Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Runnin Raven

Lorenzo "Downhill" Taliaferro

23 posts in this topic

LOL @the title, but seriously - the guy pretty much always makes positive yardage.  I just thought he earned some limelight out here on the forums given his performance in both preseason games.  I admit I didn't see much on his "highlight reel" from college, but those concerns have been summarily squashed..he pretty much ran right over them. :D 

Always great to have that tough grinder in a committee. He'll be great in late-game clocking-killing situations.

Agree with the sentiment here. Another great job by our scouting department. Taliaferro just needs to work on pad level to eliminate the risk of fumbles and reduce his strike zone and lengthen his career. Pierce used to have the same problem though so I'm confident our coaching staff will get it corrected.

He definitely looked good. It's always good seeing a rookie who was dismissed by most fans do so well.

I like our backs, good pace between them. Ideally we'd keep 3 but Forsett is looking good as well.  Rb def isn't a place for concern 

He reminds me of Jamal Lewis.

I want to see him with the starters though, but as of right now I am a fan.

He reminds me of Blount

He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs.

Our backup backs look quite good .

That was a concern going into this season .

I like Lorenzo a lot . He's gonna get some snaps

for sure in the regular season .

Taliaferro might have played just two preseason games but i see something in him. I see a future  beast/ monster.  the coaching staff needs to help him up his game. He will be a great RB just what the Ravens will need in the near future.

Our backup backs look quite good .

That was a concern going into this season .

I like Lorenzo a lot . He's gonna get some snaps

for sure in the regular season .

Re-watched the game and I noticed that he made the tackle on the opening kickoff. Good ST play will take you places.

Been a fan of his from the beginning but don't want him accumulating too much wear and tear for no reason. Let Rice,Pierce, and Forsett handle this season but it was easy to see Ozzie and co. made a perfect late pick for the future. Really just hoping he settles down and adopts a professional attitude and healthy lifestyle and gets in perfect shape come 2015. Only problem is he lives in Virginia so its easy for him to get into trouble with old friends since its so close to here. Hopefully that helps with a discount at least come table time after he breaks out in a year or two.

With this guys running style and the way Juice has improved as a lead blocker, I don't think the Ravens have to worry much about short yardage running anymore. Also someone made a great point about getting clock late in game. Can you imagine CBs and Safeties trying to tackle this guy late November and December. He'll be like a bowling ball bouncing off of half hearted tackles.

Some that I haven't hear much mention of is the fact that he's a really good pass pro back. That's huge because most rookies aren't good in that area and few develop into solid pass pro back. That means we don't have to worry about keeping him on the field. This is no knock to Ray, but I love the combination of BP and LT.

I'm starting to man crush on him like I did Flacco and Webb year one. I hope he goes off when handed the rock.

With this guys running style and the way Juice has improved as a lead blocker, I don't think the Ravens have to worry much about short yardage running anymore. Also someone made a great point about getting clock late in game. Can you imagine CBs and Safeties trying to tackle this guy late November and December. He'll be like a bowling ball bouncing off of half hearted tackles.

Some that I haven't hear much mention of is the fact that he's a really good pass pro back. That's huge because most rookies aren't good in that area and few develop into solid pass pro back. That means we don't have to worry about keeping him on the field. This is no knock to Ray, but I love the combination of BP and LT.

Yeah he was probably the best pass protecting RB at the senior bowl. Really killed it there. I like him right now to be our short yardage guy who can play special teams with potential for more.