Photo

Official Vent Thread : Cut who? who needs to walk home!

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

let her rip, keep it relatively clean

#2 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Offense still starts slow. Not even sure those were Dallas 1s we scored against.

Defense just looks like trash period, though I have to consider that we had scrubs at CB.

Not particularly satisfied tonight.

#3 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Running game is legit though.

#4 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts

I'm a big fan of industrial sized vents.  Really keeps the air flowing.  What about you guys?

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,280 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

All I have to say is what I've been saying and that's don't believe the OTA's Mini or Training Camp hype up of our offense or defense!  The first 3 "regular" season games will say it all!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#6 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

Offense started off very poorly, but improved as the game went on.

The defense was largely bad for most of the game.  Runs to the edge were burning us and of course the secondary is still an issue.

The 3rd team on both sides in general just looks bad.

#7 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

i'm worried about the secondary particularly the CBs, all other positions are deep (WR, RBs, OL, DL, LB, S, )

#8 Puntit

Puntit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

I think RB Woods isn't showing much to keep him on the bubble. And all corners not named Webb, Smith or Jackson showed tonight that they are pretty expendable. The second string OL was getting pushed around a lot today as well.

#9 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Gotta wonder why the defense is so poor...not too much turnover there. Did we underestimate the losses of Jones and Graham? The offense is absolutely ahead of the defense right now.

#10 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Outside runs seem to be an issue but I'm sure play calling and Webb change that.

Woulda like to see brown and Aiken with joe but ok sure that's next game

#11 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Pees is just not a good DC imo. And I'm not just talking this preseason. We've looked soft ever since he took over.

#12 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

The runs to the edge were killing us, and we need to tighten up on tackling.  Please no more injuries!!!

23jjplx.jpg

#13 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Pees is just not a good DC imo. And I'm not just talking this preseason. We've looked soft ever since he took over.

i don't agree with you often, but I'm behind this 100%

#14 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

I never put much stock into the preseason and even less into the 2nd preseason game. The reason being is because most time teams seem to have that let down in week 2 because camp just ended. It's almost like an exhale. Now of course that's not an excuse but that's just one of the biggest reasons I don't put much into the 2nd preseason game.

However with that said, the discipline of the defense has to improve. There are seemingly too man vets freelancing on defense right now. Has to improve. I loved the fact that Jimmy followed Dez around the field before getting injured. I hope that trend continues with him shadowing the #1 WR for teams. Hope he's OK.

Didn't have much concern with the offense. It's tough to sit on the sidelines for that long and expect to be sharp. A lot of the early mishaps was just poor timing. The guys took a moment to crank it up. But I didn't see any bad traits out there, just guys who needed to get things going. I'll probably have more once I break down the tape.

Both Camp and DT did a great job with returns, I liked our coverage team for the most part. Juice seems like the real deal and he'll actually limit a lot of targets to both Pitta and O.D imo. He's such a mismatch for LBs and it's just too easy for Joe to throw to him.

Haven't had the chance to really breakdown the game, but it was much as what I expected for a 2nd preseason game.

mj5v69.jpg

#15 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

I never put much stock into the preseason and even less into the 2nd preseason game. The reason being is because most time teams seem to have that let down in week 2 because camp just ended. It's almost like an exhale. Now of course that's not an excuse but that's just one of the biggest reasons I don't put much into the 2nd preseason game.

However with that said, the discipline of the defense has to improve. There are seemingly too man vets freelancing on defense right now. Has to improve. I loved the fact that Jimmy followed Dez around the field before getting injured. I hope that trend continues with him shadowing the #1 WR for teams. Hope he's OK.

Didn't have much concern with the offense. It's tough to sit on the sidelines for that long and expect to be sharp. A lot of the early mishaps was just poor timing. The guys took a moment to crank it up. But I didn't see any bad traits out there, just guys who needed to get things going. I'll probably have more once I break down the tape.

Both Camp and DT did a great job with returns, I liked our coverage team for the most part. Juice seems like the real deal and he'll actually limit a lot of targets to both Pitta and O.D imo. He's such a mismatch for LBs and it's just too easy for Joe to throw to him.

Haven't had the chance to really breakdown the game, but it was much as what I expected for a 2nd preseason game.

I agree with you. But I also think the offense are still getting their timing down with the new system. I think they will before the first game.

Edited by D-Rey, 16 August 2014 - 10:52 PM.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#16 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Honestly not particularly worried about the offense right now. But the defense scares me.

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Honestly not particularly worried about the offense right now. But the defense scares me.

Same boat. It just took the offense a bit to get into a rhythm, which is understandable with how late they got into the game.

The defense as a whole is concerning. The secondary wasn't surprising, but the lack of run discipline was. I saw it last game but thought it was just jitters getting back on the field. It's fine up the gut but runs to the outside are killing us. Luckily, our issues there are highly correctable.

#18 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

I just didn't see the energy tonight. It might just be preseason but we can't start to act like we can just turn it on when the games count (especially the defensive starters), too many guys going through the motions for my liking.. These guys need to get it going, go hit someone in the mouth and play Ravens football. 

The word that keeps coming to mind is energy, we absolutely have to bring more energy into the "dress rehearsal" game. The lazy pre-season demeanor (especially out of the defense) needs to go, play like a Raven. That doesn't mean just when the games count, that means all the time. Forgive me for getting a little over critical of a pretty decent preseason game but that's what kind of football team we need to be to get back to playing championship caliber football. The standards have to be high.

Edited by sflegend89, 16 August 2014 - 11:10 PM.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#19 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Same boat. It just took the offense a bit to get into a rhythm, which is understandable with how late they got into the game.

The defense as a whole is concerning. The secondary wasn't surprising, but the lack of run discipline was. I saw it last game but thought it was just jitters getting back on the field. It's fine up the gut but runs to the outside are killing us. Luckily, our issues there are highly correctable.

The offense is also learning a new system, I expect them to continue to get better. It's honestly kind of unacceptable how far ahead of the defense they look right now considering the defense suffered very little turnover. 

#20 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'd love to see what our actual starting secondary looks like, but that may not happen anytime soon (same a last preseason, unfortunately). I don't expect us to have the next legion of boom, but they have to be better than this. As for the outside runs, I feel like I didn't see too much of Upshaw in the game after his TD. Maybe I was missing him, but he is huge for us, obviously, when it comes to setting the edge. I think the run defense will improve. I have no idea about the pass defense. Where's the rush?

Thank god they kept Flacco and the boys in for that long TD drive and two-minute scoring drive because I would have been sick to my stomach of they came out before that. Joe looked bad before that drive, and so did everyone else. I'm still waiting for this incredible steal of Eugene Monroe that people were so excited about last year to pay off. He seems average, maybe slightly above. I hope he turns it on somehow and kills it in the regular season (hopefully before that).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users