Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Next Game, Who Should Run With the Ones?

34 posts in this topic

I want to see Taliaferro 34 and Jacobs 39 run with the Ones.

I have resigned to the fact that Brown 23 is not ready, but Jacobs deserves a look there.

Also with Rice absent first 2 games, Lorenzo is a bigger change of pace back than Forsett and could give us tough yards in short situations at the least.

Any others you would like to see with the Ones?

Receivers.  All of them besides Torrey and Steve Smith.  It's hard to see what they got with our number 2 offensive line and Tyrod being so inconsistent.  

I would like to see Aiken, Butler, or Campanaro play with the ones since we know what Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, and Jacoby Jones have out there.

Will hill, Camp and aiken. Or as someone else said, the other wrs who they're considering.

Did Asa run with them?

I would like to see all of our roster lock receivers sit except Marlon to see who can seperate and play against the 1's. An interesting lineup would be Aiken and Butler on the outside with Marlon/Campanaro working the slot. 

I'd also like to see Deji Olatoye and Sammy Seamster get their shots with the ones. Chykie is still looking inconsistent and Asa looks to be the #3 corner for the season start. I think one of the guys I listed above makes the roster as a reserve corner/ST. 

I want to get some Will Hill looks at either at safety or nickleback. Want to see some Juice in different sets. Want to see KLM in for Canty.

i wouldnt say talliaferro because i think we still need to see pierce with the ones instead of rice, we wont have rice for 2 regular season games, work pierce into the game plan as the 1, because if things go smoothly, he will be our 1 soon anyway, but i would like to see talliaferro WITH the 1's as a 2nd option instead of him running with backups. 

would like to see gilmore as the 2nd TE instead of daniels, because i simply dont like him as a player, no disrespect to him, and i think he was very good in his prime and he brings a ton of knowledge about our new scheme, but i dont see him lasting a whole season without getting put on IR, even as a backup, and i like gilmores potential, keep him with the ones when you use a 2TE set. 

very obviously arthur brown, more mcphee to see if he can play well rounded and consistent against 1's, will hill would be a nice sight out there even though he wont be in until late this year, keep asa with the 1's instead of chykie and he will run away with the job. 

campanaro and some aiken/butler, with camps playing style i would love to see him get some extended time, he seems to be a pretty heady kid, great hands, great quickness, refined route running, good west coast fit. 

MORE JUICE!

I would like to see all of our roster lock receivers sit except Marlon to see who can seperate and play against the 1's. An interesting lineup would be Aiken and Butler on the outside with Marlon/Campanaro working the slot. 

I'd also like to see Deji Olatoye and Sammy Seamster get their shots with the ones. Chykie is still looking inconsistent and Asa looks to be the #3 corner for the season start. I think one of the guys I listed above makes the roster as a reserve corner/ST. 

i like this idea, i wouldnt mind leaving every offensive player except for the OL and joe to sit, so we can see what we really have, aiken butler and campanaro as the 3 WR's, gilmore as the TE, idk who would play the 2nd TE, and talliaferro as the starting HB. 

i like this idea, i wouldnt mind leaving every offensive player except for the OL and joe to sit, so we can see what we really have, aiken butler and campanaro as the 3 WR's, gilmore as the TE, idk who would play the 2nd TE, and talliaferro as the starting HB. 

Probably experiment with using Juice as the #2 TE/H back, or they could use phillip supernaw. 

Cody, Hopkins, Tyson, Jernigan on DL. Chykie, Omar, Miles, Brooks, Jackson, Seamster, Jacobs and Olatoye in the secondary. Arthur Brown at LB.

On offense, I'd like to see everyone not named Jacoby, Torrey, Steve and maybe even Joe.

Probably experiment with using Juice as the #2 TE/H back, or they could use phillip supernaw. 

ehh i dont expect that guy to even make the 53 honestly, not by a long shot, keep gilmore lined up next to the tackle, slide juice around as a FB, shotgun HB, slot receiver, 2nd inline TE, wherever, see what we can do with him before the regular season... or keep him a secret and unleash him against cinci, make a child out of vontaze!

In light of KLM's injury, I need to see Tyson AND Jernigan running with the ones. We need to figure out what we have with those two.

on offense Aiken as a sub for Jacoby at the 3rd wr, and Taliafero. On Defense Arthur Brown, and Franks.

Def

Canty, Williams, Ngata

Upshaw, Brown, Mosley, Suggs

Franks, Miles, Elam, Smith with Jackson in on the slot.

Arthur Brown, Kamar Aiken, D. Franks, and can Will Hill run with the #1's in a preseason game? I know he is suspended for the first 6 regular season games. The reason I said Franks and Hill is because I would like to know if they can be good insurance in the secondary.

Arthur Brown, Kamar Aiken, D. Franks, and can Will Hill run with the #1's in a preseason game? I know he is suspended for the first 6 regular season games. The reason I said Franks and Hill is because I would like to know if they can be good insurance in the secondary.

Yes, Hill is good to go for any and all preseason games.

I would like to see Arthur Brown. Even Bynes got more early time than him.

I'd like to see McPhee run with first team DL ( with KLM going down McPhee needs to be back in the trenches)

Taliaferro needs early reps over Forsett. To me Forsett has already shown what he is capable of in the NFL for the first 2 games he could serve has a reliable back up or 3rd down back to spell pierce. But I'd rather see the young fellow get as much action as he can to help his development.

Asa Jackson over C.Brown. ( I'd also like to see earlier action from Seamster, Olatoye to judge their chances of making the team or adding depth) Mind frame- last preseason let's get M.Brown & Mellette some action just to see.

Wagner played nice so I'm looking forward towards seeing more of him, but I'd also like to see Hurst get some snaps in against better defenders and I've read that OT D.Mims has had some good moments in practice. I just want these guys to get PT over Jah Reid whom always seems to be injured anyway.