76 replies to this topic

#1 KBoum

KBoum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Sorry to start a topic for this don't know if there's one already.. well I'm in a fantasy league with BIG money at stakes lol.

Right now i'm trying to trade our great Steve Smith for Brandin Cooks of the Saints. Everyone is saying hes so great in training camp. Would you guys do it ? I would also have to give up my 2nd back up RB Terrance West (which I really like but I don't need him)

He'll probably refuse my offer I just don't know if a rookie WR would be a better choice than a veteran like Smith whos be playing so great in training camp as well. I'm saying that because I already got 2 great WRs and my QB is Brees which would help.

#2 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I wouldn't give up a solid boom candidate at running back to make what I would consider a lateral move at wide receiver.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#3 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

I think Cooks will most definitely put up better numbers than Smith, but you have to consider if you're gaining more points in Cooks than you would with Steve Smith and Terrence West. Do you have adequate players to replace them? West is looking to challenge for a starting spot.

#4 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Cooks is still a rookie. And brees has always spread the ball around. Flacco is going to lean way more on smith than people realize. They are nearly a straight up type of trade. Adding in a potential break out player in west you are losing that trade. Heavily.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#5 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Cooks is still a rookie. And brees has always spread the ball around. Flacco is going to lean way more on smith than people realize. They are nearly a straight up type of trade. Adding in a potential break out player in west you are losing that trade. Heavily.

Cooks is a jack of all trades apparently and has been the most dynamic player in that offense so far, apparently. No one on that roster, except for Jimmy Graham, is as electrifying as Cooks is right now. Plus, consider that Drew Brees routinely passes for well over 5,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. Cooks has a chance to be a very special player right away because the weapons in New Orleans, outside of Graham, are nothing truly special.

I would put a lot more money on Cooks doing better than Steve Smith. However, trading Terrance West and Steve Smith would not get better value with just Brandin Cooks.

#6 KBoum

KBoum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

thanks a lot guys I've been reading everywhere that Cooks is UNREAL in the Saints scrimmages thats why but he refused the trade.

I offered West because I also have Gerhart, Pierce, Sankey. But West might be a real good one I don,t think Tate will be the only starter I guess they'll be 700 yards each of them some like that.

#7 RavensNation14

RavensNation14

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

Cooks is a jack of all trades apparently and has been the most dynamic player in that offense so far, apparently. No one on that roster, except for Jimmy Graham, is as electrifying as Cooks is right now. Plus, consider that Drew Brees routinely passes for well over 5,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. Cooks has a chance to be a very special player right away because the weapons in New Orleans, outside of Graham, are nothing truly special.

I would put a lot more money on Cooks doing better than Steve Smith. However, trading Terrance West and Steve Smith would not get better value with just Brandin Cooks.

Cooks is also a rookie and is going to struggle. He's going to be playing in an offense that requires a lot of checks and communication with Brees. Everyone hyped Tavon Austin up majorly last year and look what he did. Don't get me wrong Cooks is more pro-ready IMO, but I would go with Steve Smith over Cooks. The Saints may run the ball quite a bit this year and I see Stills being targeted heavily and Colston will put together another solid year. Nick Toon may shine as well, I think Cooks needs a year at least. 

#8 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Cooks is also a rookie and is going to struggle. He's going to be playing in an offense that requires a lot of checks and communication with Brees. Everyone hyped Tavon Austin up majorly last year and look what he did. Don't get me wrong Cooks is more pro-ready IMO, but I would go with Steve Smith over Cooks. The Saints may run the ball quite a bit this year and I see Stills being targeted heavily and Colston will put together another solid year. Nick Toon may shine as well, I think Cooks needs a year at least. 

I thought Tayvon Austin was very overrated and was in St. Louis, an offense not exactly known for it's aerial assault. 

Kenny Stills got a whopping 51 targets, and he was pretty much a deep threat. I'm not exactly sold on Colston being this huge target. He's good for about 1,000 yards a year. Figure Jimmy Graham gets about 1,200ish. If you figure Brees gets his usual 5,200 yards, that's still 3,000 more that needs to go around. I don't think Nick Toon is going to be stealing a big role from Brandin Cooks. Toon is likely the number five receiver behind Cooks, Colston, Meachem, and Stills. Speaking of Meachem, he's not been doing much.

It's honestly really hard to not see Cooks having a really big year. He's electric and gives you a whole new dynamic in that offense because he can do it all. He fell into the perfect situation with Brees. 

I don't think he struggles much because of his situation. He's got an incredibly pass heavy team and a great quarterback to help ease him in. We'll see Thursday, briefly, just how good he is.

#9 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

If this is a redraft league it is probably SS and West. West has the chance to start if the always injured Tate goes down again. I would go Cooks over SS however. I don't see SS doing anything huge in terms of fantasy and I see a lot more upside with Cooks.

In Ozzie We Trust

#10 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

I've always been a fan of Steve Smith, but I see more upside with Cooks as well. He's reportedly been a blur in the offseason workouts, playing on a different speed than other players. With Darren Sproles and Lance Moore both gone, I see him being leaned on quite a bit in the short-to-intermediate areas. It all depends on how much you value West.

Posted Image

#11 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Just got my team. Out of 12 teams, I had pick 11. I got, in order:

1. Eddie Lacy

2. Dez Bryant

3. Giovani Bernard

4. Pierre Garcon

5. Bishop Sankey

6. Jordan Cameron

7. Philip Rivers

8. Greg Olsen

9. Cecil Shorts

10. Mark Ingram

11. Marvin Jones

12. Joe Flacco

13. Ladarius Green

14. Justin Tucker

15. Buccaneers Defense

16. Charles Sims

#12 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

Lacy at pick 11 is really nice value.

Assuming it is standard format I don't know if I would go 3 TEs, maybe more depth at RB or WR but not bad overall

In Ozzie We Trust

#13 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

Lacy at pick 11 is really nice value.

Assuming it is standard format I don't know if I would go 3 TEs, maybe more depth at RB or WR but not bad overall

It's a PPR. I'm going to shop Olsen once the season gets rolling. He was better value then the receivers left on the board. Receivers went quickly

EDIT: Desperation will set in at some point. A lot of these teams have one tight end, and ones that aren't that good, like Delanie Walker

Edited by BmoreBird22, 10 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#14 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Okay, so, I have the chance to trade Marques Colston for Jordan Cameron with Greg Olsen being my backup tight end

#15 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Okay, so, I have the chance to trade Marques Colston for Jordan Cameron with Greg Olsen being my backup tight end

EDIT:  I see your draft posting.  You would be moving Cameron for Colston not the other way around.  Considering that you have Cecil and Marvin Jones, I would say yes.  Especially since you are carrying 3 TEs.  But you are losing some value. 

Edited by PuRock, 13 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

#16 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

EDIT:  I see your draft posting.  You would be moving Cameron for Colston not the other way around.  Considering that you have Cecil and Marvin Jones, I would say yes.  Especially since you are carrying 3 TEs.  But you are losing some value.

I'm trying to see if I can get Michael Floyd from a guy

#17 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

You can get better value for Jordan Cameron

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#18 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,434 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

I'm keeping Gio & Murray over Martin & Foster.

I'm confident with it but it looks weird.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#19 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,479 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

10 team, no PPR:

QB: Tom Brady 

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Andre Ellington

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Brandon Marshall

TE: Jordan Reed

FLEX: Vincent Jackson

D/ST: Eagles (Play Jaguars week 1, will rotate each week)

K: Dan Bailey

BN: QB Tony Romo

BN: RB CJ Spiller

BN: RB Lamar Miller

BN: RB Bernard Pierce

BN: WR Justin Hunter

BN: WR Josh Gordon

BN: TE Zach Ertz

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#20 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

10 team, no PPR:

QB: Tom Brady 

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Andre Ellington

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Brandon Marshall

TE: Jordan Reed

FLEX: Vincent Jackson

D/ST: Eagles (Play Jaguars week 1, will rotate each week)

K: Dan Bailey

BN: QB Tony Romo

BN: RB CJ Spiller

BN: RB Lamar Miller

BN: RB Bernard Pierce

BN: WR Justin Hunter

BN: WR Josh Gordon

BN: TE Zach Ertz

handcuffs but otherwise well done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users