Ravens-Texans      Joe Flacco      Schedule   

Photo

Anyone think this logo should be used more?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

n5kmmo.png

I love the all black logo with the red eyes. Looks super intimidating. Seen it on some Ravens apparel and now it's on the tickets apparently. Do y'all agree that it should be seen more? 

My bad re-creation: 

72951_10151350479074470_566966629_n.jpg

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#2 100YARDS

100YARDS

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Yeah,  I like it

#3 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Anything is better than that ugly winged B, we had for the first 3 years in Balimore.

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,303 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

I still like the shield the best.
15fqib6.jpg

#5 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

I like "The Shield"/Flag representing the Ravens,Orioles,JHU and Maryland.

#6 pitchblack_20

pitchblack_20

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

That logo is sick. Is there anyway we could actually present these ideas to the FO ?

#7 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm okay with our logo as it is. The thing I hate about the Ravens uniforms, is whenever they wear black pants AND black socks. It looks like they're wearing ballet tights. Some purple stripes would solve that problem. I don't like the 3D effect on the numbers either.

Edited by PolishRifle, 07 August 2014 - 02:06 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#8 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm okay with our logo as it is. The thing I hate about the Ravens uniforms, is whenever they wear black pants AND black socks. It looks like they're wearing ballet tights. Some purple stripes would solve that problem. I don't like the 3D effect on the numbers either.

yea I hate that leggings looks, some kinda strip would be good there

z66oxxi.jpg

#9 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Same. They look great as an alternative spin on the logo, but if you were to put it on a helmet/uniform it wouldn't really do to well IMO. It just doesn't pop.

#10 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

yea I hate that leggings looks, some kinda strip would be good there

I'm for more for subtle changes, rather than let Nike go crazy on the designs. You never know how those new uniforms work out. Sometimes they worked out great like the Seahawks (which were buttugly before) or the Vikes (the new uniforms are very nice; love the simplicity) unis and other times they look horrible like for the Jags or the Bucs (seriously, those digital watch numbers are the worst!Call me crazy, but I actually like the very first Tampa unis).

Edited by PolishRifle, 07 August 2014 - 02:52 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#11 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

When they was first building the stadium I remember hearing they was going to build a big black bird with the red eyes. They was going to have it looking out at the street while there was no game action and during the game rotate it 180 degrees and have it looking in on the field. They nixed it tho cuz it was gonna cost too much money since it was taxpayer funds. Would have been neat tho.

#12 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'd like to see what it would look like to get rid of the white pants and try an all purple home uni. Might look good, might not, but I'm not a fan of the white pants.

But the logo for the thread topic is cool. I think it should only be used on merch though. It wouldn't show up real well on the black helmets. The shield is still my favorite.

Edited by bMore Heathen, 07 August 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#13 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

No.

What is it with black? The Ravens colors are PURPLE and black. Not black and black. Purple is the main color. Its what sets them apart from other teams. Lots of teams use black, including the Steelers. We are the only ones that use (real) purple. Yes, yes there is that team up north that uses lavender and calls it purple, like the Steelers use black and yellow and call it "gold". Gold. Right. Fool's gold maybe.

Purple.

Hate the shield. What are we the Baltimore Marylanders? There should be a raven on the logo. Not some goofy shield.

As far as the other ravens head, the one looking forward, I just prefer the one they use now.

Although that black logo would look good on a shirt.

Edited by jaege, 07 August 2014 - 05:39 PM.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,908 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

n5kmmo.png

I love the all black logo with the red eyes. Looks super intimidating. Seen it on some Ravens apparel and now it's on the tickets apparently. Do y'all agree that it should be seen more? 

My bad re-creation: 

72951_10151350479074470_566966629_n.jpg

Now, did you really want us to see the logo or the fact that you got 3 tickets to tonight's game brah? :229031_rofl:

#Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#15 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hate the shield. What are we the Baltimore Marylanders? There should be a raven on the logo. Not some goofy shield.

I dunno. The shield make sense to me considering this teams history. It's almost like Baltimore wants to hold on to this franchise as hard as they can and not lose it like they did with the Colts. I like history and tradition, because it gives people focus and a sense of purpose.

Edited by PolishRifle, 07 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#16 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

I dunno. The shield make sense to me considering this teams history. It's almost like Baltimore wants to hold on to this franchise as hard as they can and not lose it like they did with the Colts. I like history and tradition, because it gives people focus and a sense of purpose.

Aside from my thinking it is goofy, to me it is just too busy. Too much going on, with the flag and all the various colors and shapes. The logo should be simple so that school kids can doodle it on their notebooks when the teacher is droning on about the price of rice in China.

It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#17 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

The team is based in Baltimore and we represent Maryland as well. All the Baltimore teams use our magnificent flag, from community colleges to the pros. Seeing how each one uses it is pretty fun. The flag is one of the best looking on the planet in my opinion and even been voted top 3 in the entire NA. We have history and tradition and we love to celebrate it. 

Aside from my thinking it is goofy, to me it is just too busy. Too much going on, with the flag and all the various colors and shapes. The logo should be simple so that school kids can doodle it on their notebooks when the teacher is droning on about the price of rice in China.

So it should be simple so people can draw it? Ugh that's the worst reason I've ever heard. I like that our main logo isn't just some bird someone drew. It's a shield representing the City and state and declaring it loud and clear. You go to the games you see people waving our flag around, especially at Orioles games. I like the complexity and how it sets us apart from everyone else.

#18 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,344 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

NO! Ravens are not just black
68f2a8.jpg

#19 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Now, did you really want us to see the logo or the fact that you got 3 tickets to tonight's game brah? :229031_rofl:

#Mili

I'm in Austin, Texas man lol

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,908 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

I'm in Austin, Texas man lol

I know your info says Austin, Texas brah!  lol!  That doesn't mean that you didn't travel up to B-more for the game.  I believe those tickets picks was for the game tonight right?  That's why I mentioned it!

#Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users