RavensFan34950

Brandon Williams

105 posts in this topic

This kid is going to be something special this season. From what I saw, he was a BEAST in the middle on Thursday. Not only did he hold his position against the run, but he was constantly using his Silver Back strength to collapse the pocket. I'm calling it right now, between now and the end of next season he is going to be the best Nose Tackle in the game. BOOK IT!!! I think we'll be just fine without Art Jones.

He will be fine. A few plays I thought he was too high in his stance but once that gets fixed and he's lower like ngata it'll free up Mosley

I think he's going to be a game changer down the line and leaves us in good shape for when Haloti decides to retire. I don't wanna go too far and throw out names like Wilfork and Geno but........

He will be fine. A few plays I thought he was too high in his stance but once that gets fixed and he's lower like ngata it'll free up Mosley

He does play too high at times as you said, and when he does, he gets driven back.  When he plays lower though, he's immovable.  That's just a consistency thing to be worked out.  I think we have a very good one on our hands.

a younger sam adams. he's a clogger. being from a small school he will always be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

I've been excited since he was drafted but this year I'm even more excited.....dude is outright beast......

Between him Jernigan, KLM and Tyson we have the best young breed of a defensive front that is downright scary... I am not counting Urban who is going to be another beast in the making!

Just heard klm was carted off practice field with possible turn acr

Ruptured Achilles...He's done for the season.

Ruptured Achilles...He's done for the season.

Remember when everyone was all going crazy when we drafted Jernigan? Ozzie knows what he's doing.

Remember when everyone was all going crazy when we drafted Jernigan? Ozzie knows what he's doing.

Lol because newsome can predict urban tearing an acl and KLM rupturing his Achilles. Ozzie is a great gm but he can't predict the future, if he could he wouldn't have drafted kindle, Dan Cody, boller, etc.

Edited by redlobster

Jernigan was an excellent pick imo...klm I was never a huge fan so I guess the news doesn't really bother me much..anyone have a time table for Cody?

Lol because newsome can predict urban tearing an acl and KLM rupturing his Achilles. Ozzie is a great gm but he can't predict the future, if he could he wouldn't have drafted kindle, Dan Cody, boller, etc.

yea, you can't say cody kindle etc are bad picks because they got career ending injuries. Same way you can't justify other picks because they are forced to play due to others getting injured

I met him in person.  He's a really nice and down to earth guy.  I am on his official bandwagon in the bandwagon forum.  I can't wait to see him get some good reps this season.

Lol

The best thing about Williams possibly starting at NT, is Ngata at DE, where he was his most dominant

I'm looking forward to see him play against that Dallas OL this week. It will be tough to get to Romo this season. Great test for the DL.

Edited by PolishRifle

I'm looking forward to see him play against that Dallas OL this week. It will be tough to get to Romo this season. Great test for the DL.

Though they don't have squat on defense, they sure as hell have rebuilt that o line.

Though they don't have squat on defense, they sure as hell have rebuilt that o line.

It won't be much of test for Flacco and Co., but we get to see how Brandon and Jernigan fare against some really great players. I laughed out loud, when Jerry picked up Travis Frederick last year. Thanks to him and Wagner, I'll never doubt a Wisconsin Badger lineman again. I learned my lesson.

Edited by PolishRifle

It won't be much of test for Flacco and Co., but we get to see how Brandon and Jernigan fare against some really great players. I laughed out loud, when Jerry picked up Travis Frederick last year. Thanks to him and Wagner, I'll never doubt a Wisconsin Badger lineman again. I learned my lesson.

I think everyone laughed at that pick, but for once Jerry was right. I expect us to light up that Dallas defense at will.

On topic, I think Williams emerges as a star for us down the line.

i'm waiting for these boards to melt if the Dallas D gives us a hard time

It will and should if that happens. The Dallas defense has essentially got rid of or lost most key parts. If we struggle I will be very worried. Honestly, it's a lose lose to me. If they don't do well they will be burnt to ground here. If they do well it was expected, but I think that's a good thing. It seems like the offense is rarely held accountable, or to a certain standard here, but the second the defense is out of the top 10 they're terrible.

Yeah, I'll be livid if that happens.

Considering our past, I'm fully expecting it to

i'm waiting for these boards to melt if the Dallas D  gives us a hard time

A good point actually. The Ravens, Flacco especially, have a history of looking great, even against great defenses, one week and then following up with a bad performance the next week, sometimes even against bad defenses. I'm still blaming Cam and his playbook for that, so maybe playing against the Cowgirls D won't be such a waste of time after all. Just them (again, especially Flacco) playing really well week in week out and up to expectations will show us that we're moving in the right direction.

I say, we get to see two drives by the first team offense, that will go for TDs (passing TDs).

Edited by PolishRifle