#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

Read this article http://sports.yahoo....440187-nfl.html

Probably the best quote "I don't know whether they tried and Rice stonewalled them".  Really?  Yeah, I don't know but I'll say it anyway.  Amazed this guy is a reporter.

On top of it he doesn't buy that the league is basing their punishment off the courts. For some reason it is insane to him that the NFL doesn't respect the US justice system and should instead try to make their own rules about how someone should be punished. 

Edited by dhstandard, 07 August 2014 - 02:11 AM.

2yno6dx.png

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,990 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

What's wrong with what he said? Why would he not criticize the NFL for not watching the video before making the punishment, if that report is true?

Doesn't matter anymore and I really don't want to go in circles again. Just don't disagree with what Florio said (for once). Can we just lock this?

EDIT: Clarified a statement

Edited by The Raven, 07 August 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#3 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

What's wrong is that it's all conjecture masquerading as fact.

If Goodell and the NFL haven't commented, how does Florio know what they've seen and what they haven't?

No reason to re-hash the whole argument, and no reason to lock the thread if we can stay on topic, which is what a biased, sensationalist tool Florio really is.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

#4 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,194 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Rice said at his most recent press conference that the NFL had all of the information that law enforcement had, I believe. Meaning the tape, if there is one.

What you're witnessing - and the feeling that is making your skin crawl - is a desperate blogger trying to beat stories out of a horse that probably just looks like bloody pulp by now.

Because Florio is not a "reporter", he is a re-blogger. His staff searches the internet for others' work then throws a lame, miserable opinion all over it.

edit - 12:30 of this video. http://www.baltimore...bc-b9200bc96ef0

Mike Florio is a leech and a liar. He's clung to this story for too long with too much misinformation.

Edited by berad, 07 August 2014 - 06:31 AM.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#5 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

That hairpiece Florio is a joke of a 'reporter' or 'analyst', whatever he is lol. All he is coming out with is hearsay to keep this topic alive so he has something to talk about. I'm 99% sure Goodell and whoever else needed to see it did. Just because they didn't send Florio a personal letter by pigeon carrier to inform him, maybe he's a little salty. 

#6 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Well, if in fact the NFL didn't look at the tape then Florio makes a good point.

And,  if in fact the NFL didn't look at the tape then you can argue why there is even a suspension but just a fine?

#7 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

I read the article at Yahoo (didn't watch the video), and it says a lot of things like:

PFT's Mike Florio joined "The Dan Patrick Show" to discuss the fact that the league never looked at the footage during the process of determining the length of Rice's suspension.

and

"I was shocked," Florio said when asked how he reacted to the revelation that the NFL had not looked at the video. "That is an amazing twist in this story, in my view."

Can someone point me to something that reveals this fact?  Outside of this article, I've never seen that news before.  Reading this article was news to me that the league never viewed the tape, I'm curious how the people discussing it in this article know that, when and how they learned it, and when the news was propagated, because I can't find it mentioned anywhere else.  

Hmm... Ok, after some Googling, it looks like Jay Glazer (a sportswriter for Fox, not affiliated with the NFL) claimed it to the guys at the Dan Patrick Show, who then propagated it as news.  Are we really sure that this is accurate?  Sounds a lot like a media rumor and speculation to me.  I've heard people in the media claim a LOT of conflicting things as "inside information" about this incident, and it can't all be true, so we know that some of these insiders are wrong or just speculating and passing it off as fact, and I'm not so sure that this isn't one of those cases.  The NFL doesn't seem to have commented on whether they saw the video or not.

#8 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

This contradicts earlier reports from Jamison Hensley that the league did indeed see the video

Just goes to show I don't think anyone truly has a clue about what's been happening or did happen. That and try to remember Florio is a columnist or re-blogger, so he's not required to truly research facts, conduct his own research, or interview anyone. Just calls out what he wants to

Edited by BmoreBird22, 07 August 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#9 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

And according to Ray, Roger, and the Courts....  Their decisions were based on information that the public doesn't have.  They reviewed all of the available and relevant information before coming to a decision...  THAT has been stated over and over.  If the tape wasn't made available to the NFL, and Ray and Janay BOTH met with Roger to discuss the incident, and the court documents were reviewed, then truthfully, he used all of the information provided to him to make the decision for punishment......

People Need To LET IT GO!!!!  --  Especially Florio

117hd79.jpg

#10 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,045 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

Go Ravens! SB Bound! Led by Rice averaging 4.5 YPC!
Posted Image

#11 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

Go Ravens! SB Bound! Led by Rice averaging 4.5 YPC!

You've been on a roll lately.

#12 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Do I need to sing the Frozen song people????  Let it go, Let it go.......

117hd79.jpg

#13 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,045 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

You've been on a roll lately.

Just cant wait for Ravens football. The Rice threads, the Flacco threads, the homerism, the "haters", the articles on (insert any Raven name) and how he sucks, the posters taking things out of context etc etc etc. I just want football!!!
Posted Image

#14 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,753 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Just cant wait for Ravens football. The Rice threads, the Flacco threads, the homerism, the "haters", the articles on (insert any Raven name) and how he sucks, the posters taking things out of context etc etc etc. I just want football!!!

And you think that is going to change by magic? The first dropped pass, INT, fumble, 3 and out...and it's "on".
15fqib6.jpg

#15 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,045 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

And you think that is going to change by magic? The first dropped pass, INT, fumble, 3 and out...and it's "on".

No, it wont change. I'm not ignorant enough to think that, ha. BUT at least we'll have Ravens football then.
Posted Image

#16 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Someone else in the NFL needs to do something wrong.
We need a spotlight shift.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#17 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Someone else in the NFL needs to do something wrong.
We need a spotlight shift.

I want it to be Peyton Manning. Then I wanna see how the media reacts.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#18 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

This contradicts earlier reports from Jamison Hensley that the league did indeed see the video

Just goes to show I don't think anyone truly has a clue about what's been happening or did happen. That and try to remember Florio is a columnist or re-blogger, so he's not required to truly research facts, conduct his own research, or interview anyone. Just calls out what he wants to

Peter king said the same

But in reality the nfl doesn't have authority
So if law enforcement doesn't release tape
Nfl can't do [crap]

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,286 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

And according to Ray, Roger, and the Courts....  Their decisions were based on information that the public doesn't have.  They reviewed all of the available and relevant information before coming to a decision...  THAT has been stated over and over.  If the tape wasn't made available to the NFL, and Ray and Janay BOTH met with Roger to discuss the incident, and the court documents were reviewed, then truthfully, he used all of the information provided to him to make the decision for punishment......

People Need To LET IT GO!!!!  --  Especially Florio

I couldn't agree more!  Enough already!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#20 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

I want it to be Peyton Manning. Then I wanna see how the media reacts.

Peyton Manning knocks out his girlfriend, Tom Brady, in an elevator, after Brady scratches Manning and pulls his hair...Brady cries to the rent-a-cop for a summons, Manning drops the rent-a-cop too, and the world rejoices that Manning takes a stand against DV.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users