Photo

Can we now shut up about Joe Flacco's contract?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#1 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

With Dalton signing a 6 yr extn. worth 115MM and Colin Kaepernik's recent contract, can the national media and football fans chill about paying Flacco 120MM over the same time frame??

If anybody thinks Joe Flacco earning a million more than Andy Dalton each year, isn't an absolute steal for the Ravens must be smoking a banned substance. No truthfully they must be high. I am beginning to think Flacco is a steal for the Ravens considering he has already won a SB and has been MVP of the SB! 

Can you imagine Andy Dalton accomplishing anything remotely similar??

Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#2 KBoum

KBoum

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Dalton's got a lot of tools.. Gresham.. Effert, Bernard, good o-line, Green some good WRs...

Flacco didnt have those tools and that O-Line thats for sure and he won a lot more playoffs games

#3 Static

Static

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

I know I'm no better than the guys that talked bad about Flacco's contract but...LOL. I gotta give it back after taking.

Also watch the same people that badmouthed flacco's contract suddenly understand football economics.

Just thank god we didn't wait to pay Flacco. If we signed him this off season it might be like 150mil.

Bodybuilder , Rugby Player , and Diehard fan. 

#TeamBrooks!!

#4 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Yep 100% agree. Flacco's contract at the time set an All-Time high, which is why it was so debated. But now that is the cost of locking up franchise QB's with the contracts we've seen. Dalton is an average QB on a stacked team, I find it hard not to argue that this is a massive overpayment for him.

But then again, it's better then searching year after year for a franchise QB (like we did till Flacco). If you've got a guy your confident in, you may as well pay him.

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Wow. I know it's hard to even find a decent QB in the draft, but I've never seen a QB struggle this much on such a LOADED team. 

The thing, that sold me on Joe, was the fact that he managed to get us a SB ring, when the situation wasn't optimal. Dalton should be looking like Joe freaking Montana at this point.

Edited by PolishRifle, 04 August 2014 - 10:05 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#6 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Now myThree words.....Romo, Ryan, Stafford...  have to become 4...  add in Dalton.

NONE of these guys should be making more than Joe...  Sorry...  Their Stats might be better, but their "records" are not.

117hd79.jpg

#7 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Dalton's contract is fine. He does a good job in the regular season and if that town thought Carson palmers 100m contract was fine and he never won a playoff then nonissue with dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/n...akcarrier=other

Guaranteed money is unknown but they think it's structured like kaepernick which means only next year is guaranteed

Edited by Tiz, 04 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#8 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

That $115 million carries a lot of conditions. It's a smart deal.

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

That $115 million carries a lot of conditions. It's a smart deal.

It may do that, but even with all these conditions you don't give $115 mil to a guy who hasn't won a playoff game
Banned

#10 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Bengals are hoping they sign him before he takes off or gets more leverage. Flacco had the ultimate upperhand and the Ravens paid for it - Flacco earned it and, as Bisciotti said, banged on the desk.

Now... the Bengals have to hope he wins for them. If not, he's overpaid.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#11 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

It may do that, but even with all these conditions you don't give $115 mil to a guy who hasn't won a playoff game

1 playoff game on the other hand...

Matt%2BRyan%2BDivisional%2BPlayoffs%2BGr

bJNF689.jpg

#12 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Just when everyone has quieted down and everyone(media) and skeptics including myself are eager about this offense, someone just HAS to create drama and rail this forum into another 'flacco drama' topic.

Let's move on, preseason is coming in 3 days..

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 04 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#13 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

It's basically a year to year deal. It's like when people whine about Flacco getting $120M when he is very likely not actually getting that much.

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,755 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

It's basically a year to year deal. It's like when people whine about Flacco getting $120M when he is very likely not actually getting that much.

Have you seen the structure? Link if you have.

@gabefergy

#15 Static

Static

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

There is 1 huge difference between the two. Flacco got paid AFTER the fact. Dalton's contract is a risk. He has never won a playoff game period. Flacco had won a buttload prior.

Bodybuilder , Rugby Player , and Diehard fan. 

#TeamBrooks!!

#16 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Have you seen the structure? Link if you have.

I haven't, but I heard them talking about it on the radio. Or maybe Vinny was just talking out of his rear (wouldn't be the first time).

#17 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Even if its not structured like kaepernick he entire $115m isn't guaranteed ted so they didnt give him that much either.
Joes deal has $50m guaranteed so that's the first important number to look at in Dalton's deal if you are to compare it to flaccos

#18 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Why are people looking for every reason to defend this guy?  I don't see anyone else on the team that people go out of there way to try and make excuses for.  Great, Flacco's contract doesn't look that bad, yet.  As long as he restructures in 2 or 3 years, you won't hear this guy complain about it. 

Edited by The Mom Gene, 04 August 2014 - 01:27 PM.
Edited due post being of inappropriate content.

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

1 playoff game on the other hand...

Matt%2BRyan%2BDivisional%2BPlayoffs%2BGr

Hahaha.
Ryan is like Romo. His incompetent GM only gives him weapons, and doesn't build most of the rest of the team well...... Both would probably win a SB if they were on the bengals. You can't choke if the team doesn't give up a lead to begin with
Banned

#20 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Just when everyone has quieted down and everyone(media) and skeptics including myself are eager about this offense, someone just HAS to create drama and rail this forum into another 'flacco drama' topic.

Let's move on, preseason is coming in 3 days..

This appears to be a viable discussion as Dalton has signed his new contract recently.....  It's a discussion...  Anyone can choose to participate or choose not to participate.  If you wish not to discuss this please move on. It's fine....

117hd79.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users