiken or Butler if we wanted to go that route. I think the only one who remotely has value of that group is Thompson.