Nightman

Future NFL team relocations

271 posts in this topic

The Rams lease is up in St. Louis and their owner Stan Kroenke recently purchased a large parcel of land in Inglewood, California near the Forum. Is this a leverage ploy to extort money for improvements to the Edward Jones Dome or are they moving back to their old home city?

Edited by Nightman

I know quite a few old school Rams fans out here who would be ELATED at the thought and they could bring back the old blue and white colors too. 

A LA NFL team? I don't know. Don't we have enough bandwagon fans in the NFL with the Steelers and Patriots in league?

Edited by PolishRifle

The Rams lease is up in St. Louis and their owner Stan Kroenke recently purchased a large parcel of land in Inglewood, California near the Forum. Is this a leverage ploy to extort money for improvements to the Edward Jones Dome or are they moving back to their old home city?

Kroenke I believe is from LA and would like to move back but they're both baseball cities anyway.

Kroenke I believe is from LA and would like to move back but they're both baseball cities anyway.

I heard he's was a St. Louis Cardinals baseball fan when he was young.  He should get in touch with John Moag who helped get Baltimore the Ball in 1996

It looks like they only way they'll move is if they are the only team coming to LA.  The Raiders should stay in Oakland.

I live about 120 miles East of St. Louis and the possibility Rams going back to L.A. has been brought up out here before. The team wants upgrades to the Edward Jones Dome and the St. Louis Sports Authority has refused them several times. I have not heard anything lately, but it would not surprise me. If nothing else they have powerful leverage to use against the city. I am sure Mayflower will be watching closely, buzzards!

I live about 120 miles East of St. Louis and the possibility Rams going back to L.A. has been brought up out here before. The team wants upgrades to the Edward Jones Dome and the St. Louis Sports Authority has refused them several times. I have not heard anything lately, but it would not surprise me. If nothing else they have powerful leverage to use against the city. I am sure Mayflower will be watching closely, buzzards!

That's crazy, I'm sure they approved a bunch of upgrades for the St. Louis Cardinals. Shows how much they care about the Rams or even their desire to have a NFL team in St. Louis. Though it has been confirmed the Chargers are staying in SD for 2015. As for the Rams, it's still possible but looking unlikely at this point. An announcement would have been made a while ago. If we hear anything of the Rams or whomever moving to LA it will likely be early next year saying that 2015 will be their last year(in their current city) and 2016 is when they will officially be playing in LA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/16/chargers-say-they-will-remain-in-san-diego-in-2015/

Rodger Godelll said that would be no team in LA in 2015.  That means the Rams who will go year by year in the Edward Jones Dome, the Raiders will stay in Oakland, and the Chargers will wait to see if a new San Diego stadium deal will pass with the voters help  in 2016.

Nightman said the Rams are ranked 31st in value.  A move to LA would enhance the future asset wealth of the ownership. LA is a major market that deserves football once again.

Is there a possibility of creating two more franchises raising the number to 34???  If that would be feasible a team in LA and London is not far fetched.

Guess what Kroenke just announced he's going to do with that land? 

Build a Football Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/rams-owner-ready-to-build-an-nfl-stadium-in-l-a/

Guess what Kroenke just announced he's going to do with that land? 

Build a Football Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/05/rams-owner-ready-to-build-an-nfl-stadium-in-l-a/

This has got to be the worst kept secret in NFL franchise relocation, the Browns move to Baltimore to become the Ravens was a close second.  Will Kroenke obey Godell's one year L.A. franchise. relocation moratorium?  Or will he pull an Al Davis?

I was wrong about the Rams value ,they're dead last at 32.   Just merely moving them to LA will put them in Top 5, a new stadium will move them into the top 3, especially if not other team moves.  They ought play in the Rose Bowl for two years and cover up 20,000 seats to make 80,000, they have club seats there, the Coliseum has offered to be an interim location too, but they won't let Kroenke's team play there rent few.  They considered Dodger Stadium but a football field won't fit there.

Edited by Nightman

This has got to be the worst kept secret in NFL franchise relocation, the Browns move to Baltimore to become the Ravens was a close second.  Will Kroenke obey Godell's one year L.A. franchise. relocation moratorium?  Or will he pull an Al Davis?

I was wrong about the Rams value ,they're dead last at 32.   Just merely moving them to LA will put them in Top 5, a new stadium will move them into the top 3, especially if not other team moves.  They ought play in the Rose Bowl for two years and cover up 20,000 seats to make 80,000, they have club seats there, the Coliseum has offered to be an interim location too, but they won't let Kroenke's team play there rent few.  They considered Dodger Stadium but a football field won't fit there.

Well I mean he could pull an Irsay, up and move the team in the middle of the night. I don't know if they have Mayflower trucks in St. Louis but he could pull an Irsay by moving the team in the middle of the night in a UHaul or Penske truck.

Well I mean he could pull an Irsay, up and move the team in the middle of the night. I don't know if they have Mayflower trucks in St. Louis but he could pull an Irsay by moving the team in the middle of the night in a UHaul or Penske truck.

Heck, maybe the city of St. Louis after the Rams leave could make an offer to Mark Davis he can't refuse and get the Raiders.  Either Oakland can keep the A's or the Raiders but can afford to do both.    Had Modell not moved to Baltimore which saved him from bankruptcy, I heard the Buccaneers, Cardinals and Bengals were interested in coming here.

City of St Louis will unveil a new NFL stadium plan at a press conference at noon local time tomorrow

Here are the details........

- Will Be Open by 2020

- Cost $900M, half to be publicly funded, the other half coming from the NFL and Kroneke

- Will hold a max of 64,000 people, 2,000 less than the Edward Jones Dome which holds 66,000 people. Keep in mind, Stan Kroneke wants to build a stadium that holds 80,000 people in LA.

- Will be Open Air Stadium, not a dome

- Gov Jay Jix has said he would want the Rams decision by Jan 28th

- Site preparation would begin in June

You know, I think Stan is hell bent on moving the team to LA. Regardless of this proposal, I believe if anything Mark Davis should be looking at this proposal and think about moving the Raiders to St. Louis.

- Will Be Open by 2020

- Cost $900M, half to be publicly funded, the other half coming from the NFL and Kroneke

- Will hold a max of 64,000 people, 2,000 less than the Edward Jones Dome which holds 66,000 people. Keep in mind, Stan Kroneke wants to build a stadium that holds 80,000 people in LA.

You know, I think Stan is hell bent on moving the team to LA. Regardless of this proposal, I believe if anything Mark Davis should be looking at this proposal and think about moving the Raiders to St. Louis.

Oh please no.

- Will Be Open by 2020

Yeah because he is not even taking calls from the city. Looks like he already made his mind up.

It look like the Rams will move either in 2015 or 16, if there is a second team in that town it will the Chargers.  St. Louis, San Antonio and Oakland will duke out for the Raiders.

It look like the Rams will move either in 2015 or 16, if there is a second team in that town it will the Chargers.  St. Louis, San Antonio and Oakland will duke out for the Raiders.

St. Louis may be the only team in contention for LA if the Raiders/Chargers combined stadium proposal in Carson, CA goes through. The clubs are joining up in an effort to build a $1.7B Stadium on an 168 Acre lot in Carson, 15-20 miles south of LA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/19/raiders-chargers-to-explore-building-a-stadium-together-in-carson-california/

This was what was in the press release by the Chargers/Raiders

We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.

In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:

On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.

On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.

St. Louis may be the only team in contention for LA if the Raiders/Chargers combined stadium proposal in Carson, CA goes through. The clubs are joining up in an effort to build a $1.7B Stadium on an 168 Acre lot in Carson, 15-20 miles south of LA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/19/raiders-chargers-to-explore-building-a-stadium-together-in-carson-california/

This was what was in the press release by the Chargers/Raiders

We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.

In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:

On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.

On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.

This must be leverage by the two teams to stop the Rams from moving to LA first and also to get new stadiums built in Oakland and San Diego where they have been trying for 17 years to one for the Chargers. And didn't I hear a few months a ago that the L.A. Coliseum and the Rose Bowl both would refuse to be a temporary home for the Raiders if they moved down there because of the behavior of their fan base. There was some talk that Dodger Stadium could be an interim facility, but its impossible to fit a football field there without some construction to do so.

If that's true about a interim venue for the Silver and Black, then that leaves either Angels Stadium in Anaheim which was renovated into a baseball only facility, but they play high school football there or the 27,000 seat StubHub Center which is way too small.

Edited by Nightman

Interesting development, especially as they play in the same division.

They probably don't want a different team to come into California and eat at the defined fanbase segments.

Interesting development, especially as they play in the same division.

One has to move to the NFC aka Jets/Giants.

Imo LA doesn't deserve a team but SD and Oakland need to step up to the plate.