Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gabefergy

12 team FF league with 2 QBs

195 posts in this topic

I used to be in a 2 QB league that was a lot of fun, but very challenging. I'm going to make this a superflex to help with byes.

12 teams, PPR. No bonuses. I'm considering IDP so if you have a preference let me know.

The league will be on Yahoo. Please only sign up if you are serious about playing out the whole season.

1. Me
2. SAM
3. PuRock
4. Mt. Crushmore
5. NFLfan123
6. T3hRaven
7. juanman7
8. ravensdan

9. RavensAllTheWay

10. Elmo

11. ravensnick

12. ravens__

Edited by gabefergy

I'll be on if I know when we start. If it's within the week then I won't do it. But if it's when I get back from SD I'm totally in

I'll be on if I know when we start. If it's within the week then I won't do it. But if it's when I get back from SD I'm totally in

Probably 3 weeks from draft time.

Also, does anyone have a preference on having IDPs or not? I was also thinking about using FAB instead of waiver just to add another wrinkle.

Also, does anyone have a preference on having IDPs or not? I was also thinking about using FAB instead of waiver just to add another wrinkle.

I don't mind either way for IDPs.  What is FAB?  

I don't mind either way for IDPs.  What is FAB?  

Free Agent Acquisition Budget. At the beginning of year you get a set amount of "money" that you can use to acquire players off the waiver wire. Each week you can submit blind bids with your money and the highest bid wins the player. It allows for a little more strategy instead of depending on waiver position to claim players. 

Free Agent Acquisition Budget. At the beginning of year you get a set amount of "money" that you can use to acquire players off the waiver wire. Each week you can submit blind bids with your money and the highest bid wins the player. It allows for a little more strategy instead of depending on waiver position to claim players. 

Interesting. I'd rather just do waivers, though I wouldn't be opposed to this.

I'm fine with or without IDPs.  It'll be high scoring with dual QBs and ppr, IDPs won't have a huge impact.  

FAB is the most fairest way.   But I prefer waivers (based on successful claims) because I am too neurotic when it comes to spending my FAB.  

True story, I once spent 50% of my FAB on Bernard Berrian back in 2006.  :(

I'd like to make a request to not have to draft next to PuRock.  That didn't work last year.

I'll do what I can.

I'm fine with or without IDPs.  It'll be high scoring with dual QBs and ppr, IDPs won't have a huge impact.  

FAB is the most fairest way.   But I prefer waivers (based on successful claims) because I am too neurotic when it comes to spending my FAB.  

True story, I once spent 50% of my FAB on Bernard Berrian back in 2006.  :(

I just remember last season having some issues with the way waivers were processed. FAB should erase that, but I don't mind either way. I've never used FAB before and thought it might be something fun to try.

I'd like to make a request to not have to draft next to PuRock.  That didn't work last year.

Too funny, yesterday I was about to post a request not to draft next to you.  That was up there for one of my worst teams ever.  Neither of us panned out.  

Too funny, yesterday I was about to post a request not to draft next to you.  That was up there for one of my worst teams ever.  Neither of us panned out.  

Yeah, my Trent Richardson Steven Ridley combination didn't exactly work as planned. 

Yeah, my Trent Richardson Steven Ridley combination didn't exactly work as planned. 

Steven Ridley killed me in more than one league last year.  I should've known better, always abide by the old adage about never drafting a Belichick Back.

I'd love a spot in this League ;)

I don't care either way with IDP and FAB

Any more room? I'd be down for IDP if any one else wanted to do it.

I used to be in a 2 QB league that was a lot of fun, but very challenging. I'm going to make this a superflex to help with byes.

12 teams, PPR. No bonuses. I'm considering IDP so if you have a preference let me know.

The league will be on Yahoo. Please only sign up if you are serious about playing out the whole season.

1. Me
2. SAM
3. PuRock
4. Mt. Crushmore
5. NFLfan123
6. T3hRaven
7. juanman7
8. ravensdan

9. RavensAllTheWay

10. Elmo

Edited by ravensnick

I'd prefer IDP.

Also, by 2 QBs, do you mean we'll have 2 QBs in the starting lineup each week, or the more traditional way of having one starter and one on the bench?

I'd prefer IDP.

Also, by 2 QBs, do you mean we'll have 2 QBs in the starting lineup each week, or the more traditional way of having one starter and one on the bench?

It will be 2QBs starting, well technically it will be a Flex where you can start a 2nd QB so bye weeks aren't a nightmare, but most weeks you will be starting 2 QBs in all likelihood.

It will be 2QBs starting, well technically it will be a Flex where you can start a 2nd QB so bye weeks aren't a nightmare, but most weeks you will be starting 2 QBs in all likelihood.

So there's a flex, but the flex gives you the option of playing either a RB/TE/WR or a 2nd QB.

So there's a flex, but the flex gives you the option of playing either a RB/TE/WR or a 2nd QB.

Yes

Allright just need 1 more. I've decided to go with IDP, but no FAAB.

Sounds good to me.  1 each of DL, LB and DB?

Any chance of weighting the team defense and idp scoring heavily? Perhaps counteract the 2 qb and add some importance to those positions?

Any chance of weighting the team defense and idp scoring heavily? Perhaps counteract the 2 qb and add some importance to those positions?

I could, but I'd prefer to keep it standard. Adding too much weight to IDPs would really throw a wrench in how teams draft. I think adding the extra QB changes the strategy enough. Good IDPs still make a difference, but I would rather not have them scoring 15-20 points each.

Will this basically replace your league from last year? If so, count me in. Always like to join at least one league from this forum.

Will this basically replace your league from last year? If so, count me in. Always like to join at least one league from this forum.

I'm obviously not Gabe (I don't love Odell Beckham Jr. enough), but I would believe so.

Awesome! We are ready to go then.

Now we just have to figure out a draft time.

I sent out invites via PMs. Let me know if the link doesnt work or if you didnt get one.

ravens__ I couldn't send you a PM because your inbox is full. Delete some messages and I will send the link

I sent out invites via PMs. Let me know if the link doesnt work or if you didnt get one.

ravens__ I couldn't send you a PM because your inbox is full. Delete some messages and I will send the link

Try now.

Let's just say I can't post my team name on the boards.  I dunno if I'll stick with it, but it felt right at the moment.

Is that draft time pretty much set?  It's totally cool if it is since Yahoo lets you draft on mobile.

Edited by T3hRaven

Let's just say I can't post my team name on the boards.  I dunno if I'll stick with it, but it felt right at the moment.

Is that draft time pretty much set?  It's totally cool if it is since Yahoo lets you draft on mobile.

Haha, great name.  So far its you, me, and Gabe in that one division.

Haha, great name.  So far its you, me, and Gabe in that one division.

So much for jogging into the playoffs.

I set the draft date for Sat the 23rd at 4PM because it's a pretty generic time when most folks are free. It is yahoo, so you can get the mobile app and draft from there.

If there is strong opposition to this draft date, I am definitely willing to change it.