Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Ray Rice Press Conference (why speak on it, again?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#1 RedFire

RedFire

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Personally, I think Rice should not speak on the situation today.  

However, I would like to post the following video as it relates to domestic situations:

https://www.youtube....h?v=u3PgH86OyEM

Then you throw in punching from the female as in the ray rice situation....where is the accountability on both sides? And when you throw in social conditioning we have a large issue. The double standard is in clear effect in the video where only see a man putting hands on a woman as a problem...but we cannot see a woman putting hands on a man as a problem. For some reason lots of people cannot see assault as it comes to a woman being the aggressor towards a man. Assault of anyone is disrespectful...period.  

The questions is would some of these same women that like to hit men do the same to any female body builder, female athlete, female fighter?....absolutely not! some women hide behind any social conditioning or laws and therefore show men less respect than other females. 

I'm sure Ray Rice wish he handled the situation differently as it was a loved one and the mother of his child. But lets not lump dude in with the guys that abuse women cause they sneeze wrong or don't make dinner. A woman is not a child or the elderly... and there is a certain level of respect that people must have for each other or there can be consequences. 

It's human rights...and i'm not a misogynist that holds women to a lower standard of decorum and self control. A lot of the white knights have no respect for women....and chalk female aggression to nature not allowing females to control emotions. And since women don't have control it's a man's responsibility to daddy and coddle them. Women are just pretty trophies to a lot of these white knights and I think that is 100% misogynist.  

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,604 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Ray's speaking because players / coaches are obligated to a certain times after practices.

Don't know if he will speak on it again or just say 'My wife and I are moving forward' or something.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 FreckleNate

FreckleNate

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

I wish people would just drop the scenario. I think it is a lot less worse of a scenario then people think it was. If it was s bad as the nation thinks it was and the TMZ footage makes it look why would they still have gotten married?

DALLAS COWBOYGM

#4 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

This is not a "press conference" specifically for Ray Rice.  It's an after practice player/media Q&A that they do every day with the players and coaches after practice.  This just happens to be Ray's 1st time up after his public statement. 

#5 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

There is so much information that the general public doesn't know.  And the, said media, will most likely try and dig for it.  I just hope that Ray says something very prophetic and moves onward.  As a female, and as a mother, I would say that if my daughter; or son for that matter, were in a similar situation, I just hope that they would handle it with the dignity that these two have done with this situation.   No one needs to know all the details, and it's been 6 months.  it's time to move forward.  What the media has done with this is nothing short of shameful....  This family will pay for this "public image" of them for a very long time. 

Keep in mind that public image isn't always accurate......

My mom used to tell me....  There's one side of the story, and then there is the other....  The most difficult part is trying to decipher what the REAL truth is...  And if you don't know what that is by now, you probably don't need to.

I have decided to move on with regard to this.

117hd79.jpg

#6 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

I wish people would just drop the scenario. I think it is a lot less worse of a scenario then people think it was. If it was s bad as the nation thinks it was and the TMZ footage makes it look why would they still have gotten married?

Exactly.  And if he had actually hit her with malicious intent, by law they could not have been released together to go home. 

Just drop it, forgive and forget.

#7 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

People will often base their own opinions off of what they perceive to be the most prevalent opinion of the social groups they tend to associate themselves with.  This can often present a false vision because it is based on the way the media frames their message which is furthered by the media's agenda setting. When that is repeated across social networking sites and news mediums, the media's agenda can often become the perceived truth.  Often times the perceived truth can be far off from the actual truth.

The reporters in Rice's situation are not going to be satisfied until they get the opportunity to question him for their news medium and put out their versions based on their agendas.  Hopefully Rice will have the opportunity to alleviate their ire at not having had the opportunity to promote their agendas from his situation,( ie., promote their cause, gain viewership, gain advertising, satisfy their readership and sponsors, get their clicks, etc.). Once that happens maybe the media will be more willing to move on. 

My hope is that Rice is well prepared today and can present his side in as much as he can from what his legal obligations from the PTI program will allow. 

We may never know the whole truth, and honestly, we don't need to as it this is really a private matter between two individuals, Ray and Janay.  But as the old adage goes, there is one side...there is the other side...and the truth lies somewhere in the middle! Either way it is time to move on!

23jjplx.jpg

#8 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Janay is at her first Ravens practice this year via sportscenter.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#9 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Janay is at her first Ravens practice this year via sportscenter.

coincidentally when ray has to speak to the media. Just man up and do it yourself, give the generic answer and move on. Shouldn't need her to hold your hand

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

coincidentally when ray has to speak to the media. Just man up and do it yourself, give the generic answer and move on. Shouldn't need her to hold your hand

I don't know if she'll be up there with him again. I doubt it though. I don't see anything wrong with being there.

#11 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Technically she isn't, she's sitting somewhere far from the podium.

#12 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

If Ray says something again like "we both apologize for our roles" either he's the biggest idiot of all time or the Ravens PR staff is even worse than I imagined (and I have a pretty low opinion of them right now).

Edited by ratedr, 31 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#13 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,604 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

Ray is speaking well - remorseful, heartfelt, genuine, and owning up.

edit - this needs to be said, TO THE MEDIA. He's done all those things in private

Edited by berad, 31 July 2014 - 10:59 AM.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#14 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

He's doing a good job.

#15 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

I think this is going to end the non stop bashing.

#16 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

He does seem to be very remorseful and genuine this time round

#17 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Was waiting for your opinion since we seem to be on the same side of this issue. Agreed, especially liked when he said his daughter will Google his name and see this situation come up first.

#18 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

When he mentioned the court system and the first press conference it kind of made sense.  Legalese can make things really weird.  Don't say your sorry, they'll use it against you etc.  It kind of humanizes it.  

I still feel differently towards him a little bit, but I don't think he's a bad person.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#19 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Well Done Ray!

117hd79.jpg

#20 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

When he mentioned the court system and the first press conference it kind of made sense.  Legalese can make things really weird.  Don't say your sorry, they'll use it against you etc.  It kind of humanizes it.  

I still feel differently towards him a little bit, but I don't think he's a bad person.

This is where I am. Can't say I'm a fan but would I boo him? No. His contrition seems sincere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users