Moderator 2

Pre-season Game 1 vent/ compliment thread -- who played well-- who didn't !

136 posts in this topic

Overall great effort by everyone.

Thought marlon coulda been more aggressive on the int tho. Show the fire he had last yr

Do I have to vent?  I was actually pretty impressed lol.  A few minor kinks need to be worked out, and the depth on the OL and CB are still concerns.  It was a pretty great game overall though.

C.J and Kamar showed the camp reports weren't flukes.

Wished I saw more Campereno.

Edit : Jacobs was very active , good tackling.

Edited by Static

Chykie had  a bad night and 2nd string oline was a little iffy. All in all I liked what i saw from the first string offense. Hoping that's just the beginning.

I like Juice.  Get on the band wagon wile there is room !!!!!!!!!!!

Taliaferro reminds me of Jamal Lewis.

I like Kubs' a lot too.

Oh yeah Mosley seems legit too.

Edited by K-Dog

Keep it relatively clean and no death threats

This is the Ravens forum, not the Eagles one.

I was pleased to see Rice at a lighter weight and seeing him looking like his old self. 

Where the heck was marlon brown today? All I've been hearing about him is dropped balls in camp and now a no show in game 1. I wouldn't be mad if we keep butler or Aiken over him. I kind of hope so.

Would have liked to see Flacco in for more than just the one drive. The rest of the game gave me flashbacks to last year's offense, though the run game was better even then.

Think we should have seen some of Wenning other than a knee. 

Juice looked good. First team offense looked sharp. Hope that is a sign of even better things to come.

Juice Blew up his blocks showed nice hands and was a hard tackle.

Juoooooice!

I don't think we drop Marlon no matter how hard he tries to dissaper. His perform last year alone could keep in on this roster. He could still be a red zone man if his role was reduced.

Edited by Static

I remember this thread last year...No need for it this game. I was like Here we go again when Hyde was brusing us...But DID WE RESPOND! The first throw to Pitta made me spit out my water. I Can't believe it, we have a legit offense in Baltimore.....

Not to discredit Hyde but we stacked the box and he ran outside. Which the exact opposite thing you expect from the niners and Hyde.

Do I have to vent?  I was actually pretty impressed lol.  A few minor kinks need to be worked out, and the depth on the OL and CB are still concerns.  It was a pretty great game overall though.

I changed it for you "Vent/Compliment thread". It's preseason for the mods too-- not really lol

I'm most impressed with Lorenzo Taliaferro.

(Deserves his named typed out after that performance.)

I'm most excited to see CJ Mosley next to Daryl Smith week 1. (2013 version of Daryl, anyway. Hopefully age has yet to catch up.)

I'm most worried about our offensive line depth. It's horrid. Horrid is an understatement. (Cornerback comes in at a close 2nd. Especially with the new rules that make it harder for them.)

Overall, I'm excited and I'm confident this team will be contending come January...

I changed it for you "Vent/Compliment thread". It's preseason for the mods too-- not really lol

It's good to know I have some pull around here.  ;)

Good:

- Starting offense 

- Kubiak's playcalling

- CJ Mosley (Pitt will be kicking themselves by the end of the year for passing him up, not even that Shazier won't be good)

- Asa Jackson

- Taliaferro

- Jeromy Miles

- Jacobs + Franks

Bad:

-  A.Q. Shipley

-  Hurst

- McPhee (just seemed like an off game for him, not concerned)

Ugly:

- Frank Walker.. oops I mean Chykie 

I like Juice. Get on the band wagon wile there is room !!!!!!!!!!!

Taliaferro reminds me of Jamal Lewis.

I like Kubs' a lot too.

Oh yeah Mosley seems legit too.

I agree on all counts. Especially the Jamal comparison. It's early but he's a bruiser.

Ugly:

- Frank Walker.. oops I mean Chykie 

lol...that poor guy has become a legend for all the wrong reasons

49ers were missing some guys but we looked good. Our defense did fine as well. Did anyone see Arthur Brown?

yes he made a couple tackles and had a pressure to set up a sack. he also tossed veteran guard Adam Snyder to the ground like get down to the ground noob, lol.

Edited by Ravenskid52752

1.  Nice to see we not only have an awesome fullback, but that he does more than sit on the bench all game

2.  Mosley looked great, fast and he'll only get better

3.  Asa looked great and as others have said, I think if the season started tomorrow (regular season) he would be the easy number three.  Chykie isn't playing fundamentally sound, which is how a good WR abuses you

4.  Is it too soon to feel relief about the run game?  Because I don't think so.  Who else was psyched to see not only Rice look quick and fast, but also the backup crew showing dominance

5.  The offense as a whole looked great, this playbook is way more sophisticated than anything Cam or Jim came up with the last few years.  We will definitely give defenses something to prepare for

BONUS.  Shout out to #17, made some nice catches, fought for the ball, looked like he wants the job here, welcome to the Ravens, maybe we can find a spot for you in our crowded recieving corps

I pretty much agree with every other positive comment in this thread. Didn't expect our starting offense to click so soon. Joe looked comfortable out there and I'm not ready to say it yet but I do know we will score a bunch of points this season. Seems our RT issue was overblown by not just the media but by some here. The OL held up well, and just maybe this is what the Ravens knew when they were going to go with Wagner at RT.

It's pretty hard to tell much from one drive against a depleted 49ers D in preseason. They made it look easy, and it was. It's just good to see guys executing well and having their fundamentals down in a new offense.

I was impressed with Asa, Juice, CJ, Lorenzo, Kamar, Jeremy, Tyrod, and Jacoby. I think Lorenzo is gonna be our late round draft steal, that dude runs hard. Although it's only preseason and our play calling is probably very vanilla, I can already tell that I'm going to have no problem with Kubiak.

Edit: forgot to mention Tramain Jacobs he played well also

Edited by pitchblack_20

As for the disappointments I'm going with chykie and although I'm not expecting anything spectacular or even good from James Hurst I didn't like his play today.