PuRock

Ravens MB Pick 'Em League - All Are Welcomed!

315 posts in this topic

Anyone (BR.com poster) can join, and its free.  The more the merrier.  I've sent out invitations to all the players from last year's league.  Below is the log-in information:

League Provider:  Yahoo

Join URL:  http://football.fant...ister/joingroup

Group ID#  9224

Password:  ravens

Group Name:  Ravens MB League

Feel free to log-in and create a Pick Set Name.  I suggest including your BR.com's user id in your Pick Set Name.    Feel free to post your picks in this thread.  I will give a weekly update in thread as to leaders and other pertinent information.

Rules:

• Pick a winner of every game during the week
  • Picks lock 5 minutes before each individual game
  • We Drop 1 week's score (So feel free to sign up after week 1, you just won't have a wk to drop)
  • We pick all the way through the SB
  • Winner gets nothing besides being awesome, having bragging rights, and maybe a round of golf claps.  

I'm back! 

To defend my 11th (ish) place finish...

You guys are quick.  I hit refresh in the league and there are already 5 people.  

We should get a lot more players since we aren't starting 2 days before the regular season.  

I'm definitely interested. I'll sign up later in the day.

I remember doing well last year, although I can't recall how well.  Either way, I'm back of course.

I remember doing well last year, although I can't recall how well.  Either way, I'm back of course.

I never posted the final standings.  I saw them when renewing the league, but apparently the records get erased 

Pretty sure you were top 5 at the end of the day.   It was like Me, Horus then Gabe/Flaccopoe/T3hRaven (in some order).  

Hmmm. Went ahead and did my early picks. I have three games I'm way opposite consensus. And very confident on all three.

Up to 21 players. 

Anybody (board members) can sign up.  You can even sign up and make your picks for the entire season right now (sans playoffs) instead of week to week.  

The more the merrier.  

I may have to look into this

You should.  Its an extremely easy game.  Each week you just select who you think will win (no point spreads, etc) and a few tiebreaker questions (i.e who will score the most this week, etc).  It takes 3 minutes each week (or you can pick in advance). 

So far here are the board members playing:

Purock

Gabe

T3hRaven

Geving

Mt. Crushmore

Berad

Horus

allblackraven

ravenlover

ravensdan

Purple Nurple

Gordo

BmoreRav

H8R

Elmo

JO_75

beanfigger

blackdog

Darklight

MoveThoseChains (?)

I can change this later right? (?)

You should.  Its an extremely easy game.  Each week you just select who you think will win (no point spreads, etc) and a few tiebreaker questions (i.e who will score the most this week, etc).  It takes 3 minutes each week (or you can pick in advance). 

So far here are the board members playing:

Purock

Gabe

T3hRaven

Geving

Mt. Crushmore

Berad

Horus

allblackraven

ravenlover

ravensdan

Purple Nurple

Gordo

BmoreRav

H8R

Elmo

JO_75

beanfigger

blackdog

Darklight

MoveThoseChains (?)

I can change this later right? (?)

I'll sign up after I get on my laptop

Anyone (BR.com poster) can join, and its free.  The more the merrier.  I've sent out invitations to all the players from last year's league.  Below is the log-in information:

Group ID#  9224

Feel free to log-in and create a Pick Set Name.  I suggest including your BR.com's user id in your Pick Set Name.    Feel free to post your picks in this thread.  I will give a weekly update in thread as to leaders and other pertinent information.

Rules:

• Pick a winner of every game during the week
  • Picks lock 5 minutes before each individual game
  • We Drop 1 week's score (So feel free to sign up after week 1, you just won't have a wk to drop)
  • We pick all the way through the SB
  • Winner gets nothing besides being awesome, having bragging rights, and maybe a round of golf claps.  

Could you have the option of dropping another week besides Week 1? Maybe Week 17 can be dropped instead? Since for the most part teams who have the division/bye clinched won't play their starters, etc. 

Could you have the option of dropping another week besides Week 1? Maybe Week 17 can be dropped instead? Since for the most part teams who have the division/bye clinched won't play their starters, etc. 

I'm pretty sure it means you can choose the week you drop, but you only cut one of them loose. It just means that if you get shot in the leg on Wednesday and are in a coma until Monday you won't fall behind everyone else.

Anyway, I finally got around to joining.

You automatically have your week with the lowest score dropped.

You automatically have your week with the lowest score dropped.

Definitely a better way to put it than I just did, although my reasons behind it still apply ^_^

Definitely a better way to put it than I just did, although my reasons behind it still apply ^_^

Just doing my job as the forum correction officer

What these two said.  

Yahoo has some orderly system of dropping since not all weeks are created equal.  

Only up to 23 players. We can do better than that.  See first post for instructions to register.  

How many last year? What's the record?

We had at least 28 last year, but I think 2 straggled in, so we'll say 30.  

We should get plenty of last minute entries.  

We had at least 28 last year, but I think 2 straggled in, so we'll say 30.  

We should get plenty of last minute entries.  

So what's the final count heading into Thursday? I just made my picks, are you making the weekly thread like we had last year?

So what's the final count heading into Thursday? I just made my picks, are you making the weekly thread like we had last year?

25 by my last count. Not a bad turnout.

25 by my last count. Not a bad turnout.

I've been meaning to bump this up.  We are up to 25.  A good amount, but we can probably get a few more. 

Still time to join.  You can even join after Thursday's game or even next week (you'd drop week 1).  Everyone is invited to play this simple game that takes 5 minutes a week.  Below are the details:

Group ID#  9224

Just curious, what time do the games lock?

5 minutes before each game.  

Anyone else choosing GB?

Last two years GB has gotten beaten by SF week 1.  Just don't know they can go into Seattle (where the fans will be absolutely nuts in wk 1) against a similar team.  

I want to choose GB, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it. I already have a few weird upsets.

I think Lacey running inside early followed by Rodgers fast pace offense could wear put Seattle early. The big question is the packers D improved enough to slow Seattle down at least. I say 27-23 packers

Anyone picking upsets?

I have about four. I'm in a very slim minority for at least one of them iirc.

Anyone picking upsets?

Dallas over San Francisco in a shoot out. Romo comes through in crunch time.

I think Lacey running inside early followed by Rodgers fast pace offense could wear put Seattle early. The big question is the packers D improved enough to slow Seattle down at least. I say 27-23 packers

Brandon me bane laughs at the thought of Lacy running inside

Anyone want to set up a survivor pick league?

If one's set up I'll jump in, but I'm not passionate enough to go and set one up myself. Maybe later tonight if I think of it.

Procrastinators unite. Eventually.

Went against the consensus 3 times, both in situations where I am a big fan of the defense, one close and the other not quite as much

Edited by 52520Andrew

I have three toss-ups this week: New Orleans-Atlanta, Houston-Washington, and St. Louis-Minnesota.

I have three toss-ups this week: New Orleans-Atlanta, Houston-Washington, and St. Louis-Minnesota.

Yeah that sounds about right

We are, but it isn't very flattering. 1.5 @ home.

Can you remove 'allblackraven' player please? Had to join again and that thing somehow let me join with the same name?!?

Valid entry has made week 1 picks.