67 replies to this topic

#1 edthehead

edthehead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

I very seldom start a topic,I really enjoy reading here.Please tell me you are watching this game and your thoughts on this kid,The media attention on this dude is really out of control,,.Solomon Wilcox is calling the game and the love affair needs to end,Wilcox said at one point (3rd qtr) he is not running with the 1st team,,well he is not playing against the 1st team,Mr.johnny had 2 bad passes that he blamed the WR,and when he ran ran this was the greatest thing since AIR was created,,WOW,,Can somebody tell me their views on this guy,what is the difference between him and Vick,if vick/big Ben  can not make it a whole season,why is it so much attention placed on him,is this another TIM TEBOW,,      

Edited by edthehead, 09 August 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#2 orangle123

orangle123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Literally hilarious how much love there is for this kid.  My hope is that he's the starter by the time they play the Ravens ;D.  My biggest critque of him is that he goes through NONE of his reads.  If his first guy isn't open, he runs.  If his first guy is open for short yardage, he runs.  If he's running and his first guy becomes open, THEN he passes, but it's usually inaccurate.  An experienced defense will eat him, a QB who doesn't go through his reads is an easy snack.  But I'll give it to him, he is speedy.  But then again, so is Mosley ;)

#3 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hoyer is much better than him. Honestly, I believe he is too slow to run against NFL defenses, let alone playing against the best defenses in the world in the AFCN. When he took off running hoping to turn the corner, he was met by 2 defenders. He's not fast enough.

Solomon was totally out of line as a commentator to make a bone headed statement like He's playing with the second team here. He blamed the second team for Manziels missteps. If he struggles against 2s, how will he do with the 1s? Is Solomon going to blame Joe Thomas? Jordan Cameron? Lol

I believed he was a waste of a first round pick. I believe Cleveland has their QB in Hoyer but they are the Browns and will squander their season half way through to give Manziel the team. I can't wait for Suggs to smash that little worm!!!
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#4 MightyRaven

MightyRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Does anyone remember what happened when RG3 faced us. He got hurt. If Cleveland thinks they are going to have there quarterback run against then they are adding to there list hurt the starter.

#5 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

The media tends to latch on to special college players who are polarizing just to get more viewership. This hype in my view is unethical and ESPN leads the charge in lack of ethics in sport....

Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#6 edthehead

edthehead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

this whole johhny football thing is crazy,,and i know it is only 1 preseason game but lets look at the history of running QBs they do not work,he is nothing more than a media topic,in the immortal words of Bart Scott   "CAN'T WAIT",,, Off the topic for a second,why do everybody that start a blog have a Ravens icon and I did not get one,,, :bitenails:

Edited by edthehead, 10 August 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#7 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

he was mediocre in his first preseason game. I don't get the hype. He doesn't look as bad as Tebow but I wasn't wowed or anything.

And why is he getting the start in the second Pre-season game? Hoyer played better than he did

#8 DomMcRaven

DomMcRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Literally hilarious how much love there is for this kid.  My hope is that he's the starter by the time they play the Ravens ;D.  My biggest critque of him is that he goes through NONE of his reads.  If his first guy isn't open, he runs.  If his first guy is open for short yardage, he runs.  If he's running and his first guy becomes open, THEN he passes, but it's usually inaccurate.  An experienced defense will eat him, a QB who doesn't go through his reads is an easy snack.  But I'll give it to him, he is speedy.  But then again, so is Mosley ;)

Speaking of love for this kid, check Skip Bayless's twitter (proceed with caution). https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless

#9 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

Manziel, to me, looks like a slower version of Colin Kaepernick - with the main difference being that Kaep is actually fairly decent at progressing through his reads during plays before taking off running.

Both aren't very accurate on throws, which will cause lots of headaches for their offenses during the course of a season.  On the other hand, both are fairly elusive and if they take off can gash defenses for a significant amount of yardage at a time.  Goal line defense becomes very difficult against them with the read option.

As has been said before, Hoyer is clearly the better option at QB.  Not really sure why the Browns bothered with Manziel.

#10 DomMcRaven

DomMcRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

he was mediocre in his first preseason game. I don't get the hype. He doesn't look as bad as Tebow but I wasn't wowed or anything.

And why is he getting the start in the second Pre-season game? Hoyer played better than he did

I'm guessing that they want Manziel to have snaps with the first offense since he didn't stink up the joint, per se. Just a guess. I could care less though. Manziel will learn that he will not get away with what he did in college.

#11 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned with Manziel.   Playing in the AFC North, it will only be a matter of time before someone cleans his clock and I don't think he is a Timex either! lol

23jjplx.jpg

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned with Manziel. Playing in the AFC North, it will only be a matter of time before someone cleans his clock and I don't think he is a Timex either! lol

I wouldn't even consider him to be a free watch that comes with a child's cereal
Banned

#13 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,984 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

The media tends to latch on to special college players who are polarizing just to get more viewership. This hype in my view is unethical and ESPN leads the charge in lack of ethics in sport....

Yeah it is sickening. Johnny was 7/11 for 63 yards. Blake Bortles was also 7/11 but had 117 yards but let's ignore that fact. The media treats it as if 7/11 for 63 yards means he should be the starter but Bortles does it and gets more yards and it's a preseason game, it didn't mean nothing.

Edited by JO_75, 12 August 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#14 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

Yeah it is sickening. Johnny was 7/11 for 63 yards. Blake Bortles was also 7/11 but had 117 yards but let's ignore that fact. The media treats it as if 7/11 for 63 yards means he should be the starter but Bortles does it and gets more yards and it's a preseason game, it didn't mean nothing.

Yes. Sickening is the right emotion. This kid is being hyped so much that I feel bad for him because they are setting him up for failure, although he seems to enjoy the attention a too much...

Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#15 DomMcRaven

DomMcRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Yes. Sickening is the right emotion. This kid is being hyped so much that I feel bad for him because they are setting him up for failure, although he seems to enjoy the attention a too much...

That's why I don't feel bad for him...at all. He plays for the Browns is reason number one. Number two is the fact that he's making millions (the money gesture comes to mind). Perhaps if he played for the Jags or Texans (just to see Manziel vs. Luck 2x a year would be intriguing to say the least) then maybe I'd root for him. 

#16 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,531 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

I agree, Manziel played with the 2nd stringers and ESPN says, is it now Johnny's spot to lose? (Starting QB) there's a big difference between Suh and Ziggy Ansah coming at you than some guys trying to make the team. Johnny will learn that lesson all too quick. I can't wait for Suggs and Doom to make a Johnny Football Sandwich between purple bread
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

I like Johnny football!

#Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#18 MightyRaven

MightyRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

one, Johnny isn't starting the preseason game so i believe Hoyer has the lead. two, Josh Gordon might be done for the season and that kills for either QB.

#19 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,984 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Mark your calenders everyone. Tuesday is the big day, the Browns will name their starting quarterback for the regular season. 

Over/Under on how much of the media will bash Cleveland for not starting Johnny if Hoyer is named the starting quarterback.

http://www.rotoworld...g-qb-on-tuesday

#20 MightyRaven

MightyRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

I don't think the media will bash the browns for the decision. It is better for johnny to replace hoyer at mid season then for johnny to start and lose a couple of games and then hoyer starts to win games after johnny gets injured when they face the ravens. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users