hawkprey

Start your own Bandwagon Thread

173 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this thread is for you to stake your claim in a player that you are excited for this training camp.

If you want to convince everyone how right you were about player X, tell us where he is now on the depth chart / NFL radar and where you think he could wind up this season.

It would also help if you could update your post with training camp news.

I'll start:
I'm on the Jimmy Smith bandwagon. I think most people see him as an up-and-coming corner, but I think that time is now. I believe Jimmy will contend for the defensive player of the year award with 7-9 interceptions. He has great ball skills, and I think was the only player to intercept Flacco multiple times in training camp. (I remember hearing Ajax got one, he's the only one I know of.) I assume that Joe has started avoiding him, as suggested by the many deep plays to the opposite corner. Torrey has been quiet as a result.

Please add your opinion on your favorite player this camp!

I'm on the Joe Flacco bandwagon.  B)

4000 yards, 28 TDs, 12 INTs is my optimistic yet still realistic prediction.

I'm on the Joe Flacco bandwagon. B)

4000 yards, 28 TDs, 12 INTs is my optimistic yet still realistic prediction.

I'm not so sure 28TD/12INT is suppose to be impressive for QB that gets paid like Joe does..

I'm not so sure 28TD/12INT is suppose to be impressive for QB that gets paid like Joe does..

yup just for that quote I'm in the Flacco bandwagon too

yup just for that quote I'm in the Flacco bandwagon too

Just for that I'm on the Tyrod bandwagon...

Really though I gotta ride with my boy Asa

C.J Mosley. Aside from elite linemen one of the most NFL ready prospects in recent years.

Also met Ray Lewis In September and got advice from him. I knew Ray knew Mosley because when we drafted him Ray gave him a great endorsement.

Those numbers will disappoint me immensely this year.

Actually, 12/13 wins sounds better than Flacco passing for 40 TD's and a record of 8-8 or 9-7 and missing the playoffs. I don't care about the guy's stats... I care about if he can get us into the place where he shines the best, the only place that truly counts.

Actually, 12/13 wins sounds better than Flacco passing for 40 TD's and a record of 8-8 or 9-7 and missing the playoffs. I don't care about the guy's stats... I care about if he can get us into the place where he shines the best, the only place that truly counts.

Truth ... Ask Matt Stafford which of those he'd prefer. He's a guy who's had the monster stats but not the same wins. You can keep your 5000 yard seasons if it means missing the playoffs. 

Truth ... Ask Matt Stafford which of those he'd prefer. He's a guy who's had the monster stats but not the same wins. You can keep your 5000 yard seasons if it means missing the playoffs. 

No one remembers stats, if the stats don't break records or aren't combined with team success. People will tell you that the Patriots of the 2000's was a dynasty, or at the very least an elite team, and that Brady (as much as he is hated) was a great QB, but what they don't remember is that he didn't post gaudy stats when he won his super bowls... And no one will remember a guy like Chad Pennington/Marc Bulger posting good stats when they were good QB's, because they don't have the playoff success.

Also, look at Joe Montana's stats... he never passed for over 4,000 yards in his career, and he only passed for over 30 TD's once in his career (1987)... yet many say he's the greatest QB of all-time.

Edited by SeaHawk

Who's gonna "breakout"?

Ray rice- think he's on a mission and think he's sincere about his apologies

Sizzle- back to dominant DPOY form

New guy

Brent Urban- if given enough playing time

Michael Campanaro

I'm with you.  I've liked Camp since watching a few WF games last fall.

How about both? We're still more than a week away from Pre-Season, let people get hyped. Besides, I don't see how, becoming statistically better at passing the ball would turn Joe Flacco into a less clutch QB. You still know, that when the game is on the line, more often than none, Joe will come through, especially when it's a big game.

I also think our D will be pretty darn good, too. Top 10 D and O sounds good to me. We might become one of the most balanced teams in the NFL.

Edited by PolishRifle

How about both? We're still more than a week away from Pre-Season, let people get hyped. Besides, I don't see how, becoming statistically better at passing the ball would turn Joe Flacco into a less clutch QB. You still know, that when the game is on the line, more often than none, Joe will come through, especially when it's a big game.

I also think our D will be pretty darn good, too. Top 10 D and O sounds good to me. We might become one of the most balanced teams in the NFL.

If we can have both, then good. I'm just saying that putting a higher priority on individual success versus the entire team's success is just flat-out ludicrous.