#1 Ausman

Ausman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

1). Jay Cutler:

Him and Joe Flacco have similar attributes both are not elite but are good enough and can make all the throws. The major difference is  Joe Flacco has won a Super Bowl and he did it without have the talent level of Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey and yet Jay Cutler is still ranked above Joe Flacco. So to say that Jay is overrated is actually and understatement!

2). Steven Gostkowski:

To have him ranked in the top 5 for FG kickers is just and abomination.

Here is something more Sac Religious: How in the World is he ranked above Justin Tucker and Blair Walsh? Can we also say that the fantasy football people are high? That is an absolute yes to say the least . Whew I better stopn ranting before I offend somebody < sigh>

#2 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

1). Jay Cutler:

Him and Joe Flacco have similar attributes both are not elite but are good enough and can make all the throws. The major difference is  Joe Flacco has won a Super Bowl and he did it without have the talent level of Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey and yet Jay Cutler is still ranked above Joe Flacco. So to say that Jay is overrated is actually and understatement!

2). Steven Gostkowski:

To have him ranked in the top 5 for FG kickers is just and abomination.

Here is something more Sac Religious: How in the World is he ranked above Justin Tucker and Blair Walsh? Can we also say that the fantasy football people are high? That is an absolute yes to say the least . Whew I better stopn ranting before I offend somebody < sigh>

1)  Fantasy football has nothing to do with winning Super Bowls and being able to make all the throws.  It is all to do with stats and Cutler is able to put up pretty good stats in Marc Tressman's offense, with much help thanks to Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and Matt Forte.

2)  Similar to above.  Fantasy football kickers isn't about who is actually a better kicker, but usually is more of a reflection of the offense of their team.  Tucker and Walsh are better kickers, but their offenses put up less points than the Patriots and Gostkowski has more opportunities for points.

There is a major difference between fantasy football and real football.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#3 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

It takes a certain level of intellect to be able to comprehend the differences between football in real life and fantasy football. It takes an even higher capacity to be able to enjoy both separately within their own realms. Implying that fans of the sport aren't able to do either of those two is an inaccurate notion, and sadly one that very likely stems from personal experience.

Posted Image

#4 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,344 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

It takes a certain level of intellect to be able to comprehend the differences between football in real life and fantasy football. It takes an even higher capacity to be able to enjoy both separately within their own realms. Implying that fans of the sport aren't able to do either of those two is an inaccurate notion, and sadly one that very likely stems from personal experience.

Agreed.  There are a lot of people who cannot make that determination though.  It does drive me a little nuts when Ravens fans get upset (for example) because Ray Rice just scored a TD, and they are playing against them in fantasy and they want him to stop scoring points.  

Or the twitter folk who stalk injured players or guys who played bad and berate them because they stink for their fantasy teams.  

It does take a certain level of 'intellect' as you alluded to.  

Edited by PuRock, 20 August 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

#5 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Agreed. There are a lot of people who cannot make that determination. It does drive me a little nuts when Ravens fans get upset (for example) because Ray Rice just scored a TD, and they are playing against them in fantasy and they want him to stop scoring points.

Or the twitter folk who stalk injured players or guys who played bad and berate them because they stink for their fantasy teams.

It does take a certain level of 'intellect' as you alluded to.

I'm with you. The hounding of injured and underperforming players is foolish, selfish, and ignorant. It almost dismisses players as human beings and demeans them to the level of objects. And I agree about the example of Rice. The real life teams always come first. That's the number one priority. A a fantasy player, there are times when you may hope for other players to outperform the one you're facing so that the team you're rooting for wins but your fantasy team remains uncompromised. But if the Ravens would win every game that I lost, I would be happy to remain winless.

Edited by -Truth-, 20 August 2014 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

#6 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm with you. The hounding of injured and underperforming players is foolish, selfish, and ignorant. It almost dismisses players as human beings and demeans them to the level of objects. And I agree about the example of Rice. The real life teams always come first. That's the number one priority. A a fantasy player, there are times when you may hope for other players to outperform the one you're facing so that the team you're rooting for wins but your fantasy team remains uncompromised. But if the Ravens would win every game that I lost, I would be happy to remain winless.

I always prefer the Ravens to win over my fantasy team. I would rather my fantasy team be in last place and the Ravens win the Super Bowl than vice versa. 

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#7 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,652 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

I always prefer the Ravens to win over my fantasy team. I would rather my fantasy team be in last place and the Ravens win the Super Bowl than vice versa. 

You, my friend, are doing it right.

Posted Image

#8 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

That's how it is for me. I also will sit players that play against the Ravens because I don't want the opponent doing well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users