Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhstandard

If you wanted more of a reason to hate Mike Florio

41 posts in this topic

Read this article http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/dps--nfl-never-looked-at-ray-rice-elevator-tape-142440187-nfl.html

Probably the best quote "I don't know whether they tried and Rice stonewalled them".  Really?  Yeah, I don't know but I'll say it anyway.  Amazed this guy is a reporter.

On top of it he doesn't buy that the league is basing their punishment off the courts. For some reason it is insane to him that the NFL doesn't respect the US justice system and should instead try to make their own rules about how someone should be punished. 

Edited by dhstandard

What's wrong with what he said? Why would he not criticize the NFL for not watching the video before making the punishment, if that report is true?

Doesn't matter anymore and I really don't want to go in circles again. Just don't disagree with what Florio said (for once). Can we just lock this?

EDIT: Clarified a statement

Edited by The Raven

What's wrong is that it's all conjecture masquerading as fact.

If Goodell and the NFL haven't commented, how does Florio know what they've seen and what they haven't?

No reason to re-hash the whole argument, and no reason to lock the thread if we can stay on topic, which is what a biased, sensationalist tool Florio really is.

Rice said at his most recent press conference that the NFL had all of the information that law enforcement had, I believe. Meaning the tape, if there is one.

What you're witnessing - and the feeling that is making your skin crawl - is a desperate blogger trying to beat stories out of a horse that probably just looks like bloody pulp by now.

Because Florio is not a "reporter", he is a re-blogger. His staff searches the internet for others' work then throws a lame, miserable opinion all over it.

edit - 12:30 of this video. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Full_Ray_Rice_Press_Conference/f7b54abd-b803-4781-9cbc-b9200bc96ef0

Mike Florio is a leech and a liar. He's clung to this story for too long with too much misinformation.

Edited by berad

That hairpiece Florio is a joke of a 'reporter' or 'analyst', whatever he is lol. All he is coming out with is hearsay to keep this topic alive so he has something to talk about. I'm 99% sure Goodell and whoever else needed to see it did. Just because they didn't send Florio a personal letter by pigeon carrier to inform him, maybe he's a little salty. 

Well, if in fact the NFL didn't look at the tape then Florio makes a good point.

And,  if in fact the NFL didn't look at the tape then you can argue why there is even a suspension but just a fine?

I read the article at Yahoo (didn't watch the video), and it says a lot of things like:

PFT's Mike Florio joined "The Dan Patrick Show" to discuss the fact that the league never looked at the footage during the process of determining the length of Rice's suspension.

and

"I was shocked," Florio said when asked how he reacted to the revelation that the NFL had not looked at the video. "That is an amazing twist in this story, in my view."

Can someone point me to something that reveals this fact?  Outside of this article, I've never seen that news before.  Reading this article was news to me that the league never viewed the tape, I'm curious how the people discussing it in this article know that, when and how they learned it, and when the news was propagated, because I can't find it mentioned anywhere else.  

Hmm... Ok, after some Googling, it looks like Jay Glazer (a sportswriter for Fox, not affiliated with the NFL) claimed it to the guys at the Dan Patrick Show, who then propagated it as news.  Are we really sure that this is accurate?  Sounds a lot like a media rumor and speculation to me.  I've heard people in the media claim a LOT of conflicting things as "inside information" about this incident, and it can't all be true, so we know that some of these insiders are wrong or just speculating and passing it off as fact, and I'm not so sure that this isn't one of those cases.  The NFL doesn't seem to have commented on whether they saw the video or not.

This contradicts earlier reports from Jamison Hensley that the league did indeed see the video

Just goes to show I don't think anyone truly has a clue about what's been happening or did happen. That and try to remember Florio is a columnist or re-blogger, so he's not required to truly research facts, conduct his own research, or interview anyone. Just calls out what he wants to

Edited by BmoreBird22

And according to Ray, Roger, and the Courts....  Their decisions were based on information that the public doesn't have.  They reviewed all of the available and relevant information before coming to a decision...  THAT has been stated over and over.  If the tape wasn't made available to the NFL, and Ray and Janay BOTH met with Roger to discuss the incident, and the court documents were reviewed, then truthfully, he used all of the information provided to him to make the decision for punishment......

People Need To LET IT GO!!!!  --  Especially Florio

You've been on a roll lately.

Just cant wait for Ravens football. The Rice threads, the Flacco threads, the homerism, the "haters", the articles on (insert any Raven name) and how he sucks, the posters taking things out of context etc etc etc. I just want football!!!

Just cant wait for Ravens football. The Rice threads, the Flacco threads, the homerism, the "haters", the articles on (insert any Raven name) and how he sucks, the posters taking things out of context etc etc etc. I just want football!!!

And you think that is going to change by magic? The first dropped pass, INT, fumble, 3 and out...and it's "on".

And you think that is going to change by magic? The first dropped pass, INT, fumble, 3 and out...and it's "on".

No, it wont change. I'm not ignorant enough to think that, ha. BUT at least we'll have Ravens football then.

Someone else in the NFL needs to do something wrong.

We need a spotlight shift.

Someone else in the NFL needs to do something wrong.

We need a spotlight shift.

I want it to be Peyton Manning. Then I wanna see how the media reacts.

This contradicts earlier reports from Jamison Hensley that the league did indeed see the video

Just goes to show I don't think anyone truly has a clue about what's been happening or did happen. That and try to remember Florio is a columnist or re-blogger, so he's not required to truly research facts, conduct his own research, or interview anyone. Just calls out what he wants to

Peter king said the same

But in reality the nfl doesn't have authority

So if law enforcement doesn't release tape

Nfl can't do [profanity deleted]

And according to Ray, Roger, and the Courts....  Their decisions were based on information that the public doesn't have.  They reviewed all of the available and relevant information before coming to a decision...  THAT has been stated over and over.  If the tape wasn't made available to the NFL, and Ray and Janay BOTH met with Roger to discuss the incident, and the court documents were reviewed, then truthfully, he used all of the information provided to him to make the decision for punishment......

People Need To LET IT GO!!!!  --  Especially Florio

I couldn't agree more!  Enough already!

#Mili

I want it to be Peyton Manning. Then I wanna see how the media reacts.

Peyton Manning knocks out his girlfriend, Tom Brady, in an elevator, after Brady scratches Manning and pulls his hair...Brady cries to the rent-a-cop for a summons, Manning drops the rent-a-cop too, and the world rejoices that Manning takes a stand against DV.

Peyton Manning knocks out his girlfriend, Tom Brady, in an elevator, after Brady scratches Manning and pulls his hair...Brady cries to the rent-a-cop for a summons, Manning drops the rent-a-cop too, and the world rejoices that Manning takes a stand against DV.

Meanwhile Belicheck tells Brady one of his secret video cameras recorded the whole incident & to get to the safe house immediately before the nfl bans him for 2 games despite public outrage.

I don't like Florio and I don't like this awful, glorified editorialist Gregg Rosenthal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375673/article/ravens-ray-rice-ovation-means-the-world-to-me

There is something uncomfortable and distasteful about Rice receiving a hero's welcome after a domestic violence incident. We understand second chances and allowing a player to return to do his job. But using Rice as the subject of a tired "perseverance through adversity" narrative loses sight of this story's true victim.

Only a true scumbag would write an article chastising applause. This guy seems to know who we should support and who we shouldn't.

I don't like Florio and I don't like this awful, glorified editorialist Gregg Rosenthal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375673/article/ravens-ray-rice-ovation-means-the-world-to-me

Only a true scumbag would write an article chastising applause. This guy seems to know who we should support and who we shouldn't.

Rosenthal is a Florioite and one of the big reasons nfl.com has become more tabloid than resource. I used to actually learn things on that site, now it's just Manziel-watch or whatever new fad it is.

Funny, I thought we were past this anyways after some media members cried rivers when Rice receive applause at the open practice. Now this, getting cheered at introductions. Next week, 'Rice scores TD, Ravens fans cheer for domestic battery'

It's ridiculous and tired.

Rosenthal is a Florioite and one of the big reasons nfl.com has become more tabloid than resource. I used to actually learn things on that site, now it's just Manziel-watch or whatever new fad it is.

Funny, I thought we were past this anyways after some media members cried rivers when Rice receive applause at the open practice. Now this, getting cheered at introductions. Next week, 'Rice scores TD, Ravens fans cheer for domestic battery'

It's ridiculous and tired.

"Ray Lewis with the sack!"

"Yes, but let's just remember, this is a guy who was almost convicted of murder."

Everyone needs to make a living, but the unfortunate part of "journalism" of this brand is that many believe the stuff is based in fact and form their opinions by reading and listening to the crap.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyPage=hotread140807

Sorry for mobile link

But I think this is a fair assessment on the situation

Talks about how Janay is a talking point but now

Doesn't appear to be human because of the way talking heads are talking a out her

That's an excellent article and the part about Janay gets to me, too. To some, she's just part of their narrative going from 'helpless victim' when the incident occured, 'disillusioned battered woman' when she married Ray, to some sort of 'money-grubber' when she stuck with him and apologized during their joint press conference.

It was disturbing and I've seen it in comments and, worse, in actual published works. Fact of the matter is Janay is a grown woman and those things since that night were all her choice - leaving with Ray, marrying him, apologizing, etc - and to suggest otherwise is, frankly, an insult to her as a person and a woman.

As Torrey Smith said, if Janay and her family had forgiven Ray what high-ground do outsides really have on the issue?

Thank you for sharing, Tiz

So any of you see the comments made by Jerry Jones saying he would welcome Josh Brent, a known murderer who killed his own teammate back? 

Exact Quote:

If Brent is cleared by Goodell to resume his career, the Cowboys will free up a roster spot to bring him back to Dallas.

We will, yes we will,” Jones said. “In other words, we wouldn’t have it today, but we will make a roster spot.”

Since Brent would be a Cowboy, I'm wondering how the media will spin it on how he deserves a second chance but will write bogus articles saying Rice doesn't deserve a second chance.
Edited by JO_75

Don't think they'll spin it that way

Many articles condemned the fact that jerry let him on the sidelines while waiting for suspension.

It's similar to ray in that pundits took a morale stand but didn't talk to the victims family. In this case the mother of the victim had pleased for jerry to not dismiss Brent because he needs help not abandonment

I know it's standard to think the media will favor others over us but in a lot of these the media simply is full of poo all around

Edited by Tiz